New York V Setlist Watch and Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ramblin rose said:
Interesting. I just got another text from MTEdge. He says the setlist has been changed 3 times tonight. I'm not sure what that means.

maybe he saw the setlist printout?? :shrug:

UKTan said:

Well, why don't u just stop following the setlist and go and do something that doesn't wind u up so much??

What the hell does that have to do with anything? This is a LEGITIMATE COMPLAINT. Oh, wait, some of you don't think there's such a thing when it comes to U2.

This is the fifth night in NYC, for goodness' sake. It's only reasonable to expect the setlist to have a bit of variety. This is simply poor, even by U2's standards.

cleazer said:
Looks like show #3 was the one to go to, with Zoo Station and The Fly.

Well I'd have to say show 2 was the one to go to b/c of the guest appearance. It was really good.

SETLIST:

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo / Rockaway Beach Snippet
3. Elevation
4. Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings Snippet
5. GLORIA
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While
7. Beautiful Day / ??? Snippet
8. Miracle Drug
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own/ 'Torna A Surriento' Snippet
10. Love & Peace Or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Father Abraham
12. Bullet The Blue Sky / Hands That Built America (I think) / When Johnny Comes Marching Hope
13. Miss Sarajevo

HUMAN RIGHTS

14. Pride
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. One / She's A Mystery To Me Snippet!!

BREAK

17. First Time
18. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of

I still can't believe U2 booked 5 consecutive nights in MSG. They must be sick of the place by now.

;)

Axver said:

What the hell does that have to do with anything? This is a LEGITIMATE COMPLAINT. Oh, wait, some of you don't think there's such a thing when it comes to U2.

This is the fifth night in NYC, for goodness' sake. It's only reasonable to expect the setlist to have a bit of variety. This is simply poor, even by U2's standards.

Precisely.

ramblin rose said:
Interesting. I just got another text from MTEdge. He says the setlist has been changed 3 times tonight. I'm not sure what that means.

I bet it was a lot more interesting than this.

one4u2 said:
OK I just returned for encores did I miss anything exciting?

Just a couple people ready to hurl about the fact U2 seems to be running on auto pilot for the last leg of the tour.

T.B.

lesson learned from this garden leg: not really worth the cash to go to a bunch of shows in a row. i know if i still lived in nyc i would have bought tickets for every show, and i know i would have been dissapointed. i am sure i would have had a great time, but still would have been dissappointed because my expecations of a varied setlist would have been high by the 4th or 5th night. would have hoped for something at least as surprising as boston 4 on elevation.

Axver said:

it ain't over til it's over Axver... and if you were at MSG tonight and I was standing next to you and you just said that, I might have to spill my beer on your foot! :wink: I'm sure it's awesome there tonight.

I think the MOFO prayers just went down the tubes.

I have to say, this is one of the few times I'm actually a little disappointed with the setlist choice. Its a fifth night, there should be at least a little variety. Maybe to much partying in NY instead of working on stuff at soundcheck. :shrug:

one4u2 said:
OK I just returned for encores did I miss anything exciting?

BIG SURPRISE: U2 fail expectations and play the same bloody thing yet again.

Somehow I don't think U2 feels any obligation to appease the setlist nazis pouncing on their every move. All of you would rather see the show going on right now than sitting in front of your computers ragging on everything.

Stuck?

Well, I guess U2 is all proud of bringing that song back, and NYC just got unlucky that they brought it back during their 5 shows. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom