Interference Random Movie Talk V: The Final Frontier

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, I just bought that recently and watched it for the first time.

Dudley Moore's sex lair FTW.

That and Burgess Meredith doing kung fu kill me every time.

Aronofsky's 'The Wrestler' has a trailer out.
Looks fucking good.

I really like his films. Does that make me a philistine around here?

I cannot wait to see that, looks fantastic.

Wait until the Father and Son both return.

star-wars-admiral-ackbar-its-a-flap.jpg

star-wars-disappointment-motivation.jpg

star-wars-stormtroopers-marry-me.jpg

:):)

Caught Wall-E at the dollar theater today... still love it.

Hopefully I'll be able to venture out to Winter Park and see Synecdoche. Have you been out to that theater in any of your times in Orlando?

Yes, pretty sure I saw something there.

And I saw Blade Runner: The Final Cut (or whatever the fuck it was called) at that fancy dinner-and-a-movie place.

That Button review is extremely satisfying. I'm sure it will be one of the top tier films this year when all's said and done. Mostly due to the Pittster, who's quickly become one of my favorite screen personalities.

Nice, the Enzian's a rad place.

I hope Button delivers, but it would just be stellar to see Fincher pick up Best Director.

Yeah, I want to see that more than anything else. And I feel that even if something like Revolutionary Road wins Best Picture, they're going to give Fincher his due before giving Mendes a second Oscar.

I agree it would be nice to see Fincher get recognized, especially if this film turns out as well as we all hope it does.

Definitely. For as weak of a crop as '08 has turned out to be, this could be a great year Oscar-wise.

Winslet, Pitt, and DiCaprio all have shots to win their first Acting awards, same with Fincher and Aronofsky for Directing. I think Downey will get a nomination for Tropic Thunder, at least as an acknowledgment for his big comeback this year, but won't have a realistic shot at winning. The fact that the The Dark Knight could get nominated, no matter how you feel about, is flat-out cool; it doesn't matter if it has a shot at winning, but just seeing it up there would be nice.

I thought The Fountain got way too much shit. It wasn't as good as I was hoping, but it was still pretty amazing stuff.

I like The Fountain more than Requiem. Sure, maybe it wasn't done as well, but Requiem always makes me feel sick when watching it.

What's scary is that when I clicked on this thread, I only saw this post on a new page. Without even knowing the context, I knew you were talking about Requiem For a Dream.

*shudder*

My heart is torn. The Rocky Mararthon starts at two, and I've never seen any of those movies (well I have, but I was really young). But that means that it will be on at the same time as the 24 movie :scream:

I might have missed it. If not, it hasn't happened yet. IV's been on for about an hour, with commercials, and I just had to do some stuff around the room and the like, I've been watching Rocky all day.

He's leaving right now, so I think it's about to happen.

"This was supposed to be an exhibition! An exhibition!"

I hate the no-caps-lock rule, btw.

as do I. Ok, the training sequence just happened, and it was amazing. I can't help but chuckle a little at all the propaganda in this movie though. But, ah well, it is really good. I actually have see this one in recent memory though.

The steroid injection shot is also awesome.

Please avoid the shitfest that is Rocky V, if possible. You can see Rocky Balboa without seeing that one.

The steroid injection shot is also awesome.

Please avoid the shitfest that is Rocky V, if possible. You can see Rocky Balboa without seeing that one.

Is Rocky V REALLY that bad? It's on next, and I was thinking of watching it just because I watched the rest of them. But if it's REALLY that bad, I'll just skip it.

Is Rocky V REALLY that bad? It's on next, and I was thinking of watching it just because I watched the rest of them. But if it's REALLY that bad, I'll just skip it.

I guess if it's your first time, you should see it, but don't say I didn't warn you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom