New Eze Clips DISCUSSION thread only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think i figured out the chord progression for song #4:

D minor -> A minor -> B flat -> F -> C -> C minor

please correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm already strumming it on guitar. :wink:

I've had the chance to listen to these a few times now. Nice stuff, sounds promising, and it's cool to have the recordings. But I find myself feeling luke-warm about the songs so far -- either I need to listen to these a few more times or I need to hear studio-quality. Maybe I'm just not a beach clip kinda guy.

N°1 : kinda strange to my ears i don't see the body of that song, the transition between the verses and the "choir" sounds a bit obvious, lack of SQ being a beachclip maybe

N°2 : the best one imo, great loose guitar playing, excellent singing...a killer one with no doubt

N°3 : Sexy Boots, chances are 99% for being the single, as we can all imagine the I-Tunes commercial (please no motorcycle please boys), pretty cool riff anyway not so vertigo-ish as it sounds on the clip, closer to some Discothèque meets Lady With The spinning head i think...sounds more consistent thant vertigo for a first shot

n°4 the closest to that typical 2000 sound, maybe ends better than it began, with some sort of loop/percussion at the end witch i found to be its most interesting part...
despite the sound quality issue of a mobile phone recording, Bono sounds in excellent vocal shape on all the clips...

I really like all the songs too, with no.1 slightly ahead as my current favourite. That chorus :drool: I think this one has enormous potential is they got the production right, which is what is very hard to judge from these clips. But one thing for sure is they are ROCKING! Maybe the heavy bass sound makes the songs sound harder than they really are, but wow, this might be their most rocking album ever!

I think it's true though from what we've heard it's not necessarily revolutionary, it does sound quite 'classic rock', but that's not a bad thing at all. But it sounds very different from the last two albums, that's for sure, and even quite different from what U2 has done in the past (especially no.2 and 3)

I remember I was not thrilled by the 2006 clips, I like these MUCH better.

Let me add another thanks. You made my Monday! The lower quality at least gives some mystery that we will enjoy unraveling when the high quality CD and vinyl come out.
:) thanks. I didn't know so many ppl would enjoy this :)
wow! under the circumstances, you made a great recording. i'm sure one of our audio pros here will be able to clean it up too. wow! great stuff! i can't stop smiling!
Thanks! It's clip 2 by the way, at 1:43 she says "hij denkt dat wij aan het opnemen zijn .... no no no" (He thinks we're recording, no no no) A bit later I laugh and say she can make a picture of me. That moment I really thought whey would come down and take my phone. :no:

Thank you LarryMullenFan! I have to say everything about the songwriting sounds fresh-melodies, riffs, chord progressions. A huge leap forward from HTDAAB in my opinion. Thanks again for sharing. Very intentional on Bono's part, I'm sure, to share these with us.

The ending riff on No. 3 rocks my fucking face! I hope three is a single. I love the the chord progression in the chorus, sounds.....wicked!:applaud:

Great job on the recordings. You get a lot from these. Both in amount and quality.

even if they are nice teasers...those clips doesn't give any correct album preview i think

imagine the same kind of stuff with Discothèque, Staring At The Sun, IGWSHA or The Playboy Mansion back in 1997...i don't think we could have a concrete idea of the taste of he album if they were such beachclips, as POP really was in fact

for now, that doesn't seem that much inovative for U2 but sounds like there is some bright songwritting

can anyone else hear Bono sing 16th june at 1:23 into song 2?
I read somwhere that Bono said all the numbers mentioned on the
new album have a particular meaning, i looked the date up on Wiki but I couldnt find anything to relate it to the band
anyone shed any light on this? :scratch::confused:

many thanks to LarryMullenFan, you have proved we REALLY are in for somthing special! not just over hyped stuff by Bono like HTDAAB, :hyper::hyper::hyper::happy::happy::happy::bow:

I can definitely hear the bass a lot more in these clips compared to the entirety of HTDAAB... even though COBL had prominent bass work.

edge's lead guitar during the chorus of song #4 sounds very special....kind of similar feel as "Deep In The Heart".

Seriously though, I knew Radiohead would not disappoint - I had heard the new songs in concert and everything, but I was worried about U2.

Not anymore. This is incredible, incredible, incredible. Imagine how close we are.

I don't know which one is NLOTH but people are saying it is #1.

#3 (Sexy Boots) definitely sounds like the single.

Which one is meant to be NLOTH? and which one do we think is the single? (can't make out many lyrics)

not sure, to be honest. out of the 4, i think #3 would be a cool first single. i think it would catch a lot of people by surprise, kind of like "The Fly".

#2 is the only one i don't see making it as a single. great song, but i think it's more of a strong album tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom