July 24, 25, 27- Croke Park Discussion Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any good hints for Europe GA line? This is my first U2 concert over seas to see the band and my first time in GA. I always had seats before. What would be best to get in line?

We need to get this meetup scheduled. Anyone up for an after party on the 25th?

I want to celebrate my birthday with drinks somehow. I'll do some research either tomorrow or Saturday

The last Sat. night I spent in Dublin, I did not go to sleep until 7am on Sunday. There is no way I could do that now, but I am ready to have a good time.

I will PM you with my mobile number as soon as it is activated.

Another mobile question for the local Irish. Does Virigin Mobile provide service in Ireland?

I will need to buy a SIM card as soon as I get there for my mobile.

Laura, if I still have some energy left after the GA lineup and the concert on the 25th I'll definitely come to the after party.

Another mobile question for the local Irish. Does Virigin Mobile provide service in Ireland?

I will need to buy a SIM card as soon as I get there for my mobile.

Can I use a Virgin Mobile Prepaid phone in Ireland? Oh oops, I assume you're from the US... Yeah, I need a local to let me know what's the easiest way for me to get a phone for when I'm in Ireland?

Here is an idea, how about check the weather forecast a week before you leave.

AccuWeather.com - Dublin, IE - Weather Forecast - Local Weather Forecasts

and if you need conversion help with the temps, go here:
Temperature Converter - Fahrenheit and Celsius (Centigrade)

Or you can do as I have, sign up for weather updates from Yahoo weather and have updates sent to your mobile phone. I have AT&T and am all set taking my phone with me this trip just like I did last time.

Can I use a Virgin Mobile Prepaid phone in Ireland? Oh oops, I assume you're from the US... Yeah, I need a local to let me know what's the easiest way for me to get a phone for when I'm in Ireland?

lol no prob. One of my co-workers is loaning me his Virgin Mobile that he uses while he is in the UK. All I need to do is buy a SIM card. I assume I can buy a SIM card from any mobile carrier over there for this phone.

I need to look into seeing if my phone would work. I have International on it, but I don't know if it would work over there

I need to look into seeing if my phone would work. I have International on it, but I don't know if it would work over there

Call your mobile service provider. Quad phones work. Or google the model of your phone on the internet...you will find out if it works internationally. I have a Motorolla KRZR, it's quad band so it works internationally. So does my service. And I call AT&T just before I travel to let them know I'm going to be travelling, and also get the added int'l caller discount for $5 so I get discounted roaming rates. I mainly wanna have my cell on this trip to communicate with people in Dublin I want to connect with, to let my friends know when I'm thru customs at the airport so they pick me up, in case of emergency and to check email messages & weather. Then I will have it at the lay overs in the US whle travelling. That will keep me entertained chatting, on twitter, Fb or email. I've seen re-charging kiosks in the airports now where you can charge your phones and I've got airline Club Room membership where I can charge my phone and iPods there too. So I'm happy with all that.

Call your mobile service provider. Quad phones work. Or google the model of your phone on the internet...you will find out if it works internationally.

Yep, you're right. T-mobile also has some explanation here on which phones will work internationally.

At the bottom of the page they also have a link to rent cell phones that you can use internationally. I might look into that because I have a prepaid plan with Virgin Mobile USA (hate those 2-year contracts!), and I don't think they have a quad-band phone available.

:mad:

Damn Sprint, only phone they have that is int'l (cuz its CDMA/GSM) is the BlackBerry 8830. I of course have the 8330 (CDMA), why do they have to have dedicated network. They PHAIL. So I have to rent a phone from them which I had 2 choices: some crappy nokia or a Razr.. So I choose the Razr.

I have Sprint too. I have the Motorola Product Red phone. I can't afford a blackberry. I don't use my phone that much anyway,so why spend money on something I don't use that much. Hopefully, the peole I'm going with have a phone

well, now I am just looking at the sprint site.. and they are coming out with a new BlackBerry Tour 9630 later this summer that is int'l and local.. Why can't they come out with this stuff when I was looking for a new phone..:sad:

I have Sprint too. I have the Motorola Product Red phone. I can't afford a blackberry. I don't use my phone that much anyway,so why spend money on something I don't use that much. Hopefully, the peole I'm going with have a phone

thats the phone I had before I got this BB back in Feb. It stopped holding a charge and I couldn't take it anymore.. The 8330 Curve is only 49.99 after rebates now with sprint. I paid 99.99 back in Feb..:mad:

I can upgrade my phone, but it still is going to be a ton of money. I can get an Iphone for real cheap because my friends husband works for AT&T, but I have to wait for my contract with Sprint ends next April :crack:

I have Sprint and decided not to rent a phone for international travel because it was too expensive. I decided to do the prepaid phone, so I ordered a Nokia 1661 from T-Mobile last week BUT I found out the phone is locked for 90 days, which means I cannot use it in Ireland. You will need a SIM card if you are using a prepaid phone that is GSM capable from the US. If you get a prepaid phone, make sure it can be unlocked before you leave. The other option will be to buy a prepaid mobile from a vendor in Ireland.

Here is an idea, how about check the weather forecast a week before you leave.

AccuWeather.com - Dublin, IE - Weather Forecast - Local Weather Forecasts

and if you need conversion help with the temps, go here:
Temperature Converter - Fahrenheit and Celsius (Centigrade)

You can't really predict Irish weather any more than a couple of days in advance, not with any accuracy anyway. It's fairly unlikely to be cold at the end of july but it can rain at absolutely any time

The other option will be to buy a prepaid mobile from a vendor in Ireland.

I thought about this as well. Does anyone know how much this runs? Even though I travel quite often, this is the first time I'll need to have a cell phone with me because of all the arrangements that I'm making to meet up with various U2 fans in Dublin...

Barca Pics

My friend just arrived from Barcellona and he has posted on Facebook a number of great pics of the opening night ;-)

Anyone who wishes to view them just follow this link Login | Facebook :applaud:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom