MLB 2010 Part 4 - October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More like FAIL Hughes, am i right guys? Right? right.

Birthday party, cheesecake, jellybean, boom! You symbiotic patriotic slam book neck!
Right? Right!

Just checked the score from my phone. wtf

Playing from behind is definitely what you want to do when a trip to the world series is on the line

Hang in there NSW.

It would be nice to actually score some runs in the beginning of the game.

The strike zone today is a mess.

Hallacum.

I'm fine. You can't win every game and you certainly can't be out in front all game every game. Shit happens, and the Rangers are a good team.

The strike zone does seem to be a mess today, both ways.

Would have been nice if Tex/A-Rod could have knocked a run or two in there. Oh well.

Hallacum.

Since David Murphy is tearing the cover off the ball, I'd like to take this opportunity to tell Eric Gagne to have relations with himself.

Oh, Nick. If you're gonna dive, next time try taking off from your left foot.

Props to the rangers for winning their first home playoff game :up:

Hallacum!

And yes, congrats on first home win.

Now maybe this antlers and claw thing can stop?

I'd almost like to see Cliff Lee sign with the Phillies this offseason. Because, holy shit, what a rotation that would be. All they'd really have to do to free up some payroll is dump Ibanez and Blanton elsewhere.

Also, we had Burrell out. Even with the tight strike zone, that was a strike. That strike zone was fucking horseshit.

I feel you. I hate to complain about the umpires (and that is really not the reason why the Yankees lost yesterday), but this is pretty fucked up. According to PitchFX:

Rangers balls called strikes: 15
Rangers strikes called balls: 5

Yankees balls called strikes: 2
Yankees strikes called balls: 4

^ I'm pretty sure SR is talking about Swisher diving for a fly ball in an attempt to make a great catch, not a HBP situation. But I could be wrong, happens left and right. Or I could simply be misunderstanding what "did he just Jeter" refers to, which, again, would take us right back to how often I'm wrong.

Yeah, strike zone was messed up last night but the Yankees would have lost no matter what. I'd prefer not to be down 2-1 with AJ scheduled to take the hill in Game 4, but, with beating Lee...yeah. I wonder if he'd trot CC back out there for Game 4, considering CC didn't run up his pitch count, etc.

I like how PFan would have us believe that he drank himself into oblivion on a Saturday night because the Phillies lost one game of a 7 game series. My guess is that said oblivion would have been reached regardless of the outcome. (Dan, this is a joke and there is no need to actually take it seriously and correct me).

No, I would have reached said oblivion regardless. As I said to my roommate, "I'm either celebrating or drowning my sorrows tonight."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom