Interference Random Movie Talk V: The Final Frontier

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was me, and I'm seeing it Sunday when I get back from Florida State.

Do you make these names up as you go, or are you pulling from years of practice?

Okay, that trailer was pretty damned cool.

But I still don't think people who aren't familiar with the story are going to know what it's about after seeing this.

Oh well.

And Billy Crudup's voice is higher (and nerdier) than I pictured Manhattan's being.

No other nits to pick.

Yep, the Muse track was badass.

Laurie and Dan kissing by the mushroom cloud was one of my favorite images of the book and looks absolutely beautiful on-screen.

I figured it was Muse, because it sounded EXACTLY like Radiohead but wasn't.

Also, not sure if I like the washed-out color scheme, especially considering how old school the colors of the comic were. I'm not saying they should have gone all technicolor, but still. Maybe the flashbacks will look different.

Hah, there you go.

I'm thinking the color schemes will change according the time periods as well.

But I still don't think people who aren't familiar with the story are going to know what it's about after seeing this.

I don't really know what the story's about. After watching the trailer, I'd guess: a bunch of superheroes go all revengey after one of their own is attacked, and they may or may not save humanity from nuclear war.

Oh, and Billy Crudup glows in the dark and is naked.

I'll definitely go see it, just to see what all the fuss is about. I dug the Muse song in the trailer, as that's one of my favorite songs by them.

I also didn't realize it's not out until March - was it originally supposed to be sooner, but wasn't there some sort of to-do about the release recently?

Yeah, that's pretty much the story. But it's also told with an alternate timeline to our own. The one character who has any super powers changed the course of history, so the climate is a bit different. But this was also written in the mid 80's, so the Cold War is still portrayed as heading down a dangerous path.

And the release date has been set for a while, I think.

Pretty dope trailer. Muse. Lulz.

But anyway, since when did they hire Batman to do overdubs for all Rorschach's lines?

SWEAR TO MEEEE!
SWEARTOME.jpg

Blah blah Dent blah hope blah blah darkness *inspiration encouraging shit near the end of the movie that really sounds awkward when I sound so out-of-breath*

By the way. Why isn't Laz here jumping all over the fact that they changed the name of the Crimebusters to the Watchmen? Shouldn't that something that commands his picking of knits?

If Laurie's eye mole wasn't on properly half of them would kill their first-born children.

Hurm.

Apparently the Star Trek trailer isn't going to be (properly) released online until Monday night.

Balls to that. I'm happy it's before Quantum... no matter how disappointing it may be.

You guys are on fire.

Crimebusters didn't last too long, remember? Captain Metropolis held this meeting and The Comedian burned all his shit up. I don't think they were operating as a group, but Rorshach and Nite Owl were together. They were all on their own for the most part.

"Watchmen" is really a term covering both monikers (as well as something that raises the "Who watches the watchmen?" question), and I don't mind if Snyder uses this to describe either group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom