Just fucking leak. For fuck's sake. Part ix.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again I ask,

who the hell makes fake torrents?

I'm pretty sure its UMG or a company that UMG contracts. They are doing this so that when the album actually does leak, more casual fans of U2 will not be able to find the album because there will be so many fakes out there.

Well, the new Dan Deacon album is interesting (the latest release on DidItLeak....waiting for U2 to show up there).......it's kind of like Get On Your Boots in that it has a lot of technically brilliant stuff going on and none of it moving me..... :doh:

Also, check out the flatouttabluous track "Wham City" from another album of his...pop perfection.

I'm pretty sure its UMG or a company that UMG contracts. They are doing this so that when the album actually does leak, more casual fans of U2 will not be able to find the album because there will be so many fakes out there.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Because it will be so difficult to find the one with the most seeds.

I've got a great idea.....The record companies should just put the leaked album in one of 24 suitcases being held by 24 gorgeous models, have someone select a case then.....wait a minute.....this idea sounds familiar

:hmm:

pretty sure someone in the u2 machine would make fake torrents as to steer anyone away from getting the real thing.

Again I ask,

who the hell makes fake torrents?

look up these companies: MediaDefender, Macrovision, MediaSentry, Web Sheriff, etc. They are hired by record companies... And sometimes it's the record companies themselves or random people.

Well, good night fellows.

I feel like Universal is bending me over. In the worst way.
:sad:

I've got a great idea.....The record companies should just put the leaked album in one of 24 suitcases being held by 24 gorgeous models, have someone select a case then.....wait a minute.....this idea sounds familiar

:hmm:

Ha! Did anyone hear ever see Reality Bites Back? The penultimate episode was a parody of the Amazing Race with the last two teams to arrive playing a crapshoot game of Deal Or No Deal.......the chosen model of the two opens up her case to reveal two Barbie dolls holding tinier cases. :applaud:

God damn that show was hilarious. :up:

Well, the new Dan Deacon album is interesting (the latest release on DidItLeak....waiting for U2 to show up there).......it's kind of like Get On Your Boots in that it has a lot of technically brilliant stuff going on and none of it moving me..... :doh:

Also, check out the flatouttabluous track "Wham City" from another album of his...pop perfection.

Dan Deacon > Jesus

Spiderman of the Rings was breathtaking.

I downloaded the second album listed off DidItLeak as well.......From Monument To Masses....killer shoegazy guitar rock with some pre-recorded political/social sound-bytes thrown into the background/foreground......I've never listened to any of their albums before though although I did see them in concert and they were :drool:

If you google "rar zip password removal tool" there are tons of programs that claim to disable/reveal passwords to encrypted rar/zip files. anyone ever try to use them? maybe one of these "fakes" is one person sending it to a select few people who know the password, and just using a publicly searchable forum for delivery?

If you google "rar zip password removal tool" there are tons of programs that claim to disable/reveal passwords to encrypted rar/zip files. anyone ever try to use them? maybe one of these "fakes" is one person sending it to a select few people who know the password, and just using a publicly searchable forum for delivery?

They all just use brute force... meaning they basically try combination after combination until something works. That's great if you know something about the password (how long it is, what character set it is), but if you don't (and we don't), then it will take a long, long time to find the right password.

Trust me, I tried for a bit until I realized there weren't any non-brute-force tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom