New Album - inc 'Invisible' - discussion of Hangar Clips, Super Bowl and Amy Poehler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wait, what happened?

Dave Fanning supposedly played two minutes of "Invisible," and announced it as "new U2."

It was not, in fact, new U2. It was, in fact, old Dark Stares.

No one's really sure if he got fooled (the video is labeled as "new U2" on YouTube), or if it's some sort of elaborate prank orchestrated by Evil Bono and/or Evil Guy Oseary.

if Fanning was taking the piss, it was a pretty irresponsible thing for him to do in his position

Is it possible he's actually pissed off, perhaps having been told there will be no exclusives for him this time around, so he leads his listeners to believe this totally shite song is by U2? That would be a fun thought.

Dave Fanning supposedly played two minutes of "Invisible," and announced it as "new U2."

It was not, in fact, new U2. It was, in fact, old Dark Stares.

No one's really sure if he got fooled (the video is labeled as "new U2" on YouTube), or if it's some sort of elaborate prank orchestrated by Evil Bono and/or Evil Guy Oseary.

What the hell.

this is even weirder..

"Kev Harrison" on twitter, one of the first to say he heard new songs in Santa Monica last week, is posting a link to fanning's show, with the fake clip of "Invisible." - saying "Edge is all over this one"

Maybe Fanning and the new management haven't been in touch and this happened by accident. I can't see this as being planned because it would mean that the fake U2 band were in on it too.

Maybe I'm just naive, but I think it's very silly to think that the management or band was in on this to generate buzz.

But what the hell do I know? I'm probably too naive for the music industry.

Something VERY strange is happening here, if someone can get on atu2s twitter they have the audio from the show and he even says "from the new album due out March, April or June" but the tone of his voice is just like he knows something.

It's all very odd and wouldn't be surprised if this was done on purpose

Something VERY strange is happening here, if someone can get on atu2s twitter they have the audio from the show and he even says "from the new album due out March, April or June" but the tone of his voice is just like he knows something.

It's all very odd and wouldn't be surprised if this was done on purpose

audio is here:
https://twitter.com/KevHarrison/status/423959244514131968

but you cant read into it.. so brief

The "tour" section of the Dark Stares' website shows no upcoming shows. Bizarre way of hinting at the opening act for the upcoming tour, perhaps?

Atu2's got an article up about it. I tweeted at Alan Cross and Neil McCormack the link and asked them to weigh in... no press is bad press!

Can't believe Fanning believed that was U2. Also find it hard to believe Fanning would play a prank re: a U2 single without at least asking...

it's encouraging to me Fanning did the "April, May, maybe June... June is my guess" thing...

cause if he does know when it's coming (maybe unlikely but possible), and if this was a prank (very likely, I think) and especially if U2/U2 mgmt was in on it (possible)... it could be read as a playful smokescreen for something big and confident coming for the Super Bowl. :drool:

Well, that was an interesting 17 page read. :crack: :ohmy: :hyper: :angry:

tumblr_ls620sV8K71r0ir6go1_500_zps9f6528d0.gif

I am angry but also unreasonably excited.

I just want to hear new music. They can release a song a month until June for all I care. :hyper:

Still... "reckons June" is not "out in June". Perhaps everyone is as confused as we are? :huh:

:up:

Jesus, I'm gone 8 fucking hours and Fanning has stealth bombed the new song, Interference has dropped the ball and @U2 has all the news. Let the world end now.

Yeah, this'll teach me to go to the grocery store and make dinner like a responsible adult. :angry:

However, I must say that I am sorta loling about the Fanning thing.
tumblr_lus2kfP5ZX1qafrh6.gif

This little 'false alarm' has me even more excited. Shows that anything can happen at any given time. Bring it on, U2. :hyper: I guess we're back to eyeing the possibility of the Super Bowl ad.

Back
Top Bottom