National Hockey League 2013-14 season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chris Barsoum 0
BOS-5 TB-5 PIT-4 PHI-7 COL-6 STL-7 ANA-4 SJ-7
BOS-4 PIT-5 COL-7 ANA-6
BOS-7 ANA-5
ANA-6

Tie Breaker: 68

Not doing so bad...

Very surprised to see my Habs winning the Tampa series in 4,but a good surprise.A surprise that will give us the 34th post season chapter of the best rivalry in hockey,Habs-Bruins.Love it!

My heart says Habs in 6,but my wallet says Bruins in 6.

Who should i listen to?

:wink:

.......btw,are the Sharks on the verge of choking again?

Clearly surprised me that the Habs won haha. I had Boston sweeping Tampa, but now that it's Montreal I will have to say Boston in 6. That's a series that is gonna be good regardless of how the teams are in the standings.

I just thought Tampa's offense was going to light up. Quite the contrary, Tampa was easily the worst team in this playoff given their performance. LA would've taken that award if it wasn't for their resent resurgence.

No doubt. But, with that I still saw Tampa as a strong team. Perhaps not in 5 games, but I thought they stood a chance. The real glaring part of their sweep was their inability to establish themselves on offense night by night. They relied a lot on single rush attacks and small spurts. Montreal pretty much manhandled Tampa in every aspect.

Finally have a second to watch my first bit of the playoffs just in time to see the Blues allow one of the worst defended goals I've ever seen. 2-1...are the Blues actually going to recreate history?

So here's how its gonna go...
Bruins beat Detroit, Montreal, Rangers and Blackhawks in that order to win the cup...4 series wins over 4 original 6 teams.

Oh my...I can't believe the eerie similarities between these playoffs and those previously! I mean, it's not surprising, but it's still shocking nonetheless, especially when you see it laid out like this. Just crazy, scary stuff. WOW.

BmQL-8UCEAAXMUT.png:large

What would be regard as the biggest choke job? The Leafs last year in the 3rd period or the current Sharks debacle?

Take your pick.

Yeah, but it was Anaheim. Anaheim is pretty much the #2 behind Boston for being cup favorites going into the playoffs.

I'd venture to say that it's San Jose being the biggest joke at the moment. But St. Louis gets an HM.

Hartnell, Baby Schenn, Simmonds, Raffl, and Timonen are all playing like shit. That leaves Coburn and Streit as the only competent defensemen unless Berube actually does something that makes sense and plays Erik Gustafsson tonight instead of fucking Hal Gill.

Nick Grossmann (who blows) got hurt in Game 4. The Flyers have Gustafsson (who is probably their third or fourth best D-man but ran over the dogs of both Berube and Homer or something) and Hal Gill as healthy scratches. They used Gill, who proceeded to be at least the partial cause of two of New York's Game 5 goals and also missed a wide open net.

The Flyers' defensive CapGeek is the saddest thing in the world. A ton of money locked into players who range from below average to atrocious. Seriously, like $12 million for MacDonald, Schenn and Grossmann, who would all be healthy scratches on good teams. LONG TERM locked up.

The thing is...

I remember Hal Gill as being an incompetent NHL defender a LONG time ago. We're talking Toronto here.

In my head I felt like that was a decade ago. So I googled it. Scary enough to say, it was 7 years ago. It's absurd how a player can just get the "veteran" title and continue to get a job for it.

I warmed up to Hal Gill when he was with the Habs. Sure he's a pylon, but he's fantastic on the penalty kill, is a shot blocking machine, and can clear space in front of the net. They key is to limit his minutes as best you can.

Back
Top Bottom