New Album Discussion 1 - Songs of..... - Unreasonable guitar album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We already heard the song! I play it all the time. Sure I'm excited for official release, but this is silly kids.

Actually I take that back. The bootleg I had of U2 "you're the best thing about me" with Kygo I swear sounded better than any version I heard released even the one they claim was the same. But somehow i lost that mp3 I had of it or my mind and the recording is the same.

so dumb.

just drop it now. why wait and play a completely unrecognizable song at opening night? buncha silly gooses, these guys.

It won’t be unrecognizable if people have a 24-hour window to hear it before the show. If there are fans who are so causal and fair-weather and aren’t tapped into the news cycle, you think they’re going to recognize Acrobat or So Cruel? Or any deep cuts from the post-2000 era?

They also played brand new, unreleased songs during 360.

I don’t see what the big deal is.

It won’t be unrecognizable if people have a 24-hour window to hear it before the show. If there are fans who are so causal and fair-weather and aren’t tapped into the news cycle, you think they’re going to recognize Acrobat or So Cruel? Or any deep cuts from the post-2000 era?

They also played brand new, unreleased songs during 360.

I don’t see what the big deal is.

Oddly, YouTube played into their favor on North Star

(2:25 here but I like the whole thing)
https://youtu.be/YMkGOA5-FVE?si=jEReQ8m-uGP0g69l

so they… dropped it?

I love North Star! Better than Wild Honey for instance...

Why are people so worried that people won't hear a new song before the show? Do you think everyone will just walk out? Their ears will bleed if they don't know every lyric?

Wait until they play a cover of a song they don't know! Chaos!!!

Peter Gabriel is on tour with his new album I/O and he's playing like 10-12 new songs for an album he hasn't released yet.

The real question is: will Dave Fanning get his "first play" exclusive on Irish radio before release, or is it already too widely circulated thanks to the music video shoot? :hmm:

The real question is: will Dave Fanning get his "first play" exclusive on Irish radio before release, or is it already too widely circulated thanks to the music video shoot? :hmm:

Interesting point. He doesn’t seem to have a regular show any more. Sporadic Mondays on RTE by the looks. Probably not going to happen.

Peter Gabriel is on tour with his new album I/O and he's playing like 10-12 new songs for an album he hasn't released yet.

He's been releasing a new song to coincide with every new cycle of the moon. Each one is related to streaming with an accompanying piece of cover art from an artist and a video blog about the track. There's no word if/when there will be an album to buy or when the releases will stop as he has a lot of material apparently.

I saw him live in the summer and the new tracks are really good and were well received well. So clearly the fans going to the shows were listening to the new songs (which makes sense) in advance of going to the shows.

That said, ticket sales for the US haven't been as good as expected from what I can see and there's been discussion that he should just release an album of all the new songs to generate interest.

I like the way he's done it - would be interesting to see U2 try something similar.

Would be cool to see them just do the house lights for a song or two during these shows without the use of the screen.

I'm sure they'll do something like this. At the start maybe? Just long enough for those in the 400s to start bitching before the screen explodes into life?

Genuinely interested to see how they're going to use the screen.

Back
Top Bottom