New Album Discussion 1 - Songs of..... - Unreasonable guitar album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a dull time to be a u2fan on this side of the world. Honestly I don't care about the Sphere shows. It's an expensive trip for a show without Larry in the US.
No news for the fans that don't have the chance to visit the band this year. No releases, nothing.
After the SOS I'm kind of tired being a u2 fan seeing other great bands visit my country and releasing interesting material.

They've apparently been making enquiries about Barcelona, London and Paris for next summer, although the person reporting the information has such little context that it sounds like they might just be looking to book their next holiday.

Maybe they'll surprise us with an album good to go by the New Year and a tour in the summer? Starting in Europe this time given the Vegas residency this year?

I’d be surprised if they’re ready to go in 12 months but it’s not entirely out of the realm of possibility. European leg to start wouldn’t be a terrible idea. Space things out after Vegas to build more demand in the States. They would hit the US in fighting shape.

Would love an eventual arena run of random album nights like Bruce did in 2009, but that would require them learning more than 30 songs, soooo

I’d be surprised if they’re ready to go in 12 months but it’s not entirely out of the realm of possibility. European leg to start wouldn’t be a terrible idea. Space things out after Vegas to build more demand in the States. They would hit the US in fighting shape.

Would love an eventual arena run of random album nights like Bruce did in 2009, but that would require them learning more than 30 songs, soooo

I guess the Vegas run is slightly different in that there's no travelling between gigs so it would be much easier to do some proper recording sessions in between shows and rehearsals.

I guess the Vegas run is slightly different in that there's no travelling between gigs so it would be much easier to do some proper recording sessions in between shows and rehearsals.
The issue being that I don't think there's a chance in hell that Larry is flying to the states to record while the band is playing in Vegas without him.

They could, of course, lay down everything but the drum parts (or conceivably have Bram fill in and then have Larry rerecord when he's healthy).

It's also why I don't think we'll see a new song on Vegas like we did on JT30. I don't think they'd debut a new song without Larry.

They flew Lillywhite out, after all.

The issue being that I don't think there's a chance in hell that Larry is flying to the states to record while the band is playing in Vegas without him.

They could, of course, lay down everything but the drum parts (or conceivably have Bram fill in and then have Larry rerecord when he's healthy).

It's also why I don't think we'll see a new song on Vegas like we did on JT30. I don't think they'd debut a new song without Larry.

Doesn't Larry mostly live in Long Island somewhere? I saw a few photos of him living his best life a couple of months ago and they were all in NYC as I recall... But I agree that I would not expect a record to come out of all this.

Doesn't Larry mostly live in Long Island somewhere? I saw a few photos of him living his best life a couple of months ago and they were all in NYC as I recall... But I agree that I would not expect a record to come out of all this.

Westchester County - north of NYC - but i believe he splits time between there and Ireland.

either way - one would assume that if he was healthy enough to record he'd be healthy enough to perform.

Westchester County - north of NYC - but i believe he splits time between there and Ireland.

either way - one would assume that if he was healthy enough to record he'd be healthy enough to perform.

[tinfoil hat on]

I kind of think he is good enough for both... He just doesn't want to.

[/tinfoil hat off]

I have zero basis for this. :lol:

[tinfoil hat on]

I kind of think he is good enough for both... He just doesn't want to.

[/tinfoil hat off]

I have zero basis for this. [emoji38]

me too ...

BrilliantEmotionalAmericantoad-size_restricted.gif

... I might have some basis

REM continued without Bill Berry but it was never really the same. U2 would be even less so sans Lawrence. I can understand not wanting to tour for extended periods, but not even record? Would feel wrong, IMO. To me, the band ends there.

REM continued without Bill Berry but it was never really the same. U2 would be even less so sans Lawrence. I can understand not wanting to tour for extended periods, but not even record? Would feel wrong, IMO. To me, the band ends there.

Personally, I do not think that U2 HAS to end if Larry quits so long as they all agree going on is ok AND good music is still there OR they become mainly a touring act relying on the catalog.

For me, new U2 records have not elicited much excitement for a while. Live? They still have it. New music? Eh.

Which is why Vegas, here I come JUST in case.

The big reason why I have zero interest in U2 continuing if Larry were to officially retire is that fact that literally their entire career, they've eluded to the fact that if one goes, they all go. I'd like to see them stay true to their word. Personally, I would have zero interest in a new album if it's not the original lineup and would prefer that they go the solo artist route at that point.

i'm more inclined to agree with you on the new music side (but with some caveats) - but couldn't really give a turkey if they continued to tour as a 3+1 and called themselves U2.

i mean... larry's always been the cranky, surly one. if he just decided he's had enough and wants to go make terrible movies instead, but the other three wanted to continue on? i mean - yea i think i'd probably be okay with that - even on the new music side. if it were just bono & the edge - i mean sure they could just call themselves bono & edge and still tour on and everyone would get it. but what the hell are bono, edge and adam supposed to call themselves?

if, like, they were just being dicks to larry? ok sure, i'd probably have a problem with it. but when the surly one is being surly and the other three are cool? yeaaaa i think i'll get over it. would suck, but life moves on

mark-jackson.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom