Manchester City 2 Liverpool 2... I mean part 2 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no way is 40 the best closer ever.

love is blindness, walk on, bad and vertigo are all better closers than 40.

Vertigo x2 with the big screens is brilliant. Only an IDIOT wouldn't like it.

Yet another GREATEST HITS PARADE, even more so than the other nights......crap.

Believe me, repeating Vertigo is one of the best things they've introduced this tour. I saw it in Brussels and it gave us a real buzz, we went home with the atmosphere and excitement of the whole show.

StlElevation said:
it was classic in the 80s.

its not classic anymore.

Have you, uh, heard it?

40 was performed only once in Boston. I cried only once in Boston. Notice the connection?

And if you have heard it, go get your ears waxed.

discothequeLP said:
40 is the classic u2 closer. with a good audience its amazing
but some people like different closers, vertigo was amazing when it finished the show last night, everyone in my section went nuts, and the effects were unbelivable

sure the odd one or two might go "ohh we had this at the start, thats not good" but U2 keep getting the same reaction everytime they do it, so why not carry it on? if there guranteed to get such a amazin response

So they dropped ABOY for Vertigo twice hahahahaha..

so tonight they got 6 reasons to go on tour...jeezzzz....

Axver said:

I'm surprised, but not sad. ABOY and One were the two least exciting songs out of all that I saw in Boston.

I'm not sad, just shocked. It's not one of my favorites, but I would love to see it live at one of the shows I'm going to (I'm sure I will... they probably wouldn't drop it here because it was a single)

Axver said:

Have you, uh, heard it?

40 was performed only once in Boston. I cried only once in Boston. Notice the connection?

thats not like you mate, your normally the one saying everyone is entitled to there opinion, so maybe you should let him have his, without saying something like "you need your ears waxing"

AtomicBono said:

I'm tempted to agree. It was amazing at Chicago 1...but Bad with 40 snippeted at the end could be even better :drool:

Bad/40 was almost as amazing. Almost.

Saying Vertigo is better than 40 is just plain dumb. I was rather indifferent to its repeat at Boston III. Definitely would've preferred 40 or at least something softer. Not a rocker. They just did Yahweh/Party Girl - we didn't need to go up tempo.

I definitely concur that Love is Blindness and Walk On are superior to 40 as songs and closers.
Axver, you can't say your opinion is a fact.
Sorry, but many people prefer other songs as closers.

KUEFC09U2 said:
but some people like different closers, vertigo was amazing when it finished the show last night, everyone in my section went nuts, and the effects were unbelivable

sure the odd one or two might go "ohh we had this at the start, thats not good" but U2 keep getting the same reaction everytime they do it, so why not carry it on? if there guranteed to get such a amazin response

i think everyone can agree vertigo is a rocking closer, and with the lights its amazing

well then just make it the closer and start with a different song

Axver said:

Have you, uh, heard it?

right... i was at all three boston shows as well as both philly, both new jersey and the nyc show.

40 was easily the weakest of the closers. bad left the crowd shitting their pants, vertigo left the crowd stunned/rocking/buzzed, 40 left the crowd wanting more in my opinion.

am i saying its a bad song? no.

its had its hayday, let it rest.

they should alternate with bad and vertigo closing, man, those two completely kicked ass closing.

Axver said:

Saying Vertigo is better than 40 is just plain dumb. I was rather indifferent to its repeat at Boston III. Definitely would've preferred 40 or at least something softer. Not a rocker. They just did Yahweh/Party Girl - we didn't need to go up tempo.

yes we did. it was the last show in the US, they had to go off with vertigo.

KEVIN051269 said:
Sorry to be boring...But if they dropped ABOY because of the curfew, why not open with it?

this post is so boring im not even going to respond to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom