For Cat Lovers Only XVI - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't even bring myself to watch or read it, but I have no problem agreeing with you guys. Blerg.

Phoebe is doing a weird thing with her ears, it's like they're bothering her. She was doing it before I took her to the vet last time, and he didn't see anything in there. But it's like she doesn't like them to be touched anymore, and I can't even scratch the top of her head without her doing it.

She'll shake her head, and is scratching them more often than she used to, and sometimes her ears will be "cock-eyed," like one's flattened against her head. Then she shakes them like she's setting them back in place.

I don't think it's fleas, as she's getting monthly treatments for that, and the vet didn't see anything wrong when I took her in about a month ago. Any ideas?

She's otherwise fine, no issues or changes.

I can't even bring myself to watch or read it, but I have no problem agreeing with you guys. Blerg.

Phoebe is doing a weird thing with her ears, it's like they're bothering her. She was doing it before I took her to the vet last time, and he didn't see anything in there. But it's like she doesn't like them to be touched anymore, and I can't even scratch the top of her head without her doing it.

She'll shake her head, and is scratching them more often than she used to, and sometimes her ears will be "cock-eyed," like one's flattened against her head. Then she shakes them like she's setting them back in place.

I don't think it's fleas, as she's getting monthly treatments for that, and the vet didn't see anything wrong when I took her in about a month ago. Any ideas?

maybe a minor ear infection :huh: ? it could be minor enough that the cat doesn't exhibit any physical symptoms but, it could still be bugging the hell out of her.

That's weird. The first thing I'd say is mites, but you said the vet checked her out.

Yeah, that's what I first thought, too! I'll see if she'll let me peek in there and see if I can see anything that might look like mites.

Don't know about darker colors shedding more or not. As far as catnip goes, we give ours the nip about once a week. I've read, though, that they can't overdose on it because they have an automatic "shut off valve."

Chillin with Patches. I call her Pattycakes. :cute:

pattypawlap.jpg

Sounds like ear mites to me. Miep's had those for YEARS, nothing seemed to work. Had to put drops in her ear(oh the joy, restraining her with a towel while the other holds the head and drops them in) or ointment but it always came back. Few years ago they had new treatment, put her under and clean the ears with high pressure water or something like that. It actually worked, she's been mite free ever since!

So I'd say definitely go to the vet to have it checked out!

Late reply on the question about catnip :reject:

I don't think you can harm cats with too much catnip.

We have a lady on our street who just grows catnip in her yard and her own cats as well as other cats wandering the neighborhood just stop by her yard and munch away on the catnip and go on their merry way. Of course this is fresh catnip not the dried out sprinkly kind.

Mousya - it's the most common name for cats in Russia. The cat we left behind in Russia when we moved was also called Mousya, she and Mousya II even look alike :)

I was wondering, what's the most common name for cats in USA?

Top 10 Male Pet Names

1. MAX
2. BUDDY
3. JAKE
4. ROCKY
5. BAILEY
6. BUSTER
7. CODY
8. CHARLIE
9. BEAR
10. JACK

Top 10 Female Pet Names

1. MOLLY
2. MAGGIE
3. DAISY
4. LUCY
5. SADIE
6. GINGER
7. CHLOE
8. BAILEY
9. SOPHIE
10.ZOE

:hmm:

Found this, too (no Fergus or Callie :D):

Cat Names

MALE
1 MAX
2 TIGGER
3 TIGER
4 SMOKEY
5 OLIVER
6 BUDDY
7 CHARLIE
8 SIMBA
9 SAMMY
10 OSCAR

FEMALE
1 CHLOE
2 LUCY
3 MOLLY
4 BELLA
5 SOPHIE
6 PRINCESS
7 CLEO
8 ANGEL
9 SAMMY LILY
10 OSCAR MAGGIE

Had to post this somewhere people would get it...

I'm a bit notorious for being a crazy cat lady in training, to the point where they keep randomly turning up at my house. A tiny little guy just showed up at my back door at 5am, and when I opened the door to see what was up, he ran straight in. He's just a kitten, maybe 4 or 5 months old, wearing a leopard print collar like a little wildman. So, let's review:

*He is tiny.
*He is super-vocal.
*He is very, very affectionate.
*He has a very streamlined face.
*He is an adorable little wildman.

So, of course, I am calling him BonoCat of O'Connel Street Mewson.

I posted about it on FB, but none of my friends are U2 fans and it seemed like such a waste for nobody to get the name.

Gotta try to find out who he belongs to later, but right now I'm enjoying him curled up in my lap purring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom