MLB 2010 Part 4 - October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Before anyone asks -- no, the Yankees shouldn't start CC tomorrow. Down 2-1 and going up against Tommy Hunter isn't exactly an emergency.

Before anyone asks -- no, the Yankees shouldn't start CC tomorrow. Down 2-1 and going up against Tommy Hunter isn't exactly an emergency.

Agreed. Plus, AJ would have to come back for game 5. Girardi is not going to pitch Hughes on short rest.

This game is embarrassing.

I haven't been listening or reading anything...I know they were talking about Lee for Game 7, but could he go in Game 6? Wouldn't you if necessary?

I haven't been listening or reading anything...I know they were talking about Lee for Game 7, but could he go in Game 6? Wouldn't you if necessary?

If he'd thrown 80 or so pitches tonight, maybe, but he threw 120+ pitches.

downloaded a MLB iphone app today to keep abreast of scores. go Rangers

There are dozens of different "American accents."
i'm learning :nerd:
the best tv commentators are the ones who know to shut the fuck up. precious few are capable of this.
:yes: Benaud is a perfect example of this.
If there's one thing we can all agree on as baseball fans, it's that accents have absolutely nothing to do with anything we're talking about.

it did for me :shrug:

Agreed. Plus, AJ would have to come back for game 5. Girardi is not going to pitch Hughes on short rest.

This game is embarrassing.

he should... CC should start tonight. the yankees are spooked by cliff lee the same way the '86 mets were spooked by Mike Scott. they should do everything in their power to avoid Lee in an elimination game 7... including skipping the inept AJ Burnett.

If you don't feel Hughes and Ape Tit will be able to get the job done, then you aren't winning anyways.

I think it is a leap of faith to expect Hughes to be effective on short rest when (i) he wasn't effective in his last game, (ii) he has never played on short rest, and (iii) he has never played as many innings in his career as in this season. He is a fastball pitcher - if his best fastball isn't there, he won't be effective. I think short rest may affect his command and velocity. I prefer to throw AJ in there and hope for the best.

You're preaching to the choir here re. AJ. I would love to avoid going to him in the playoffs, but there simply is no way. And you put him up today because the offense is more likely to score runs off Hunter than CJ Wilson tomorrow.

Anyways, it's a moot point as he is starting. I have to say that it's quite sad that the Yankees season may now rest on AJ's shoulders.

I'm literally going to miss the entirety of Game 3 of the NLCS. 4pm was the absolute worst time for me. I hate Bud Selig.

i see the cubs hired a new manager...

total-recall-quaid.PNG

It looks like Aaron Rowand is getting a rare start this afternoon for the Giants.

This spells trouble for the Phightin Phils.

It's Fightin' Phils, dammit.

It looks like Aaron Rowand is getting a rare start this afternoon for the Giants.

This spells trouble for the Phightin Phils.
He's not really the same player he was a few years ago.

But he'll always be a legend here.

aaron_rowand.jpg

Rowand4.jpg

Also, greatest Ricky Watters reference ever.

Baseball on the radio is phenomenal. Especially as a Phils fan, because our TV announcers are shit and our radio announcers are phenomenal.

I like listening to the Cubs on the radio, but Ron Santo is just awful. I mean, I don't mind, I love the guy, but listening to him try and commentate is kind of the funniest thing ever.

In my nearly 20 years, I've never heard anyone criticize announcers for their American accents. You're the first one.

The only one that really bugs me is the older guy who commentates for the...Brewers I think. But that's not an accent, that's just the sound of his voice.

Well, that's an anti-climactic hiring.

I disagree, and am very excited by the prospect of this.

He's not really the same player he was a few years ago.

But he'll always be a legend here.

He's more of a legend here than he is in Philly, though.

But I don't mean to quibble about that. He's a great guy all around, and can be loved in multiple cities.

I didn't follow him that closely this season, but it looks like he's had the worst year of his career. A shame, and a double shame that he's not getting to play everyday in the playoffs. Hopefully he makes up for it today.

Why the fuck are the games not on the radio today?
And, why the fuck do I not have nacho cheese in the house if I'm going to park my ass in front of the TV?

i'm listening to the game on espnradio

i like schulman and soup

A.J. Burnett, mowin' em down.

Gump and NSW, your elaborate scheme to use the mystical forces of the Interference MLB thread in your favor by constantly talking shit about him and thus reversing his recent performance is...working.

that was totally not fan interference

/just got home from work
//don't have eyeglasses on yet
///can't see a damn thing

Ball was above the wall when it hit the fan, but the fan's arm did extend past the wall. I honestly don't know what the proper call is there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom