LP13 - Just Give Us Some F*&king News...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See that's the funny thing. I think Bono is a lot of things:

- Tiresome with the charity talk
- Corny
- Fat

But I don't think he's a dick. From what I've heard, he's known as one of the nicest celebrities around. That's why I always have a problem with when people say he's a dick. I make fun of him as much as anyone, but I truly think the main problem people have is that when celebrities get into charity or activism, it comes across as ingenuine (in some cases it really is).

When you look at the last 15 years, Bono has been in the news probably twice as much for the activism than U2's music which is why he's no longer thought of as "cool" like he was in the late 80's/early 90's (even though he's always been on the corny side). I got into a debate with someone about 10 years younger than I am who is adamant that Bono's only motivation behind the activism is for his own personal gain and wealth but had no facts to back it up. It's like he had been so conditioned by others around him that this has simply become "fact" among his generation or group.

Overall, I think there are definitely reasons to be turned off or exhausted by Bono, but in my experiences, most of the reasons people hate him don't even make sense or are factually incorrect.

I just ignore the U2 haters, as I know many of them (their reasons for hate are none other than Bono because of his charity stuff and activism). None of my friends are into U2 as much as I am, which makes me happy.

People who say Bono is a dick are dicks themselves.

Fact.

Now let's get back to discussing the current state of his hair and belly fat.

Guys, every American loves Garth Brooks, and everyone everywhere loves Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd. If Garth Brooks and Pink Floyd were to release a collaborative triple album of polka songs on Black Friday, every citizen of the US would buy 5 copies.

These are confirmed facts. Do not argue them.

I hate Garth Brooks - and his dead alter ego.

A lot of people hate U2 also because they think of them as being highly over-rated. This makes sense if you only really know of them for their out-put for
The past 10 to 20 years.

i wonder who would win in a pie eating contest: Garth or Bono.

True Story - my better half used to work at McD in Owasso way back when and Garth was a regular customer at their drive through. He was a very nice guy from what im told, but im guessing he likes his Big Macs & Chicken McNuggets so he might give Bono a run for his money with the pie.

See that's the funny thing. I think Bono is a lot of things:

- Tiresome with the charity talk
- Corny
- Fat

But I don't think he's a dick. From what I've heard, he's known as one of the nicest celebrities around. That's why I always have a problem with when people say he's a dick. I make fun of him as much as anyone, but I truly think the main problem people have is that when celebrities get into charity or activism, it comes across as ingenuine (in some cases it really is).

When you look at the last 15 years, Bono has been in the news probably twice as much for the activism than U2's music which is why he's no longer thought of as "cool" like he was in the late 80's/early 90's (even though he's always been on the corny side). I got into a debate with someone about 10 years younger than I am who is adamant that Bono's only motivation behind the activism is for his own personal gain and wealth but had no facts to back it up. It's like he had been so conditioned by others around him that this has simply become "fact" among his generation or group.

Overall, I think there are definitely reasons to be turned off or exhausted by Bono, but in my experiences, most of the reasons people hate him don't even make sense or are factually incorrect.

:up:

Guys, every American loves Garth Brooks, and everyone everywhere loves Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd. If Garth Brooks and Pink Floyd were to release a collaborative triple album of polka songs on Black Friday, every citizen of the US would buy 5 copies.

These are confirmed facts. Do not argue them.

Lets not Rush to judgement on this.

is it really bad that i've never heard of Garth Brooks? :reject:

am i missing out on something?

Can we agree then that U2 has now joined the Pinnacle of the top most powerful and big band club in music history along with The Beatles, Stones, Led Zeppelin and Floyd ?

The Who was already added to the list. I think Queen also belongs up there.

U2 ? Maybe with another massive album a la JT or AB. Otherwise not.

Lebron is going back to Cleveland.

Still no U2...

Last time Lebron played for the Cavs NLOTH was already 1 year old.....

NLOTH Release Date: March 2009
Lebron signs w the Heat: June 2010 ( I was in Miami for a canceled U2 show)
Lebron returns to Cleveland: July 2014
U2's New Album:.....

Really might be time for a new album

Go Spurs Go

It's not necessarily "bad"...it's just not very believable.

i live in the arse-end of the arse-end of nowhere - believe me, it is very believable :D

and my general knowledge is shite

ok, i will google it lol

Troyal Garth Brooks (born February 7, 1962) is an American country music singer and songwriter

ha no wonder i've never heard of him - that shit stays OFF my radar :lol:

you-complete-me.gif

When was The Who officially added to the list? Also, could you provide me the link to that list? I've been searching all over for it but can't find it.

It has now been five years, four months, and 14 days since the release of NLOTH.

In that time, the Beatles released Help!, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Pepper's, Magical Mystery Tour, The White Album, Yellow Submarine, Abbey Road, and Let it Be. And also Yesterday & Today (if you count that) and a bunch of other non-album singles and live albums.

In that same amount of time U2 has released two new songs.

Just sayin'.

It has now been five years, four months, and 14 days since the release of NLOTH.

In that time, the Beatles released Help!, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Pepper's, Magical Mystery Tour, The White Album, Yellow Submarine, Abbey Road, and Let it Be. And also Yesterday & Today (if you count that) and a bunch of other non-album singles and live albums.

In that same amount of time U2 has released two new songs.

Just sayin'.

means diddly squat... their whole career was practically condensed into those few years... can't compare really...

Bands in the 60's tended to record at a faster pace than now. And they spent less time on touring.

Of course they did, and of course the Beatles weren't touring during that period so they had more studio time, but the insane difference between the amounts of material released is mind-boggling.

The fact that the Beatles came out with all that (and to that consistent quality, and evolved so much from Help! to Let it Be) in that time frame is ridiculous. The fact that U2 can't produce more than two songs in all that time as well is also (but not quite equally) ridiculous. That's my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom