New Eze Clips DISCUSSION thread only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im against listening to the 5th clip...dont any of you guys just want to be surprised by new music instead of deciphering every little noise? I regret listening to the clips. Whatever happened to just blind buying the cd when it comes out and being completely blown away by surprise?!!:doh:

umm that is your choice... if you dont want to listen to them and be surprised then you have all the right and freedom to do so. But not everyone is the same as you... some people love getting tidbits (such as some people love seeing trailers to movies before they come out). Its human nature and just like you they can choose to listen or not to listen to the clips. No one is holding a gun to our heads to listen to the clips.

I understand the whole tidbits thing but when youve listened to possibly half of the album before it even comes out (though its in shitty quality)..youre kind of spoiling it...just my opinion.

On clip four at 4:23, it also sounds like Bono could be saying "all we have left" three times at the end of the song. So, if it's any of the song titles we know, again my bet is it's "Love is all we have left."

yesss I hear the same! so now I know the title of my year's favourite song: "Love is all we have left" :hyper:

I understand the whole tidbits thing but when youve listened to possibly half of the album before it even comes out (though its in shitty quality)..youre kind of spoiling it...just my opinion.

I figure a person has three choices:

1. Torture yourself by listening to vivid descriptions of the new tracks until November.
2. Not venture into EYKIW or its subforums until November.
3. Listen to the clips.

#1 sucks, #2 is unreasonable, and #3 is fun. I'm going with that one for the time being. :up: :wink:

1. Torture yourself by listening to vivid descriptions of the new tracks until November
2. Not venture into EYKIW or its subforums until November
3. Listen to the clips

#1 sucks, #2 is unreasonable, and #3 is fun. I'm going with that. :wink::up:

:yes:

Well I am going to have to join in on the track 4 love, it just sounds beyond amazing to me.

It’s great to hear some new songs. songs 4 1 and 2 are pretty cool and im liking them in that order. Hopefully song 3 isn’t the first single cant really see it being the kind of lead off Beautiful day and Vertigo were. Say what u like about those songs but they had a real hook to them song 3 doesn’t cut it.

of course this is only my opinion song 3 will probably be a big hit

I just can’t see it

Bring on Nov

dude...I doubt any of us are not going to feel surprised when the new album comes....even after listening to all these leaks/recordings/U2.com vids, etc., some songs/parts of songs that we have heard aren't even going to make the album...and it's just a totally different experience listening to perfect quality tracks....I really don't feel like I know exactly what sort of sound this record is going to have...in fact nobody knows...it's just a fun way to spend time leading up to it :shrug:

1. Torture yourself by listening to vivid descriptions of the new tracks until November.
2. Not venture into EYKIW or its subforums until November.
3. Listen to the clips.

#1 sucks, #2 is unreasonable, and #3 is fun. I'm going with that one for the time being. :up: :wink:

Or option #4, which is what I'm doing...

Download the clips, don't listen to them, but still visit the board and let all of the conversation build up my imagination without the chance I spoil the new album experience, then once I've soaked up the album, go back and compare the clips to the real deal :up:

I promised myself I wouldn't listen to the clips before the album, but I almost broke down. I caught myself when I began listening to track 1 for about 3 seconds and I quickly turned it off. I think the payoff will be huge, hoping it's kinda like the first time I listened to Zooropa. I remember sitting in a parking lot during my lunch hour that day and just continually saying and thinking 'wow'. I'm ready for that again!

Download the clips, don't listen to them, but still visit the board and let all of the conversation build up my imagination without the chance I spoil the new album experience, then once I've soaked up the album, go back and compare the clips to the real deal :up:

I promised myself I wouldn't listen to the clips before the album, but I almost broke down. I caught myself when I began listening to track 1 for about 3 seconds and I quickly turned it off. I think the payoff will be huge, hoping it's kinda like the first time I listened to Zooropa. I remember sitting in a parking lot during my lunch hour that day and just continually saying and thinking 'wow'. I'm ready for that again!

the problem with that option is that by the time the album comes out, these clips won't mean the same thing to me...and I know I won't get nearly the same enjoyment out of listening to them once the actual album is released. So I think I'm making the most out of these beautiful clips right now. And besides...what if some of these clips don't make the album? Then you just lost loads and loads of fun and excitement and discussion :shrug:

I don't want to speak for LMF, but I believe he meant in terms of sound quality.
Exactly.

Anyways, amazing to read this thread and seeing requests for the 5th clip when it's not even available :doh:

I had to cut some 90 seconds of from the beginning, too much talking going on. The good thing is that the remaining bit is talk-free :applaud:

I''ll start a new request thread for it.

I read the descriptions but they're so varied they remind of the song descriptions of Bomb in official reviews (LAPOE being compared to Mofo and Led Zeppelin, for one). I did look at the U2.com clips but I don't intend to listen to poor quality beach clips.

Not listening to beach clips and then trying to make others feel like they made the wrong/bad choice by listening to them sounds like a virgin preaching to his/her peers. And it really just comes off as bitterness/jealousy at missing out (whether or not this is the case). "You should have waited til marriage/til the album came out!"

won't be able to listen to the 5th clip until i get home, has anyone gave it a listen yet? how is it? is it "For Your Love" or a different tune?

Im against listening to the 5th clip...dont any of you guys just want to be surprised by new music instead of deciphering every little noise? I regret listening to the clips. Whatever happened to just blind buying the cd when it comes out and being completely blown away by surprise?!!:doh:

I would guess one of the reasons why this is so is because there is so much time between albums for bands like U2 and Metallica that there is this immediate need for anything audible that comes fans' way

In the last chorus of track 4, this is what I'm hearing:

"Only love, only love can...keep us apart (EDIT: i'm not sure about apart...sounds kinda like "above")

Only looooooove, onlYY love...can unite the heart"

I'm pretty sure that's what he's saying.

Very With or Without You. Maybe too much so.

First 10 seconds of track 5 and it feels like I'm listening to a Beach Boys track...not kidding.

yeah, i'm going to have to listen on better speakers. i can't really make much out of it with my crappy computer speakers.

Definitely doesn't sound like any of the other clips...sounds kinda like a slow jam from AB/Zooropa era with a dose of beach boys psych pop and a really boring chorus.

is it really u2 (i'm still waiting)?
someone said on the french forum: "Si je ne m'abuse, c'etait une fausse alerte, c'etait pas du U2, mais un truc des strokes"

Sounds very Unforgettable Fire experimentation.

I don't think it sounds experimental or like UF at all.

Maybe a little different from anything else they've done, but I don't think it's any more groundbreaking for them than The Sweetest Thing was (which many would consider "different" for them--at least the band thinks this).

is it really u2 (i'm still waiting)?
someone said on the french forum: "Si je ne m'abuse, c'etait une fausse alerte, c'etait pas du U2, mais un truc des strokes"

I think this quote is referring to clip 409 from 2006, which got all the U2 fans excited...but then it turned out to be a song from the Strokes' lead guitarist's solo album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom