Le Tampon, Réunion Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had ... three phones in my entire life. Got my first one in either late 1997 or early 1998 in the OneTel days. Ian may know what I mean there.

I just get comfortable with what I've got and find upgrading pointless until either 1. what I have breaks or 2. what's new has a rockin' feature that I really badly want.

So what does it do
ummm so far i can tell it's got a gps, e-mail, im, reeeeeally fast web speeds, youtube, ooh and what's cool is you can hold up an item and take a picture of its barcode with your camera, and it can show you how much said item costs various places. so you'll know if you'll pay a better price elsewhere.

i'm sure i will discover more stuff as i use it more. one thing only i will like is i can turn off the auto cap where it won't capitalize stuff. ha. oh and of course a touch screen and full qwerty keyboard.

I've had ... three phones in my entire life. Got my first one in either late 1997 or early 1998 in the OneTel days. Ian may know what I mean there.

I just get comfortable with what I've got and find upgrading pointless until either 1. what I have breaks or 2. what's new has a rockin' feature that I really badly want.
i've had a cell phone since 98 as well. i had pretty much the same type phone the first three years (the generic nokia phones everyone had back then) but since they were so crappy i think i had three or four of them. i was with bellsouth mobility back then, which changed to cingular (which made me leave the company because they sucked). now they're AT&T.

i've been wif t-mobile since 03. i've had three samsungs, blackberry, and now this phone. k, that's five then.

so i've had eight or nine phones in the past ten years. but like i said, with those nokia phones i had if they hadn't sucked so much the number would be less. i'd get the phone replaced with the same kind i had before so it depends whether you want to count multiples separately.

Spies on you for Google/the CIA.
i'll tell you what was neat. i'm sitting in a bar tonight and i open the map feature, and it zoomed in on where i was. i don't know why it was so amazing since, hello, i have a gps. it's not like i've never seen this feature before. i guess because it was my first phone that could do that.

i'll tell you what was neat. i'm sitting in a bar tonight and i open the map feature, and it zoomed in on where i was. i don't know why it was so amazing since, hello, i have a gps. it's not like i've never seen this feature before. i guess because it was my first phone that could do that.

Show it to the Amish and they'd probably freak out.

ummm so far i can tell it's got a gps, e-mail, im, reeeeeally fast web speeds, youtube, ooh and what's cool is you can hold up an item and take a picture of its barcode with your camera, and it can show you how much said item costs various places. so you'll know if you'll pay a better price elsewhere.

i'm sure i will discover more stuff as i use it more. one thing only i will like is i can turn off the auto cap where it won't capitalize stuff. ha. oh and of course a touch screen and full qwerty keyboard.

:wants:

i've had a cell phone since 98 as well. i had pretty much the same type phone the first three years (the generic nokia phones everyone had back then) but since they were so crappy i think i had three or four of them. i was with bellsouth mobility back then, which changed to cingular (which made me leave the company because they sucked). now they're AT&T.

i've been wif t-mobile since 03. i've had three samsungs, blackberry, and now this phone. k, that's five then.

so i've had eight or nine phones in the past ten years. but like i said, with those nokia phones i had if they hadn't sucked so much the number would be less. i'd get the phone replaced with the same kind i had before so it depends whether you want to count multiples separately.

Wow, that's a fair few phones! The one I got from OneTel, I used until about 2002. Then Mum got a new phone and gave me her old one, which I used until 2004. I got the one I have now for Christmas that year. It has served me well, though when people see it nowadays, they tend to make fun of it.

Wow, that's a fair few phones! The one I got from OneTel, I used until about 2002. Then Mum got a new phone and gave me her old one, which I used until 2004. I got the one I have now for Christmas that year. It has served me well, though when people see it nowadays, they tend to make fun of it.
doesn't your phone not even have a camera? :tsk:

My friend got his phone in 2005ish. It was out of date when he got it. It's survived flying across the road when he came off his motorbike, being full of water and other beatings. That's quality.
yeah, at least for the t-mobile phones i've had, they've been durable as well. i know one of the phones i had (which i only replaced because it was really starting to show a lot of wear) i dropped several times, once from a few feet onto concrete. oops.

yeah, at least for the t-mobile phones i've had, they've been durable as well. i know one of the phones i had (which i only replaced because it was really starting to show a lot of wear) i dropped several times, once from a few feet onto concrete. oops.

My last phone took a few drops onto concrete and one beautiful parabolic arc onto a wooden floor. I was aiming to chuck it onto my bed and misthrew.

My last phone took a few drops onto concrete and one beautiful parabolic arc onto a wooden floor. I was aiming to chuck it onto my bed and misthrew.
eek! i've been tempted to throw my blackberry a few times. most recently was tonight on the way to buy my new phone. it was dragging its feet so i kept smacking it onto the car door (the plastic inside obvs) as if it'd fix anything.

My phone has survived a few unfortunate drops onto very hard surfaces. One time I thought it was goneburgers as it had broken into multiple pieces, but they all clipped back together. That was in 2005 and it's still fine!

I ordered the new Starflyer album today. Hopefully I'll get it close to its release date....

eek! i've been tempted to throw my blackberry a few times. most recently was tonight on the way to buy my new phone. it was dragging its feet so i kept smacking it onto the car door (the plastic inside obvs) as if it'd fix anything.

And by chuck, I mean underarm toss just to put it down.

I now carefully put my phone down on the bedside cabinet.

You could have given that blackberry a hiding.

I have a USB cord somewhere with which I can plug my phone into mah computer.

I just email them to myself though.

Mine unfortunately lacks USB. It has bluetooth but I'm fucked if I know how to use that. I can probably e-mail things to myself but I've no idea how to do it, nor the inclination to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom