New Album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

8rattoon

The Fly
Anyone think there will be an album released, a la Zooropa, after the vertigo tour? They have some material left over from the HTDAAB sessions and the timing and nature of this massive tour parallels the Zootv tour. So much time to write and practice new material - a recording session early next spring? Just some wishful thinking.

10 days til Denver.

Nope. Don't see it happening. I would love it... or at least I think it would. But given the fact that I really dislike a lot of the unreleased are rare stuff that would have made up HTDAAB originally, I think if they take their time, so be it. Not to mention, the band originally said that this album would be made to capitalize on the momentum of the tour... which, obviously, is not the case.

Heard a rumor on the radio that they might have an album by 2006. Although it'd be sweet, I can't necessarily believe it to be true.

the new album already is underway. they have been at ocean way studios / hollywood recently with RR* :sexywink:

*rick rubin

it won't happen, bono is 2 busy between gigs with other commitments. besides it took them long enough to release the last album!

If it does happen, it'll happen Before/After they get to Australia.....then more dates for Europe....and...oh yeah...The US aswell haha.

Uh-huh, and they were going back into the studios a year after ATYCLB too. Not gonna happen, folks, depite the quotes. Next album, and probably the final album, will be 2009 or 2010.

as you wish16 said:
Uh-huh, and they were going back into the studios a year after ATYCLB too. Not gonna happen, folks, depite the quotes. Next album, and probably the final album, will be 2009 or 2010.
are you on crack?

2008 at the latest. hopefully sooner.

U2 have come out with at least something a year or two after every studio album since JT which I'm sure everybody knows already.

JT(87)- RH(88)
AB(91)- Zoo(93)
Pop(97)- Best of(98)
ATYCLB(00)- Best of(02)
Atomic Bomb(04) - (06)Studio Album?

For naysayers of U2 not coming out with something within their usual 2 year period. What makes you think they are going to sway away from their usual pattern?? History would suggest they will have something for us. I'm predicting a studio album but wouldn't it be interesting if they came out with a live album which is something they haven't done in years. Or a live/studio album.
After their autumn 3rd leg they could go into the studio to record in the new year before a 4th leg(Oz, Japan, Mexico?) or go into the studio after the 4th leg. Possible album release for summer 06.

Something else to look at. Achtung was released in Nov(91) and Zooropa came out July(93). Atomic Bomb was released in Nov as well. This is all speculation of course and my opinion but one can be hopefull.

Back
Top Bottom