NFL 2013 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dallas-Cowboys-5X-SUPER-BOWL-CHAMPIONS-rings.gif

DCC_hp_422x244.jpg

3147539220_1_4_QhjIJoWV.jpg

cowboys-wp-12-sm.jpg

309997_494045967315697_2104817555_n.jpg

Makes you wonder if all these injuries are the players' own doing with the new CBA. Also, I wonder if there are any case studies going on regarding ACL injuries. I don't have any numbers to back up this claim, but it seems like the amount of ACL injuries have grown exponentially over the last decade or so.

I think a lot of training camp injuries come from people not adequately training in the off season for the type of things they're going to be doing in training camp. Putting on a bunch of muscle in the weight room (or in the laboratory...) in the off season can be a detriment when you actually hit the field, as you might make too explosive of a move in one direction, and it causes a tear or rip. Particularly if that athlete hasn't been spending an adequate amount of time stretching or practicing actual movements they're going to be doing on the field.

I think a lot of training camp injuries come from people not adequately training in the off season for the type of things they're going to be doing in training camp. Putting on a bunch of muscle in the weight room (or in the laboratory...) in the off season can be a detriment when you actually hit the field, as you might make too explosive of a move in one direction, and it causes a tear or rip. Particularly if that athlete hasn't been spending an adequate amount of time stretching or practicing actual movements they're going to be doing on the field.

They should try p90x 2. It's more focused on athletic training and powerful bursts than bulking up.

The rash of acl injuries in all sports is largely due to overtraining and specialization.

ACL injuries are on an increase at all levels of sport, and have been for a few years now. We as a society don't have our kids play every sport imaginable anymore. We try to force them into one or maybe two sports and focus all of their efforts into that one thing, in hopes of gaining athletic scholarships (or more).

A NY Times article from 2 years ago...

http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/well/2011/10/26/a-new-breed-of-knee-injury-in-young-athletes/

On the professional level that's increased exponentially. Athlete's even 20 years ago did not work out as hard as they do today in the off season.

Titans challenge a 3 yard gain.

On the first drive of preseason.

Got to get your victories when you can if you're Tennessee.

NFL Preseason Live is already worth the $20, even though the tablet app isn't working.

Gotta love preseason NFL announcers. Tonight I learned the Patriots' #2 running back after he scored the 2nd TD is "Ben" Vereen, and their top draft choice this year is "Jason" Collins.

And it wasn't even Tim McCarver doing the game.

Back
Top Bottom