Game of Thrones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, if the television show is heavy-handed, then so is the book. In my opinion, anyone who says different is just showing a bit of elitism on the whole "I've read the books any you haven't? Oh yes, the books are sooooo much better" realm of things. In my opinion, the books are only slightly better insofar as to say that they have just a little bit more depth (as books always do).

Could be, although it didn't come off that way when he was talking about it. He reviews books, film and music professionally and isn't generally snobbish. But, maybe by the time he got around to watching the series on DVD he was over the hype or something.

Thoughts on last night's episode, anyone?

Thoughts on last night's episode, anyone?

Lots of sex. Granted, I know they're setting things up and have a lot of material to cover, but I sorta feel like these first two episodes haven't really gone anywhere yet. I remember kinda feeling that way last season as well, so I'm not worried.

In regards to the books, I'm only in book one still (almost done), but I wouldn't say there's any difference whatsoever so far in regards to "seriousness" between the show and book. A lot more detail and back story, which has been awesome.

Speaking of which, I think that's one of the main reasons I really like Jon Snow. There seems to be quite a significant amount depth covered in the books relating to his character than what's been portrayed so far in the show. That said, I think the actor playing him has done a great job with what he's been given.

Granted, I know they're setting things up and have a lot of material to cover, but I sorta feel like these first two episodes haven't really gone anywhere yet.

I definitely felt that way last night. Not after the first episode because even though things didn't move forward in any dramatic way, I thought it was kind of a perfect season opener.

Tyrion's storyline again stole the show.

Kind of frustrated with the lack of action on the Daenerys front but I guess that's sort of the point.

How are those baby dragons going to grow in that environment?

I thought they would show her feeding them some horse meat.

action on the Daenerys front?
maybe she could nurse them :shrug:

here is a good picture of some of the cast members

tumblr_m1sfmmOCqW1qzoaqio1_1280.jpg

I know they do a lot of filming in Northern Ireland - was the castle in the Iron Islands (?) Dunluce Castle that's on the Antrim coast? Anyone know?

Tis not Dunluce castle, but they used Ballintoy Harbour for filming of the Iron Islands, I think the castle is digital shenanigans though, the area itself is real.

the tourist said:
So how 'bout that Theon and Asha action! Brother and sister!

:yawn: the whole brother/sister thing is so last season... I had actually forgot about that part in the book until it happened. Also was I not paying attention or did they change her name?

Having read the books I will say the one character who is the most different from the source material so far is probably Little Finger imo, he is waaaay darker in the show.

Plus I still don't know how dude went from Baltimore city council to running a bordello. Weird career trajectory.

This last episode lacked in a lot of my favorite characters, and Jon Snow's storyline is soporific at this point and taking up far too much of the time. I get that we're still in the table-setting time of the season, but the first episode managed to do that with energy and excitement. Still some great scenes, Arya/Gendry, Cersei mercilessly ripping into Tyrion (and you could tell his defense broke down by the end of it and he was visibly upset by what she said), etc.

Oh, and thanks Greyjoy family for giving us the opportunity for more incest, something this story was clearly lacking in!

I know they do a lot of filming in Northern Ireland - was the castle in the Iron Islands (?) Dunluce Castle that's on the Antrim coast? Anyone know?

Somewhere I was reading about the matte effects of that shot, so it's not real, the coastline is likely in Northern Ireland, I know that's where they shot the beach scenes in the first episode on Dragonstone Island with Stannis.

Sometimes I have trouble remembering who's who while watching this, and I'm lucky if I can remember their names.

a good episode, but one little nit pick

the last episode had us believing Rob Snow was in deep shit
and then, no big deal? just leave :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom