KROQ has played 'Window in the Skies' -- post the links here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the guitars coming in 2:14 and the "oh oh oh oh"s around 2 minute mark, and the way he says "I rhap-so-dyze". Neat strings, too.

U2Man said:
mike, is it as good as you predicted from the beach clip?
Every bit, every bit.
As soon as I heard the chorus chord progression, I knew this would be a single, out of all the clips.

Instantly memorable. Can't beat Bono's gravelly low voice during the last few lines of the song.

Canadiens1160 said:
You could apply that statement to just about any U2 studio recording post-Bot era :wink:

This one is more busy vocally, with multiple instruments. OOTS was a challenge to play live, and this has even more musical parts. I guess they could always do it acoustically.

U2Man said:

some songs only take a few listens...and you just know that they have the stuff.

Or that they don't. I like it, especially the beatles-style part at the end and Edge's guitar work, but it isn't what it was hyped to be, and even though I didn't expect that, I wouldn't put it in my top 30 or 50 even. I'm listening to it still, and giving it time to sell itself to me, as I had to do with parts of Bomb. But I don't think it's their best work, or even their best recent work.

I thought U2 were with Apple, why are they advertising Microsoft??? pff Irony lol

I so cant wait for the new album if this is supposed to be a taste of things to come. Its songs like these that are going to put U2 over the beatles in the general consensus of top bands.

This honestly makes me wish the single were a huge medium for releasing music again. Hey Jude was never an album track, and although I'm not at all comparing the two songs, when you have an excuse to sit down for a week and pump out something like this, well holy shit man.

ntalwar said:

Nice song, but it seems a bit elaborate to reproduce live.
So I'm not sure if it will ever be played live.

that was said about a majority of the unforgettable fire album... even the title track, but they performed it for 3 tours before retiring it.

Canadiens1160 said:

Instantly memorable. Can't beat Bono's gravelly low voice during the last few lines of the song.
:yes: and the falsetto bits..
I think the Edge guitar bits will be stuck in people's heads aswell, but somehow it reminds me of Streets!
Damn, imagine this live :drool:

I just hope with the piano and falsetto-ish chorus people won't go "Oh that's copying Coldplay" when the song goes out.

Last edited:
Canadiens1160 said:
This honestly makes me wish the single were a huge medium for releasing music again. Hey Jude was never an album track, and although I'm not at all comparing the two songs, when you have an excuse to sit down for a week and pump out something like this, well holy shit man.
So you like the song, hey? Imagine listening to this while gobbling down poutine???? The thought gives me convulsions. And I haven't even heard it yet!

this song has NEXT TOUR ACOUSTIC written all over

specially for this part:

"Please don't ever let me out of here!" :drool:

t8thgr8 said:
I see new U2 has taken over muse's reign on your playlist, canadiens. Muse is the shit, too.
For the moment, muhaha.

I was considering doing the MP3 tag like whoever leaked the Killers album did it

u2 - WinDoW iN tHe SkIes

just to be an ass on last.fm :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom