Manchester City 2 Liverpool 2... I mean part 2 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KUEFC09U2 said:
thats not like you mate, your normally the one saying everyone is entitled to there opinion, so maybe you should let him have his, without saying something like "you need your ears waxing"

I don't care. Saying 40 is a weak closer or worse than Vertigo is a silly opinion. People can have opinions, and my opinion is that some opinions are silly. Because, you know, some of them are.

And I'm really tiring of this Vertigo repetition. It was a fun novelty, but now it's total overkill. So what that they want to play it with the lights? Play I Will Follow with the bloody lights.

Chizip said:

i think everyone can agree vertigo is a rocking closer, and with the lights its amazing

well then just make it the closer and start with a different song

they could just start with ABOY, other people have suggested this...

or they could start with Discotheque :drool:

zwervers2 said:
So they dropped ABOY for Vertigo twice hahahahaha..

so tonight they got 6 reasons to go on tour...jeezzzz....
oh you need to stop moaning, your always looking for an excuse to have a go, every post i have seen of your's has been negative, and no they didnt drop aboy for vertigo, as thats been done everytime on the european leg, so how can you drop something for a song thats already on the setlist?

A big title in the Interference.com main page:
MANCHESTER II GOT CRUMBED

Imagine the big fuckup... Everybody would believe that Crumbs was played.
All I Want Is You was played, true, but that doesn't change the fact Mysterious Ways and All Because of You were deleted. And Still Haven't Found is dull.

I feel bad for the these Euro fans attending these early leg 2 shows so far. Not only did they have to wait this long, but now that they get to go, there is no An Cat Dubh, Gloria, The Ocean, Original of the Species, or Bad to be seen/heard.

40 has not impressed me at all on this tour. Perhaps I just haven't been to the right shows.

But judging by the shows I have been to, its pretty easy to see why U2 would prefer a second Vertigo over 40 as the closer. The crowd just appreciates it more. Simple as that.

Axver said:

I don't care. Saying 40 is a weak closer or worse than Vertigo is a silly opinion. People can have opinions, and my opinion is that some opinions are silly. Because, you know, some of them are.

And I'm really tiring of this Vertigo repetition. It was a fun novelty, but now it's total overkill. So what that they want to play it with the lights? Play I Will Follow with the bloody lights.

I think you should start a thread about it. I think this deserves some discussion.

StlElevation said:

yes we did. it was the last show in the US, they had to go off with vertigo.

No they didn't. They should've gone off with 40. It was the most appropriate song.

Vertigo I was better than Vertigo II that night.

KUEFC09U2 said:

U2 keep getting the same reaction everytime they do it, so why not carry it on? if there guranteed to get such a amazin response

so they should just play the same setlist every night, because, hell, they're guaranteed an amazing response! :|

StlElevation said:

right... i was at all three boston shows as well as both philly, both new jersey and the nyc show.

40 was easily the weakest of the closers. bad left the crowd shitting their pants, vertigo left the crowd stunned/rocking/buzzed, 40 left the crowd wanting more in my opinion.

am i saying its a bad song? no.

its had its hayday, let it rest.

they should alternate with bad and vertigo closing, man, those two completely kicked ass closing.

Ditto. :yes:

cleazer said:
40 has not impressed me at all on this tour. Perhaps I just haven't been to the right shows.

But judging by the shows I have been to, its pretty easy to see why U2 would prefer a second Vertigo over 40 as the closer. The crowd just appreciates it more. Simple as that.

correct.

plus vertigo is a better song :wink:

I was not too convinced about 2 vertigos. But than I was at Boston III and it was absolutley great! So stop moaning! It goes with the flow

"Walk On" is the only song that, IMHO, comes close to matching "40" as a set closer.

Don't get me wrong, love the other songs live, but the last song of the night is not the place for them.

Chizip said:

i think everyone can agree vertigo is a rocking closer, and with the lights its amazing

well then just make it the closer and start with a different song

I don't think a rocking song works as a closer. In fact, I think Vertigo is the worst closer in U2 history.

40, Bad, Love Is Blindness, Walk On, they're all sensational closers. Vertigo's much more suited to the first five songs.

Axver said:

No they didn't. They should've gone off with 40. It was the most appropriate song.

Vertigo I was better than Vertigo II that night.

how was 40 the more 'appropriate' song?

StlElevation said:

right... i was at all three boston shows as well as both philly, both new jersey and the nyc show.

40 was easily the weakest of the closers. bad left the crowd shitting their pants, vertigo left the crowd stunned/rocking/buzzed, 40 left the crowd wanting more in my opinion.

am i saying its a bad song? no.

its had its hayday, let it rest.

they should alternate with bad and vertigo closing, man, those two completely kicked ass closing.

40 had the entire place singing. Bad left everyone stunned and amazed. Vertigo left everyone wanting more. At least, that's how it felt down in the ellipse (except for 40, where I was up in section 307 and could watch the entire place singing along, one of the most amazing moments of my life).

discothequeLP said:

so they should just play the same setlist every night, because, hell, they're guaranteed an amazing response! :|
erm sorry when did i say the same setlist? we were discussing vertigo as a closer

Axver said:

I don't think a rocking song works as a closer. In fact, I think Vertigo is the worst closer in U2 history.

40, Bad, Love Is Blindness, Walk On, they're all sensational closers. Vertigo's much more suited to the first five songs.

I agree...maybe...I don't know... I've never seen Vertigo close, I'm sure it rules. But 40 was just amazing, anyone who says the audience doesn't get into it anymore must not have been at Chicago 1 anyway, we were singing 5-10 minutes after the band left, amazing :drool: and of course Walk On is a brilliant closer.

U2 is really reaching it...
Dropping All Because of You, but playing Vertigo II?

Vertigo
I Will Follow
Electric Co.
Elevation
New Years Day
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
All I Want Is You
City Of Blinding Lights
Mircale Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love & Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
Zoo Station
The Fly
With Or Without You
Yahweh
Vertigo

Well, even with this setlist people are not happy :shrug:

In the words of The Edge: "Oh, here we go again :rolleyes: I'm going to Moe's for a pint."

or in this case, Pleba :wave:

StlElevation said:

how was 40 the more 'appropriate' song?

Because it was the last show of the leg. It's the farewell song, in any case.

Vertigo's more a greeting. Totally doesn't work as a closer. If they really want a rocking number to close, 11 O'clock Tick Tock or Out Of Control would actually work.

djerdap said:
U2 is really reaching it...
Dropping All Because of You, but playing Vertigo II?

while i disagree with dropping all because of you even just for one show even if there was 'curfew' problems, it seems as if they want to make vertigo closing the staple of the tour, so i understand somewhat.

still, all because of you better be played at the remainder of the shows. i think its just an aberration.

KUEFC09U2 said:
erm sorry when did i say the same setlist? we were discussing vertigo as a closer

if they want 'the same response' at each show then they would play the same songs over, and over, and over. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom