eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes ,they didn't put all tickets in every block on sale ,but most of them were available ,I'd say 90% of the venue when I checked yesterday motrning.
It depends on the venue ,different venues allocate different amounts to the presales.
I find Eventim good in that they let you see whats available and they allocate a large percentage .

The O2 are notorious for this ,they always hold back tickets and release them a few weeks ahead of the event.
Thats why there are so many speculative ticket listings for that venue on resale sites ,the touts know they will pick them up closer to the event.
You will almost always pick up tickets for a gig there the week of the gig on Axs .
Unless things are different in Europe, it's the promoter that makes that decision, not the venue.

eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

2 standing sorted for the o2 with the album pre sale code :) part 1 of 3 done :) try for Manchester with the o2 pre sale/ live nation pre sale or general sale then Belfast with u2.com

stuck doing 500 captchas after my GA ticket vanished!! :doh:

Last edited:
Got 2 X GA for Manchester no problem with retail code. Copenhagen not offering any tickets full stop !. Do they have a different on sale time ??.

Yeah different day I think.

Cheers Ren I'll bear that in mind on Friday. :up:

Also, 200 quid for a nosebleed seat?! Piss off..wasn't it 160 for the first tier seats in 2015??

Last edited:
Super smooth process today for Portugal.
Some codes got blocked following problems with a portuguese payment system but blueticket unblocked the affected codes. All the people I know got their tickets quite easily.

i forgot about the presale this morning, so got in late and no standing tix left for Paris- decent seats were really expensive, and decided against it in the end... maybe will try for standing if i can get into the general sale on Friday, but it's difficult to plan so far ahead as there's a strong possibility i will be out of the country at the end of the summer anyway - complicated timing

oh, there's still standing left for the second night tho, god this is difficult... decisions decisions... guess i could sell them if i had to...

Last edited:
Yeah different day I think.

Cheers Ren I'll bear that in mind on Friday. :up:

Also, 200 quid for a nosebleed seat?! Piss off..wasn't it 160 for the first tier seats in 2015??

prices seem astronomical to me... paid 20 quid equivalent back in the day for standing at Bercy - ok so that was for Achtung Baby haha but i swear wages/inflation haven't gone up that much since then...

prices seem astronomical to me... paid 20 quid equivalent back in the day for standing at Bercy - ok so that was for Achtung Baby haha but i swear wages/inflation haven't gone up that much since then...

Yeah seems as Twick was £190ish for seats on the JT & thats a Stadium as we all know .
My m8s have said postage for UK from Denamrk is cheap e tixs or 2 different prices works out about £4/6

Amsterdam retail code presale went dramatically as expected. Waited in queue for over an hour, despite logging in well before the start of the presale, naturally to find GA completely sold out. So unless someone's payment doesn't come through and tickets become available again, i'll have to submit myself to the horrors of general on-sale.

Of course, tickets for the very same concert have already become available on Marktplaats (Dutch eBay / Craiglist equivalent) for as much as €900. Don't you just love these programs for ensuring that tickets fall into the hands of real fans?

got standing tix for Paris 2 ha

hopefully will be able to sell them if i can't be there...

Managed to nab a GA in the O2 presale this morning...there are a tonne of seats available...both for this O2 presale and the Retail resale....I seriously hope this doesn't impact the possibility of a second Manchester date.

The pricing is shocking - especially given how comparatively cheaper the GA tickets are...

Managed to nab a GA in the O2 presale this morning...there are a tonne of seats available...both for this O2 presale and the Retail resale....I seriously hope this doesn't impact the possibility of a second Manchester date.

The pricing is shocking - especially given how comparatively cheaper the GA tickets are...

Didn't get any ga for Manchester, still seats available in pre sale. Live nation pre sale tomorrow then general sale.

£207 to sit in the top corner of the men arena, that's ridiculous. Anybody that's been to that arena will know how high those top tiers are and sitting in the corner. They won't be sold at that price.

20k seater arena and £207 to sit on the top tier corner [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

Got 2 x seated tixs today £111 each yeah upper tier but right in front of screen im NOT paying £207 + fees im not sure if there be 2 x Manchester shows unless they do the night before (Thursday) as its booked by someone else for the Sunday night Friday is ideal for me no work nx day
Londons free for wks after there 1st show its defo adding extra nights ive done 02 in 2015 i like too try somewhere different each time.

there no in between either £111 or £207 it will sell out no doubt anyway

The crew will be well versed in tearing the stage down - if the concert finishes at 11pm, I think load out will be done by 3am...I still think they'll play the Saturday....

So I work in an arena that has two shows. The band has the venue booked the day before the first concert for load in. It's rather pricey to reserve an arena for a day without actually selling a single ticket, so clearly it's a necessity.

Load out appears to be pretty quick.

So when trying to predict added shows, it's not the load out that you have to take into account, but rather the load in. So if they're playing a gig on a Sunday, the crew needs the Saturday to set the stage up.

Could be they have two traveling stages and it doesn't matter... but baring that, I can't see them breaking the stage down in one city and moving it to another for a show the next day.

Could be they have two traveling stages and it doesn't matter... but baring that, I can't see them breaking the stage down in one city and moving it to another for a show the next day.

U2 Elevation Tour 2001

I saw them in Pittsburgh on May 6, 2001 in the Melon Arena.

I saw them the next day in Columbus Ohio on May 7, 2001 at the Nationwide Arena.

Provided they used the same stage in both cities, it certainly is possible.

Check out this crazy scheduling from the Unforgettable Fire Tour, U2's first arena tour in the United States:

20 April 1985 Hartford Hartford Civic Center
22 April 1985 Philadelphia Spectrum
23 April 1985 Hartford Hartford Civic Center
24 April 1985 Philadelphia Spectrum

Back
Top Bottom