New York V Setlist Watch and Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ah god, I just got kicked off for like an hour...

...:sad:...did i miss anything?

That's a pretty impressive stat when you think about it... 25 years ago they had less than 50 people listening to them at their gig in the Netherlands... today they're wrapping up their 5th night at MSG. Not 5 years, not 10 years later.... but TWENTY FIVE years later.... wow. Chances are that someone at MSG right now was conceived shortly after that show in the Netherlands... :)

u2wedge said:

you said it. although I still think Elevation's was a bit more dramatic with the rotating lights...

I agree, I actually think the Vertigo version is the weakest they have done of the song since they started playing it live. That being said, its still great and always a highlight of a U2 show. I dont think the flags work at the beginning. I wish the curtain lights were red at the beginning and then go to white when the houselights come up. I think that would make it look cool.

alexdescending said:

also, i'm baking cookies for a potluck tomorrow. smores and peanut butter with reeses pieces. store-bought bake and break, of course, but i thought you all should know.

:drool: can I go??

cooollaaaapse the liight into eeearth

u2wedge said:
That's a pretty impressive stat when you think about it... 25 years ago they had less than 50 people listening to them at their gig in the Netherlands... today they're wrapping up their 5th night at MSG. Not 5 years, not 10 years later.... but TWENTY FIVE years later.... wow.

That is a big wow. A quarter of a century later.

AtomicBono said:
okay, whoever posted this version of One, I love you. Very good version, whatever he's singing at the end is neato. and now I'm gonna listen to ZS.

goodnight RavenBlue :wave;

Sounds like he's doing a bit of improv at the end to me ...

LuminousTimes said:

Awww....too bad...But I will be in Vegas. What is your band?

everyone's in vegas that night :( :(

my band is called the MoonLight Experience. the best i can describe our music is U2+The Killers + Green Day (but probably not as good) . . . i've promised a U2 cover for that night if any Interferencers come. . .

any encore predictions....im saying there will be nothing new played...maybe...at best...discotheque..although im always wrong on these:)

AtomicBono said:

:drool: can I go??

cooollaaaapse the liight into eeearth

of course! *throws you some cookies*

this snippet before "zoo station" is gorgeous. i have no idea what it is, but i kind of love it.

Lila64 said:
Sorry about the incorrect numbering - shoot me! :reject:
Nobody'd better take a shot at her! :mad:
Without her, our setlist parties would be nothing!

Just to be on the safe side, who wants to volunteer to be in the Lila Secret Service?

Lila64 said:
[BSorry about the incorrect numbering - shoot me! :reject: [/B]

Awh, come here you!

:hug:

Who notices these things any way?

And no way will there be any shooting.

I want to/have to know what the encores will be like!

discothequeLP said:

everyone's in vegas that night :( :(

my band is called the MoonLight Experience. the best i can describe our music is U2+The Killers + Green Day (but probably not as good) . . . i've promised a U2 cover for that night if any Interferencers come. . .

To be not as good as The Killers or Green Day, you'd have to be using cotton for your guitar strings and a baby's rattle in place of a drumkit. So yeah, I'm sure you're better than those two 'bands'! :up:

http://s52.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=1D91QM944OW0L38HWNUSX68ISY

up with a newborn so might as well post a few more, since i'm not getting sleep.

this is a 7 minute version of wgrywh. it is from welcome to zoo tv. a recording of the second night of the first leg in the miami arena. i like listening to these every now and then because i am so used to the end of the tour versions of songs, it's interesting to see what they started out as.

cleazer said:
Nobody'd better take a shot at her! :mad:
Without her, our setlist parties would be nothing!

Just to be on the safe side, who wants to volunteer to be in the Lila Secret Service?

:giggle: Wow, I have my own posse now, huh? Will someone round me up a GA for 11/2? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom