New Album Discussion 1 - Songs of..... - Unreasonable guitar album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Biggest travesty of the last 13 years or so,boy falls from the sky not getting a proper U2 release.

I'm so glad it's not just me who loves this song. I know the live version was a bit rough around the edges, but I really thought they might have recorded a version of it at some point for release.

I'm so glad it's not just me who loves this song. I know the live version was a bit rough around the edges, but I really thought they might have recorded a version of it at some point for release.
I bet there is a studio recording,buried away with hundreds of other versions of songs.

i mean i could be wrong... but, what, they're gonna have Bram do the solo at the end by himself? it's such a tradition where the band all leave one by one with Larry as the last one left that I just can't see them doing it without him.

sure, they could switch it up and have maybe edge on bass be the last person - but, yea, i think they're going to leave that one out this time.

the next world tour WITH larry, though - yea i think it closes every show (because i think it'll be the last tour)

I've changed my tone a little bit after seeing Foo Fighters live a couple weeks ago. Josh Freese did an amazing job as a drummer and while damn I wish Taylor Hawkins was drumming, it didn't lesson the experience for me.

The only thing that still seems weird is that the band always seemed to brand themselves as "if one of us is gone, we quit", so if this is long term and Larry were to not come back (yeah I know it doesn't look like that will happen but just saying), then I'd prefer that the band calls it a day. Bono and Edge can still do solo stuff.

i mean i could be wrong... but, what, they're gonna have Bram do the solo at the end by himself? it's such a tradition where the band all leave one by one with Larry as the last one left that I just can't see them doing it without him.

sure, they could switch it up and have maybe edge on bass be the last person - but, yea, i think they're going to leave that one out this time.

the next world tour WITH larry, though - yea i think it closes every show (because i think it'll be the last tour)

Yeah, it's unlikely we see it in the Sphere. Probably for the best, song doesn't fit the AB theme and the building enhancements and 40 don't seem like a fit.
If they were to play it for any reason, definitely wouldn't do it the usual way and let Bram be last on stage.

Boston 1, same tour.

Best show ever.

They really were tapping into something that tour. I don’t know if it was trying to prove something post SOI release or what but there were magical moments I felt were sorely missing on E&I

They really were tapping into something that tour. I don’t know if it was trying to prove something post SOI release or what but there were magical moments I felt were sorely missing on E&I
I genuinely enjoyed the E&I shows I went to.

But they were absolutely mailing it in, at least on the US leg. Things changed in Europe.

Same. And it didn’t need to be that way.
It's still baffling as to why they thought bringing "act 1" back was a good idea.

The whole very idea of the albums being companions went out the window with Bono's original elbow. So trying the tours together with such a gap was a bad idea.

What it eventually morphed into in Europe? Better idea. Still kinda lazy, just going back to the ZooTV suite they broke out when 360 was delayed. Alas

I think where E&i evolved to was a great show. People can say what they like about the quality of the new music, but the pacing, story, theming etc of the tour as it was released from Berlin was quite breathtaking.

I can absolutely understand people who saw the show in the US being jaded about the setlists. As mentioned - it was moronic to think act 1 returning was a good idea when the concept of sister shows died 3 years and 2 tours earlier.

When I think about Boston/MSG and Paris for I/e, then Berlin for e/I, there was some real magic there and I can’t help but think of if what those shows became was the basis for the original concept. Take out any duplication and add in some of the non/lesser played songs from the new albums (Reach Around, Troubles, Little Things, RFD) and some Pop for E/I maybe a rarity or two in the rotating slots, and run them as 4 shows per city, alternating nights in pairs, option of selling slightly discounted tickets to a pair of shows promising an entirely different experience - it could have been their defining moment as a band.

I know we all want the rare songs in the set list but they absolutely kill the flow of concerts. There’s just not enough for hard fans to warrant deep cuts and I can’t blame the band for not playing them.

I know we all want the rare songs in the set list but they absolutely kill the flow of concerts. There’s just not enough for hard fans to warrant deep cuts and I can’t blame the band for not playing them.

Exit and Acrobat were the highlights of the last two tours, hardly momentum killers

Acrobat should have been a regular on every tour. perfectly worthy of being the opener on zootv and an encore song on any tour since. Instead, I've seen Miss Sarajevo 3 times out of 7 shows in my life.

Acrobat should have been a regular on every tour. perfectly worthy of being the opener on zootv and an encore song on any tour since. Instead, I've seen Miss Sarajevo 3 times out of 7 shows in my life.

Acrobat on the original Zoo TV indoor shows or even outdoor legs would have been incredible to see them playing at that age, on those shows where they are at the absolute top of their game. The indoor ones also had a rawness and anger about them on certain songs which has naturally dulled with age.

Back
Top Bottom