Forum Mobile Apps for iPhone, iPad and Android Devices!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't know about any of you but the app just started working again for me on my ipad.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Had the same issue, but it's fixed now

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

my 'BROWSE' button has disappeared from my iphone app. Any suggestions on how to get it back? I tried deleting and reinstalling the app but it didn't bring it back.

Something seems to have broken the Android app, have not been able to get on at all through it today. At first it was landing on the blog section and asking me to log in but would not do so even with the the correct login and password, and now it's just coming up a blank page, basically. Using a Motorola X Pure Edition on Android 5.1.1.

Not to piss off the app developer, but if you're having problems, is recommend using the Tapatalk app

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The 'browse' button has now disappeared from the iPad app I have as well. It was there earlier as I compared the 2 when I first posted about it disappearing from my iPhone app.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

"Browse" now appears as "Subforum" on the iPhone app. Thanks for fixing this. :up:

Seems to be working fine now in Android too.

Sent from my Moto X Pure Edition using U2 Interference mobile app

How did you guys get it working again? Where is subforum?

I don't mind the new look, but...

- you have to scroll to get to the timeline tab (the only one I use)
- tweets and links still don't embed
- there's now ads on every page even if you're a paid subscriber
- you have to swipe harder/further to scroll through pages
- huge pics breaking up the page

Hopefully an update will fix all this very soon.

i have a few issues with the android version.

first is that it does not ever stay logged in for me. i have to log in every single time i open the app now if i want to post anything. this also means that whenever i open the app, i have to go through the log in process if i want to go to any subscribed items, or open my last unread in any thread or forum, etc. i used to be able to stay logged in all the time (only occasionally having to log in again). very annoying.

secondly is that the forum view sucks now. i have no idea where the idea that you should show a huge version of the last photo posted in the thread for every single thread, but it's almost impossible to figure out what's going on. this could also cause issues if someone posts a photo that might be nsfw, or behind a spoiler tag, because they still show up in forum view even if they're hidden in the thread itself. please just get rid of the photos and have the list of threads.

and *still* no support for tweet embedding in the app - it's obviously in the forum code, which can be read by the app. programming such a feature in to read tweets is now very basic. it seems silly that this still isn't a thing in the app.

lastly, and much more of a problem, is that when you scroll to the bottom of a page quickly to change pages, right when you get to the bottom an ad pops into the space where the page arrows are and shifts the arrows down off the screen. several times i've clicked on an ad just because it pops right into that spot just after you see the arrows about a quarter-second later, just long enough for someone to try to click the arrows but end up getting an ad instead.

it's a very underhanded way to try to get people to click on advertisements. it's especially bad if paid subscribers, who have paid to get the ads removed, are subjected to them in the app. you're removing part of the value of what your subscribers paid you for. if you need to use the kind of pop-in tricks sketchy european sports streaming websites use to get people to click on your ads, maybe consider finding another ad provider that will give you ads your readers are actually interested in clicking on? i dunno.

anyways overall i like the new look (other than forum view) but in most other aspects i would say this update is disappointing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom