KROQ has played 'Window in the Skies' -- post the links here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:

No wonder I'm not "getting" this song like everyone else. Now you're comparing it to OOTS. :huh: I say it absolutely kills OOTS, but that's not much of a great feat.

I think all that extra stuff at the beginning keeps throwing me off. :|

Yeah, I like it but I'm not bowled over by it. Maybe a clean version will make me like it better?

this defeats the sweetest thing easily.

at first listen i think it's better than original as well. something uplifting about this song that i can't quite put my finger on.

Another U2 bittersweet love song with "knees".
But at least it's better than some of the other ones.

http://urlcut.com/1cepi

New file host, with streaming.

Zootlesque, are you just fond of repeating everything I say, or are we just sharing a brain today? :wink:

Gee.... my windows media player is obsessed with the repeat forever option...

THANK YOU SO MUCH.
I love te song and i admit i shed a little tear while listening to it... its beautiful all the way...

corianderstem said:
Zootlesque, are you just fond of repeating everything I say, or are we just sharing a brain today? :wink:

Yeah it's amazing. I don't have to speak my mind. You're doing it for me today. :wink:

i'm happy to not see many negative comments about this song.

what a masterpiece :drool:

U2Man said:

what do you think of it, chizip?

im not going to rush to judgement and say its better or worse than anything right now. you need time to give things a proper perspective. but i will say that i am enjoying it, more than i thought i would.

Canadiens1160 said:
I agree, OOTS is fantastic but much too elaborate. This new single gets right to the chorus, and it's orchestrated beautifully.

That said, I think OOTS was robbed for being the last Bomb single, it might have been a bigger hit if released earlier. That chorus and guitar just soars, the single version was over-radiofied I thought.

I think OOTS and Windows shows them getting inspired in recording in Abbey Road. Yet another one with John and Paul in the room, I think.

Last edited:
Chizip said:

im not going to rush to judgement and say its better or worse than anything right now. you need time to give things a proper perspective. but i will say that i am enjoying it, more than i thought i would.

some songs only take a few listens...and you just know that they have the stuff.

I just sent it out to about 200 people. :crack:

But now that this thread is littered with links for it to be downloaded, there's no excuse not to get it straight from here. :angry:
Especially since there's a blind eye being turned for the time being. :whistle:

U2Man said:
i'm happy to not see many negative comments about this song.

what a masterpiece :drool:

Nice song, but it seems a bit elaborate to reproduce live.
So I'm not sure if it will ever be played live.

ntalwar said:

Nice song, but it seems a bit elaborate to reproduce live.
So I'm not sure if it will ever be played live.
You could apply that statement to just about any U2 studio recording post-Bot era :wink:

PlaTheGreat said:
I just sent it out to about 200 people. :crack:

But now that this thread is littered with links for it to be downloaded, there's no excuse not to get it straight from here. :angry:
Especially since there's a blind eye being turned for the time being. :whistle:

well, technically speaking, it's not officially released at the moment :hmm: so it'd definately be a debatable thing!

:drool: I LOVE the repeat function on WMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom