MLB 2010 Part 4 - October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know that all of you hate McCarver, and with good reason, but I actually still like him a little....and the last two nights, while not perfect, he has reminded me why he used to be so good/lauded.

He is still willing to first guess, and analyze things as he sees them before events unfold, rather than watching a replay and rehashing for us what everyone just saw. He foreshadowed Ross' 2nd HR last night and he did a nice job just now of explaining that Ryan Howard was reminding himself to try to go to the opposite field just before he did that very thing.....and while neither of these things are amazingly insightful, I still find them to be informative.
Eh, he's not as bad as others (i.e. Morgan), but he still just says things that mean nothing all the time. When Victorino led off the game, he looked at three straight pitches, which led McCarver to say something like, "When you take pitches from someone who's wild, he's more likely to thread the needle." Which made no sense on a number of levels.

He also thought Huff cutting off the ball in the 7th to try and get Oswalt was the right play because "it was going to ricochet towards first," even though the ball was clearly going to get over the mound and one hop the plate.

Clifford_Costume_at_WHEER_2006.jpg

Burnett pitching for you guys tomorrow is almost a win/win scenario, if you think about it.

The way you and NSW have been talking, you have absolutely NO confidence whatsoever in his ability to pitch well. So if he sucks it up, it's expected, and won't be heartbreaking. But if he comes out and pitches a good game, you are elated.

Also, I've been meaning to ask. Why do you have a picture of Harry from Harry and the Hendersons as your avatar?

Burnett pitching for you guys tomorrow is almost a win/win scenario, if you think about it.

The way you and NSW have been talking, you have absolutely NO confidence whatsoever in his ability to pitch well. So if he sucks it up, it's expected, and won't be heartbreaking. But if he comes out and pitches a good game, you are elated.

Also, I've been meaning to ask. Why do you have a picture of Harry from Harry and the Hendersons as your avatar?

It will be more infuriating than heartbreaking if he sucks it up as expected. But I hold some hope that Good AJ will show up. It would only be fitting that CC sucks up and AJ does well....

Haha, I never thought this would remind people of Harry and the Hendersons. It's actually a character from a movie I've seen recently (Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives). I thought it was somewhat intriguing as an avatar...

Edit: There you go.

I hope next time Lee pitches at Yankee Stadium he will pitch in the top of the first.

Cliiiiif Lee
Cliiiif Lee
Cliiiif Lee
Cliif Lee

There will be a shutout, Cliff Lee.

Hey, the no-hitter is no-more! Progress!

I really would not normally freak out being down 2 games to 1 with 2 more games left at home, but asshole-o the clown pitches tomorrow and that's just not gonna go well. Not saying that this jim-jam is over or anything, but still.

GAF seems pretty drunk.

80 pitches through 5. Hopefully we they can get him out of this game by the 7th.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom