For Cat Lovers Only XIV - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just saw this and i HAD to post it:

22lb cat Socrates is signed up to the PDSA's Pet Fit Club | Mail Online

article-1215425-0687A77E000005DC-737_634x937.jpg

-dan

:crack: woah, that's MAD. How can people overfeed their cats that much? It's a form of animal abuse IMO.

Hi :wave:
Anyone got any advice for these kitty symptoms: goey poop about the consistancy of toothpaste twice a day (almost diarrhea-like), with a green twinge (mucus?). Has been going on for the past few days. Also some minor puking, and the tinyest drop of blood in his poop on two occasions. Cat is otherwise healthy, alert and normal self. Any idea what this could be? He's a 9 yr old indoor sole cat. I switched his dry food about a month ago, mixing it gradually with the previous dry food (same manufacturer, different recipe) so this couldn't be the cause. He's always had dry food and fresh water. I've stopped feeding him dry food now and have put him on cooked rice mixed with a little Whiskas wet food, which he loves and keeps nagging for more, so nothing wrong with his appetite. This stopped the soft poop for 2 days, but his next poop was a big goey one, as described above. And now I'm getting a bit worried, because he's never been like this before. Can't think of anything dangerous/toxic he may have ingested except he likes munching on a couple of my potplants ("dracaene marginata" and "areca palme chrysalidocarpus") which I dont think are toxic and which he doesn't have free access to. And he's recently started licking my plastic balcony chairs(!) He also likes licking my hands after I've put on handcream - I have to push him away. Wierd.... Anyone else had similar experiences??? Any advice?? I don't want to drag him fighting & kicking to the vet 'cos that's literally a life or death battle with him, poor thing.

I think the best you can do is to take the kitty to the vet as soon as possible. I ended up with a dead kitty after I listened to some crazy advice that my cat's condition was perfectly normal and just a small digestive problem (and he hated my vet. He (vet) said this was the worst cat he had ever seen. :D My cat got a 'violent' remark on his chart the first time I took him there. :D And he was a cute little kitty usually, he just hated the vet's place). Go and visit the vet, please. :)

Thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear about your cat :sad: What did he die of?

My cat's vet journal is marked "aggressive". We only go there for vaccinations. It takes 2 vets in full combat gear and a reinforced throw-blanket to jump him and give him his shots before he claws them to shreds. (I clip his claws regularly.) He's all cudley cute and butter-wont-melt-in-my-mouth at home, but totally psycho at the vet. The smells of other animals must be really overwhelming for him...

I took him to a cat show once when he was young - bad move. He eye-balled and spat at the judge!

Oh no, I've just done some quick research on the web - the dracaena marginata is toxic to cats and dogs!!! I've had it for 18 months and my cat has been nibbling on it! Didn't think Ikea would sell toxic plants?! :doh:

Sicy, not sure if vets are mobile here for anything smaller than sheep & goats. But will check it out. Thanks

Why would my cat like licking plastic chairs??

Ingestion of toxic plants can cause permanent damage to the kidneys and liver. I would remove all plants from the house. Normally the cat needs to be flushed with a carbon charcoal solution from the vet to kill the poison. But I think the cat would be showing signs of lethargy and lack of interest in food if it were that. It could be other things too. Diarrhea accompanied with vomiting can usually mean something serious. Where do you live? You could probably find a mobile vet but if it continues you will need to take him in asap.

That plant is so going to the compost bin!!
In the meantime, cat and his bowel movements are being closely monitored by me. He's just too perky and active to be sick. I've been palping his tummy and he's not shown any sign of pain or discomfort there... Have searched the net but can't find anything specific matching the symptoms... If the soft poop doesn't clear in the next day or two then I'm calling the vet

He did an almost normal, firm poop this morning, yay!! :hyper:
But he's still under close surveillance

Can hardly believe I've become so interested in cat poop these past days, hehe

Oh no, I've just done some quick research on the web - the dracaena marginata is toxic to cats and dogs!!! I've had it for 18 months and my cat has been nibbling on it! Didn't think Ikea would sell toxic plants?! :doh:

Sicy, not sure if vets are mobile here for anything smaller than sheep & goats. But will check it out. Thanks

Why would my cat like licking plastic chairs??

Good luck to your kitty!:hug:

About licking plastic, my cat does the same thing not just chairs anything plastic, it's a behavior issue from what I was told, it can be anything from they are bored, like the texture, or want attention or they are just plan weird like mine. I wouldn't worry to much about it unless it beceoms so excessive it becomes a major problem with you and the cat or there is stuff on the chairs that can hurt him, if it brothers you so much ask your vet. But I'm confident it's just a behavioral issue.

My cat tends to like to get up in the morning meow like crazy and run like a bat out of hell for like 3mins and it goes on and and when he stopps he makes this weird meow/purr thing which my Dad calls machine gun and then he darts off, and his eyes are 3 times the size of his head when he does. It's amusing, but can get annoying cause he sometimes runs into you, tripping you up and all. I wonder why he does this? Any one else's cat do this? I think it's just a behavioral thing with him,but who knows, but it is kindof entertaining at times.:lol:

Haha yeah my cats do that too. I call it 'the crazies'.

Saki gets the crazies after he uses the litterbox. :lmao:

Abby, the white cat, went out and rolled around on the verandah and carport roof this morning and has now picked up lots of the orange dust which covered Sydney. She looks awful :lol:

Awwww!:cute::lol:

Tango is playing peek a boo with me he comes to my bedroom door opens it just a crack peeks in and when I come top open he runs like a bat out of heck then creeps up again and runs off once again!:lol: Gott love our kitties!

:cute: Do any of your kitties play hide and seek? Sometimes Sophie will follow me around like crazy, so I run quickly into another room and hide behind a chair/bed/anything and she runs (and I mean RUNS) a few seconds behind me. When she 'finds' me, she meows and wants to me do it again :giggle:

:cute: Do any of your kitties play hide and seek? Sometimes Sophie will follow me around like crazy, so I run quickly into another room and hide behind a chair/bed/anything and she runs (and I mean RUNS) a few seconds behind me. When she 'finds' me, she meows and wants to me do it again :giggle:
Haha Tango just recently started and also he'll go down to the basement where he knows he is not aloud too, and when he sees me he pauses for a bet and then I go " I'm gonna get you!" and he runs like a bat out of heck than stopps at the stairsto look if i'm going after him and when he sees me again runs off. :giggle:

I've had him for 7 months now, he's a trip for sure and my joy.:D

YES. Zoey will play this game with me. And as she runs at me and 'finds' me she makes that 'pbrrrrr!!' noise :cute:

Sicy luv, I cant remember, how old is Saki now? shes the oldest, right? :hug:

Zoey is 7 and Saki is 6. I cant believe they're that old already. :slant:

I've recently adopted a kitteh!! :happy:

He's been wandering around my place for quite a while...and he never seems to go home. So I'm feeding him and taking care of him. Since my mum is allergic, I can't bring him inside...poor thing is freezing! :(

I named him Camelo :)

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

Ooh I wish the second pic wasn't blurry!! :heart:

Beautiful cat. :love: Is he fixed? That might tell you if he has an owner or not.

Throw some fleece blankets out there, they love them and it will help keep him warm.

Aww he's beautiful! My neighbor had a stray cat last year with the same pattern, they named him tiger, he was very sick for awhile and now a year later he has a big thick coat protects all the other neighborhood cats and erything. She has a heated blanket for him at night she puts in a kennel and sleeps there until he wants to leave.

Beautiful cat. :love: Is he fixed? That might tell you if he has an owner or not.

Throw some fleece blankets out there, they love them and it will help keep him warm.

What do you mean by fixed? :lol:

Yeah I was thinking of that...but the snow is coming soon and little blankets wont help. I'll BEG my parents to let me bring him into the garage :)

My dad doesn't even know I'm feeding him. My mom and I are sneeking food outside :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom