July 16, 17, 2010 - Montreal - Hippodrome - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For people who looked at seats....what number rows were you pulling? Just trying to get an idea of how big the stands are...I pulled row 54 at one point.....

arrghhh. i don't care about GA; I want behind the stage... are those sold out for this presale?

arrghhh. i don't care about GA; I want behind the stage... are those sold out for this presale?

I might have 2 for you then :wave:

I just talked to my brother and it looks like his friend wanted front of stage and I got them for him...

Now I just need to show him what I got and get confirmation of what he wants exactly...

I got behind the stage in a special presale for Season Ticket holders at noonish today...

I got behind the stage in a special presale for Season Ticket holders at noonish today...

what time after the presale started were you able to get them? Did you get them by just selecting the the gree seats?

My priority will be to buy my own in a couple of hours, but if I can't get any then either, then we will talk:)

what time after the presale started were you able to get them? Did you get them by just selecting the the gree seats?

My priority will be to buy my own in a couple of hours, but if I can't get any then either, then we will talk:)

I think they were the first tickets I got, so it might have been 10 minutes after the presale started...

Good luck to you then and if you don't succeed, get back to me :sexywink:

Ok, I just followed the link for the GEG presale and got 4 GAs.

Can someone please explain this whole thing to me? I just came to this thread and saw the link so I thought I'd try (not sure I will be able to go to the show but know maybe people who would like to). How come there is a pre-sale that everyone can have access to like this so easily? Why would anyone wait for the general sale?? I am confused... I hope I didn't get screwed!

It seems like everyone that leaves their email at GEG gets access to the presale, so I guess if it keeps going like that, nobody will get to buy tics throught the presales anymore, presale will become the general public sale :hmm:

Can someone please explain this whole thing to me? I just came to this thread and saw the link so I thought I'd try (not sure I will be able to go to the show but know maybe people who would like to). How come there is a pre-sale that everyone can have access to like this so easily? Why would anyone wait for the general sale?? I am confused... I hope I didn't get screwed!

The Gillett Entertainment Group offers a general pre-sale to its members on all of the concerts and events it promotes. To become a member, all you need to do is register your e-mail and voila! access to pre-sales. Since signing up last week, I received a couple of e-mails for pre-sales to other events.

This has been done for many other shows as well, although perhaps not for GA. There have been all types of university and football presales with public codes. These weren't always the best seats though. Basically, the goal is to sell as many tickets as possible. M2 probably won't sell out in 20 minutes like M1 did.

Got to love the Canadian exchange rate! I just check my credit card transactions and my $141.70 GA purchase ended up being $133.70! Nice!
:up:

I agree - it will sell out. The Giants presales for 2009 had a lot of ok seats available, but it sold out quickly in the general sale.

I still see seats everywhere. I'm thinking this will not be a sold out and maybe not even close

Dont worry, i bet it will sell out under 2 hours when general sale goes on monday... well, maybe a few more hours since its a working day but theres no way in my mind this show wont be sold out.

Dont worry, i bet it will sell out under 2 hours when general sale goes on monday... well, maybe a few more hours since its a working day but theres no way in my mind this show wont be sold out.

I agree. Althought we think right now that everyone knows about the GEG presale, I assure you that NOT everyone knows about it... so when they go on sale next week, sales will go pretty fast...

If we had VIA here I'd take that. Flights from T-Bay to Montreal are around 600 right now. I'm holding out for a seat sale .

Can you fly from Duluth? I have no idea what prices are, but it would give you a couple of more options--Delta and United (I think United is supposed to start Duluth service next Spring).

Both our Toronto weeknight shows were sold out in September. You can definitely count on both Montreal shows being sold out. Especially being weekend shows compared to the Toronto shows on Wednesday and Thursday nights. ;)

If we had VIA here I'd take that. Flights from T-Bay to Montreal are around 600 right now. I'm holding out for a seat sale .

Or you could go to Armstrong and catch the train from there... (kidding! How stupid it is that VIA goes to that little hole in the wall and not a city of 120,000 people?) You're checking WestJet and Porter as well as Air Canada, right?

Air Canada and WestJet have seat sales every other month, and sometimes at ridiculously low fares, at least this year. I flew from Toronto to Edmonton for $99 (one way) in September, for example. Your best bet is to wait until at least January went prices start to drop precipitously.

Can you fly from Duluth? I have no idea what prices are, but it would give you a couple of more options--Delta and United (I think United is supposed to start Duluth service next Spring).

The cost would be in American dollars then and it would probably cost me more with the gas and airport parking.

Or you could go to Armstrong and catch the train from there... (kidding! How stupid it is that VIA goes to that little hole in the wall and not a city of 120,000 people?) You're checking WestJet and Porter as well as Air Canada, right?

I know eh :huh: I wish Thunder Bay had VIA. I took it from Montreal to Quebec City once and I loved it.

Yep I'm checking Westjet, Air Canada, and Porter. No sales yet.

Air Canada and WestJet have seat sales every other month, and sometimes at ridiculously low fares, at least this year. I flew from Toronto to Edmonton for $99 (one way) in September, for example. Your best bet is to wait until at least January went prices start to drop precipitously.

I'm checking everyday :wink: I'll just hold out and wait for a sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom