MERGED-->All U2 iTunes Digital Box set Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
stargift said:

gorman i'm sorry to bother you,but i'm not very computor savvy. when i click on your stream from the forum what do i do next? it takes me to a shoutcast page. what to i do once i get there, etc.?

In Winamp or iTunes, open the url (instead of opening a file): http://66.54.81.31:8000

Yeah, I purposely set the bitrate to 96Kbps to discourage capturing the stream. I'd rather people actually buy the digital box set. I realize not everyone needs the majority of the included files, but thanks to the ability to legally have the files on 5 computers, this is a great way to introduce your friends to all of U2.

Okay, I am actually going to sleep now ;) 2PM is a good bed time, right? Thanks to U2, I haven't had a normal sleep schedule in weeks!

Native Son is great...so is ABOY but not as good as the album cut IMO.. Xanax And Wine would have worked on a guitar rock album but I actually prefer the finished version, it is more unique...Xanax is still great though.

yeah, could someone please make these into mp3's? i plan on buying the U2 IPod, but not for another month.

To everyone saying that there are more than 10 songs on here that have never been officially released you are correct. There is a large number of recordings that have never been released that put the number of unreleased tracks much higher but to be perfectly honest I don't really want a fifth remix of Ultraviolet. If I had it I'd listen to it once. The same applies to the concerts in a way. Obviously Hasta La Vista Baby wasn't worth a lot to the band when it was originally released to the fans .

I've bought bootlegged concerts before and they're cheaper than what I'd have to pay per track for the tracks I want. Really all I'd like is The Dublin 89 show and the truely unreleased stuff. And if that was an option now I'm paying $30 bucks or so for it.

To say that a sixth teir remix of Even Better Than The Real Thing has the same value as an unreleased verson of the ATYCLB sessions is simply not true.

it's doubly stupid because it's a digital format that will be on p2p networks in an instant. In fact I'm pretty sure there's a place I can go right now that would have the entire collection up for download.

Just found out Itunes wont even work with Windows98.:mad:

I wont be getting a new PC until at least March...

Anyone ever use Soulseek? a P2P ...kinda like kazaa without all the garbage.

That Point Depot show is pretty easy to find...and brilliant. Radio simulcast soundboard quality.

Not really an added value to the hardcore though on this box set...I think I already have like three versions of it (silver CD bootlegs)

"Flower Child" is a great song...very Kinks-esque, 1960s-sounding...going by U2-Guy and others logic this should have been on ATYCLB since its very poppy and commercial.. I loved the "Holy Joe" reference.

Please send me the rare songs and the New Year's Eve show...Thanks!

majid23 (at) gmail.com

Same with that Boston show...
I thought their vault is full of soundboard recordings from their shows...where is soundboard Elevation from NY (post 911)?

I really like most of these unreleased tracks.

In fact I like them more than the album versions. :(

ABOY and Xanax aren't as good as the album versions to me, Native Son runs Vertigo close though.

I am really surprised "Flower Child" was left off ATYCLB, its ideal for that album, and superior to the entire 2nd half of the album at least.

It's not fair for those of us who already have the ENTIRE U2 catalog to have to spend $150 to get 10 songs. Ugggh.

Anyone who has the MP3's, PM me please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom