New Album Discussion 1 - Songs of..... - Unreasonable guitar album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Release all your songs u2 and let the fans make their own album.

Songs Of Fans.

Last edited:
Digital singles, each song gets a bit of attention every few weeks. Keeps the fanbase engaged. Build your own playlist. Maybe issue a few as 45s for Record Store Day. Eventually gets official release as a collection, but not a formal album “statement.” This isn’t hard, they’re just stubborn. And dumb.

Yeah for all of the incredible innovations they have made in the live performance side of things, it's amazing how unimaginative they are when it comes to just shaking up how they release stuff.

And please spare me the Apple comments. I know they tried to shake it up once. But speaking in more of broad sense especially now that everything is streaming, and not purchased downloads.

Yeah for all of the incredible innovations they have made in the live performance side of things, it's amazing how unimaginative they are when it comes to just shaking up how they release stuff.

And please spare me the Apple comments. I know they tried to shake it up once. But speaking in more of broad sense especially now that everything is streaming, and not purchased downloads.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the new U2 album....on CD!!!

And they once upon a time (not so long ago) seemed like they were a band on the forefront of the digital music age with the Vertigo commercial and U2 iPod.
Then they went in reverse.

The problem with singles and EPs is if you do the "one drop at a time" method, it tends to get diminishing results with each release. Sort of like the movie that debuts strongly at the box office and then has an 80 percent drop in the second week.

The press and fan engagement might be there for the first go around, but no one's probably going to care as much by the third or fourth one (aside from us, obviously!).

I know some people online tend to bash the album artform nowadays. But there's probably enough of a backing when you think about acts tying that release to tour dates or physical items the fans can buy. There's probably still merit in having that go around every few years or so.

That, and I can remember all the times online when people were saying the band wasn't proactive with press before the first Sphere show, or how they're not as big as they were and no one cares, etc. Flash forward to after the first or second show, and you catch them talking about it on the morning shows, releasing the interviews, seeing their posts and articles online, etc. I'd have to think the people behind the scenes still have some idea what they're doing, and which is why me and anyone else is probably guessing more as a fan than someone ensuring maximum reach.

Digital singles, each song gets a bit of attention every few weeks. Keeps the fanbase engaged. Build your own playlist. Maybe issue a few as 45s for Record Store Day. Eventually gets official release as a collection, but not a formal album “statement.” This isn’t hard, they’re just stubborn. And dumb.
Chili peppers done that,and there were some great songs released.

a new song every 6-8 weeks would be cool.

But I think I'd rather them wait and have an album of all new songs. Nothing beats the anticipation and joy of digesting a whole new record for me.

IT'S A MUSICAL JOURNEY PEOPLE

a new song every 6-8 weeks would be cool.

But I think I'd rather them wait and have an album of all new songs. Nothing beats the anticipation and joy of digesting a whole new record for me.

IT'S A MUSICAL JOURNEY PEOPLE

Extend the sphere residency - Friday and Saturday every week, then record in LA. Do this for all of 2024.

Drop a new song every month for a project they announce at Xmas - Album of the Year.

Larry can fly in for a day of two at the start of every month and lay down his parts. If they have three of four songs nearly finished then he can load them up around his surgery.

If they want to really make it an Achtung baby anniversary then they should release a new album during a residency extension - looking at you zooropa

The only believable part of that entire exchange is Larry calling it all shite

Well Atomic City has about the same number of YouTube views in 1 week that YSSML had in an over a year.

That’s kinda cool. Especially when one was part of a very successful movie.

Usual bombast,in reality will he nowhere near that.

Yes I know that, was just being sarcastic ?

They should call the next album 100 Songs From The Edge's On Fire Guitar But Don't Worry It's Not Quite AC DC So No Need For Ear Plugs

Subtitle Bono Had 20 Songs In The Bag But They Were All Shite So We Shredded Them While He Was At The Buffet In Vegas

Too long?

Yes I know that, was just being sarcastic [emoji847]

They should call the next album 100 Songs From The Edge's On Fire Guitar But Don't Worry It's Not Quite AC DC So No Need For Ear Plugs

Subtitle Bono Had 20 Songs In The Bag But They Were All Shite So We Shredded Them While He Was At The Buffet In Vegas

Too long?
100SFTEONFGBDWINQACDCSNNFEP

works for me.[emoji1787]

Last edited:
Rock n roll = Big NO!

Punk = Big YES!

Wish they'd be inspired by the old punk records. I know they said Songs of Innocence was that but it wasn't really.

We need less Atomic Citys, American Soul etcs and more of that tune from 4.46 in the Fender video. What is that, why is it not being released - it's got the hallmarks of classic U2. Clear punk influences, it sounds fantastic.

Rock n roll = Big NO!

Punk = Big YES!

Wish they'd be inspired by the old punk records. I know they said Songs of Innocence was that but it wasn't really.

We need less Atomic Citys, American Soul etcs and more of that tune from 4.46 in the Fender video. What is that, why is it not being released - it's got the hallmarks of classic U2. Clear punk influences, it sounds fantastic.

I probably think about this song at least once a month. THIS is the sound right there. A shame that Edge seemed to get sidetracked by acoustic stuff soon after this video. Hoping this song sees the light of day, and one can only hope to hear a rock album more in that vein.

Some conjecture that the song that plays at the Sphere after they finish is an unreleased new tune with a guest vocal

From Reddit:
You can here the full song in this recording of night 3 around 2:07:55

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom