MERGED-->All U2 iTunes Digital Box set Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love you Gorman - yep I turned off the firewall. Made my day since in Canada none of us get Collectors Edition till Thursday.

just listened to the 30 second previews, does anyone have a link to download the full unreleased tracks yet ? I can't afford to dish out 149.99 for the rare tracks

Re: Re: Re: Not the Band's problem...

jmelrose said:

Ok... not 150 tracks. I came up with 82. More if you aren't a Propaganda subscriber from way back or don't have access to import singles. However, the free-and-clear ones are:

Songs never previously available in a digital format via an offical band release:
Another Day Single (2 songs)
Three EP (3 songs)
11 O'Clock Tick Tock (2 songs)
A Day Without Me (2 Songs)
I Will Follow (2 songs)
An Cat Dubh (Digital Box Set Version)
Into the Heart (Digital Box Set Version)
A Celebration (2 songs)
11 O'Clock Tick Tock (extended version)
Mysterious Ways (Ultimatum Mix)
Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Magic Hour Remix)
- Either this or the club were a cassette single-only version
Even Better Than the Real Thing (Trance Mix)
Lemon (serious def mix)
Lemon (momo beats)
Lemon (Trance Mix)
Discothèque (David Holmes Mix)
Discothèque (DM Deep Instrumental Mix)
Discothèque (DM Deep Beats Mix)
Discothèque (DM Tec Club Mix)
Mofo (Romin Remix)
Mofo (Black hole Dub)
Mofo (House flavour mix)
Even Better THan the Real Thing (Live in Paris)
All I Want Is You (Live in Paris)
Levitate
Love You Like Mad
Smile
Flower Child
Beautiful Ghost / Introduction to Songs of Experience
Xanax and Wine
All Because of You (Alternate Version)
Native Son
Yahweh (Alternate Version)
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (Alternate Version)
Bass Trap (Edited Version)
Night and Day (Twilight Remix)
Numb (Gimme Some More Dignity Mix Edit)
Salomé (Zooromancer Remix Edit)
Live From Boston 1981 (13 songs)
Live frOm the Pt Depot (21 songs)
Early Demos (3 songs)

Which, for my money, is still worth $150. But that's just me. Either way, it's more than the
"only 10" one poster mentioned and 40 mentioned by another.

Ok. thanks I appreciate the effort; however, the point still is that for most people, 82 songs for $150 is a bad deal. They are missing out on sales from alot of people by not allowing individual purchases of all tracks.

For example, someone like me would only want maybe 20 or 25 songs off of your list. I could care less about another 4 dance mixes of Discotheque, but I do like some live/demo tracks. Instead of getting $25 from me, they get zip. Don't understand the logic of that......

Although Native Son has some great riffs in the background that aren't on Vertigo, it sounds very confused. I'm glad it has been rewritten. But, the song is ideal for this kind of rarity.
Yahweh alternate version? BETTER! The bridge is incredible! Why did they shortened that for the album version?

Hey Gorman - will you be doing this again/

I can't get it due to full users - 32....

I would really appreciate it as I can't wait to hear these new songs!

This version of SYCMIOYO sounds weak in comparison to the finished article. When Bono starts singing his heart out the "middle" of the sound seems to drop out as though half the band just stopped playing :huh: :lol:

ps. Gorman, how are the videos coming along? :)

Last edited:
Just keep trying to connect if it's full. It'll be looping all day, so people are bound to disconnect at some point.

And now, I sleep :)

Cutters10C said:
I like Native Son more than Vertigo :reject:

No need to feel a reject, i may agree...not sure yet, but just maybe, on first listen I like it more, but is that because I have been programed by Vertigo, such social questions.

i think i like 'native son' better too. but then, i prefer the raw sound of the *unfinished* tracks to the polished album versions.

loving 'levitate'.

I hope these tracks will end up as B-sides on cd-singles, so we can have LOSSLESS quality and not lossy Itunes!

U2 F*CKIN RULE, folks...just consider: we already have a full 11-track album out in stores today, and look at all the extra tracks that this amazing band has given us in addition:

NEON LIGHTS
ARE YOU GONNA WAIT FOREVER?
MERCY
FAST CARS
FLOWER CHILD (From All That You Can't Leave Behind Sessions)
BEAUTIFUL GHOST (From The Joshua Tree Sessions)
LEVITATE (From All That You Can't Leave Behind Sessions)
LOVE YOU LIKE MAD (From All That You Can't Leave Behind Sessions)
SMILE (From How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb Sessions)

Xanax and Wine (Fast Cars Alternate Version)
Native Son (Vertigo Alternate Version)
All Because of You (Alternate Version)
Yahweh (Alternate Version)
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (Alternate Version)

Usually, we'd have to wait two more years for all this amazing stuff to come out as B-sides - and I bet we'll have even more new & unheard material coming out in the singles ahead (All Because of You, etc.)!!!

This band is the BEST :)

p.s. why none of the following songs on The Complete U2???

YOU CAN’T GIVE AWAY YOUR HEART
FULL METAL JACKET
YESTERDAY AND TOMORROW
HOME (THIS BIRD HAS FLOWN)
CHIBA CITY BLUES
STRANDED
UNTIDY LIFE
SPONGE
SPARKY'S LEFT THE PLANET

ANYONE WITH THE MP3s?!?! if i had the $150 i would probably be shelling it out right now for just the unreleased stuff, but i dont, so PLEASE HELP ME!! :drool:

I'm no so sure about this boxset... a little disappointed if anything. But man, do I want those few ALTYCLB and HTDAAB session tracks...

Danny Boy said:

There is no limit to how many times you can burn each track. You have to create a playlist to burn a CD, and you can burn that playlist 5 times.

However, you can recreate the same playlist as many times as you want, with 5 burns each time.

Alternatively, you can burn once, rerip to WAV or Lossless, and burn forever.

Yep, they want to make it too time consuming for pirates. But not toooo for fans :D.

For all those fans who just want stuff that they don't have. The time tested adage of patience & barter still works in the 21st century even with iTunes & mp3's....oh yeah, let us listen to a few of them first too, I still don't know what the 446 are :eyebrow:

Btw, how long does it take to download via broadband? I started @ 12:29pm & it's 2:31pm = 446 songs + 1 pdf.

Last edited:
Wait a second. I've heard a couple people in this discussion say that the catalogue material in the digital boxset is digitally remastered. Can anyone actually verify this, or is this simply a small "wording" mistake by a few posters? I wasn't under the impression that anything in the set from the back catalogue was remastered.

As someone who's been waiting for remastered CDs of the older material, this caught my attention (though I'm guessing it's not true).

I am really upset that the few songs I don't have or want are "Album Only". I have almost everything else so I don't see the point in paying 100 bucks for them. I'd be willing to donate my coupon to someone if they would give me the tracks I wanted...

No fair...:sad:

Amerizoe said:
Wait a second. I've heard a couple people in this discussion say that the catalogue material in the digital boxset is digitally remastered. Can anyone actually verify this, or is this simply a small "wording" mistake by a few posters? I wasn't under the impression that anything in the set from the back catalogue was remastered.

As someone who's been waiting for remastered CDs of the older material, this caught my attention (though I'm guessing it's not true).

If it was it'd be advertised as such to get those who already own the CDs more interested. They're not remastered unless I missed where its listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom