LP13 - Just Give Us Some F*&king News...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2 will release this album, tour, pretend to want to release a follow up album, scrap said album, hire a producer, gain 50 pounds, record an album, fire that producer, hire a new producer for "hits," rerecord the album, lose 50 pounds, and release the album before LeBron James announces where he'll play next year.

Assuming that U2 will actually play in Croke Park only in 2016, what they gonna do this year?

One hole year is a bit too much for a arena tour, isn't? It's probably to think they gonna do the promo tour, starts arena in US and Europe, and then what? Maybe they can start the stadium tour in Latin/South America before US and Europe

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Assuming that U2 will actually play in Croke Park only in 2016, what they gonna do this year?

One hole year is a bit too much for a arena tour, isn't? It's probably to think they gonna do the promo tour, starts arena in US and Europe, and then what? Maybe they can start the stadium tour in Latin/South America before US and Europe

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

They could do arenas in Asia and Australia before making the move to stadiums.

U2 will release this album, tour, pretend to want to release a follow up album, scrap said album, hire a producer, gain 50 pounds, record an album, fire that producer, hire a new producer for "hits," rerecord the album, lose 50 pounds, and release the album before LeBron James announces where he'll play next year.

And to think that LeBron made his "first" decision a year and a half after NLOTH came out!

Fellow Interferer pepokiss posted this in March:

My friend that works with the production company that brought Metallica, has contact with Live Nation people

So, to make it simple

U2 will be here in South America at the end of 2015/beggining of 2016
Confirmed by Live Nation Latin America sources.

This gets me thinking that 2015 may see live in arenas in Europe/North America from Spring to Autumn (maybe North America - EU - North America?), then stadiums in South America by the end of 2015, till the early 2016 (a la PopMart/Vertigo), and maybe an outdoor comeback in 2016 for which sketchy details like the Croke Park bit are doing their rounds.

The 360 tour also lasted 2 years and in the end 3 years because of the postponement and Bono's injury. Big tours by major artists usually last more than one year and the scenario of arenas first and stadiums afterwards makes sense. Maybe with another release in between (silly hopes, I know ;)). But for all we know, the Croke Park story is just a rumor. There might be talks, but it's far from being confirmed in any way.

Hasnt bono said that they are starting in arenas before moving into bigger venues.

Didnt he say it to zane lowe on radio one?

Here's the plan:

Oct/Nov 2014: Release New Album
Mar/April-May 2015: NA Arenas
June-Aug 2015: European Stadiums & Arenas
Sept/Oct-Nov 2015: NA Arenas & Stadiums (if demand is there)
Jan/Feb-April 2016: South America/Australia/Japan

I think U2, like the rest of the world is waiting to see what Lebron James does

Here's the plan:

Oct/Nov 2014: Release New Album

Mar/April-May 2015: NA Arenas

June-Aug 2015: European Stadiums & Arenas

Sept/Oct-Nov 2015: NA Arenas & Stadiums (if demand is there)

Jan/Feb-April 2016: South America/Australia/Japan

I think U2, like the rest of the world is waiting to see what Lebron James does

The question is, will LeBron make his decision before July 18th? :wink:

Could it be the plan is to release the album in October, start the tour in early 2015. And end the tour in mid-2016 by ending their career at home in Croke Park with a massive bang?

Food for thought.

(But I hope they have more albums in them.)

Could it be the plan is to release the album in October, start the tour in early 2015. And end the tour in mid-2016 by ending their career at home in Croke Park with a massive bang?

Food for thought.

September 2016 is the 40th anniversary of the band.

"Sing it with me, this is 40".

But really, I imagine they would only retire if the album tanks as a critical/commercial success. And I suppose that's always a possibility.

They will sell out a tour without any new music, so I doubt that enters into it.

Food for thought.

I was thinking the same thing. It would be one hell of a homecoming, full circle if they decide to call it a day.

"And you know it's time to go..."

I hope for more music too, but you never know.

I do think that u2(bono mainly) seem a band that if there not top of the charts,getting loads of radio play, getting played on tv and being a major relevent act that they would call it a day

They seem to care to much about being the top dog hence the reason why they have worked with some of the producers they have and how long this album is taking.

I really dont think all of the above are possible now regardless what they release. There times gone for chart domination and lets face it theve had a fantastic run (from war to atomic bomb)

So Garth Brooks is going to release a new DOUBLE album in time for Black Friday, he says. That's going to be a very big deal in the US. He's absolutely guaranteed a #1 selling album that week. He hasn't toured or released an album since 2001, instead going on hiatus to raise his family. The public has been waiting for this comeback for a long time, as he pretty much said he wasn't going to do anything until his youngest graduated, which she just did.

I know some of you like to pretend U2 don't care about these things, but they really do IF it's somebody they know they can't beat. It seems unlikely they'll release the same week as Garth does. Your typical American Black Friday shopper is going to see a Garth Brooks album and a U2 album, and choose GB. I'm sure some of you fans in the rest of the world don't see why a Country singer is any threat to U2 at all, but U2 has made it very clear that succeeding in AMERICA is very important to them.

For the record, I think it's really stupid that things like that play any part in U2's career at all. They REALLY want the album to go to #1... why it still matters to them at this point I don't really know.

Unfortunately, nearly everything is considered a threat to a U2 album release nowadays. Garth Brooks will dominate Black Friday music sales. Which is why they should release the album in September, October (not expecting much hype from the public for the "new" Pink Floyd album) or 2015.

So Garth Brooks is going to release a new DOUBLE album in time for Black Friday
I know some of you like to pretend U2 don't care about these things, but they really do IF it's somebody they know they can't beat. It seems unlikely they'll release the same week as Garth does.

Coldplay
Pink Floyd
Garth Books

U2 is running out of the hottest release dates. I sure hope REM doesn't decide to get back together.

Ok folks! it's time again to play....

:heart: "Read Too Far into Terry Lawless' Calendar" :heart:

Last time we played, in February, we noticed that Terry had a pretty full schedule playing with bands like The Paisley Brothers and several others, until July 2014 when things mysteriously went silent...

Oh how I speculated! Could Terry be clearing his calendar for a U2 tour?? :love:

Fast forward a couple months. U2's pushes back any album/tour that may have been scheduled, and Terry's calendar has filled right up again. Sadly, it became obvious that Terry would not be touring with U2 in 2014.

...but have things since changed? :hmm:

What says Terry's calendar now? Well yes, it's still packed, however that's only until October 2014, after which, things go quite quiet... his almost weekly gigs with "Burning James and the Funky Flames"? They grind to a halt.. his support with the mighty "Dave Miller Band"? Nada... All that remain are two lowly Paisley Brothers gigs... one for November, and one for a month later... otherwise... November, December and 2015 are dead quiet.

Now in all likelihood, Terry's simply not booked that far ahead.

Could Terry be clearing his calendar deliberately? Could we be looking at the return of U2's 5th member to the [under]stage?

Maybe. We'll see.

:lol: RD reads the "tea leaves" !

since a trip to Delphi was too far away :D

:) and thanks for S4S i couldn't acess the original

it sounds good bit of rhythm funk and Etheric Edge Guitar! Me likes! :applaud:

Unfortunately, nearly everything is considered a threat to a U2 album release nowadays. Garth Brooks will dominate Black Friday music sales. Which is why they should release the album in September, October (not expecting much hype from the public for the "new" Pink Floyd album) or 2015.

It really shouldn't be a problem that Brooks is releasing an album. U2 just have to make sure their album isn't released the same week. There are 7 other weeks in October and November.
If other artists releasing albums causes U2 to delay theirs they'll never release the bloody thing.

I think I would have enjoyed Invisible a lot more if they made it a ballad. It seems too sad of a song to be at that tempo.

oh i dunno....

i like the tempo because it builds up to the defiant "I'm not invisible" .
(and in the rooftop performance" doesn't Bono point to the "camera" )

turning that sadness of being ignored into energy/activism (or single personal effort if it's a more of person to person - 2 people <vs a group>), that eventually (how ever long or shorter a time <in our history> where people/"group" X are finally seen (eventually) as the human beings they always were to the larger group.

tired <down to wire art project> so i hope that made sense! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom