eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone have any inkling on what extra shows London might get - and if they will drop tomorrow? I'm hoping for. pair go GA's for Saturday 27th? or maybe Friday 26th?

Anyone have any inkling on what extra shows London might get - and if they will drop tomorrow? I'm hoping for. pair go GA's for Saturday 27th? or maybe Friday 26th?

Definitely get 1 more at least I reckon. 4 max I'd say, for some reason I've got a feeling they will announce 1 extra date in London and Manchester and that's it

U2 Elevation Tour 2001

I saw them in Pittsburgh on May 6, 2001 in the Melon Arena.

I saw them the next day in Columbus Ohio on May 7, 2001 at the Nationwide Arena.

Provided they used the same stage in both cities, it certainly is possible.

Check out this crazy scheduling from the Unforgettable Fire Tour, U2's first arena tour in the United States:

20 April 1985HartfordHartford Civic Center
22 April 1985PhiladelphiaSpectrum
23 April 1985HartfordHartford Civic Center
24 April 1985PhiladelphiaSpectrum
The current staging set up is just a wee bit more complicated than Elevation or Unforgettable Fire... I'm fairly certain there wasn't a 90 ton moving screen hanging from the ceiling on those tours.

Definitely get 1 more at least I reckon. 4 max I'd say, for some reason I've got a feeling they will announce 1 extra date in London and Manchester and that's it

https://www.theo2.co.uk/events/venue/the-o2-arena/48

Well its free for wks after there 1st show its defo getting extra dates with all these pre sales id say both venues have been hit hard BUT they always keep tixs back.

Im thinking Manchester gets a Thur night & London gets 2/3 extra shows..!!!

LN pre sale just throwing up £207 seats for me im actually happy with the tixs i got yest now

Last edited:

Yeah only seats in the livenation pre sale. Isn't even an option to get standing tickets

Fingers crossed I get two GA's for Manchester tomorrow

Click on Collecter tix option mate it throws up loooooads more tix option..!!!!!
I got seated tixs yest for £111 it showing the same block today £207..!!!!

Last edited:
Click on Collecter tix option mate it throws up loooooads more tix option..!!!!!
I got seated tixs yest for £111 it showing the same block today £207..!!!!

I can see the other option price bracket wise but from what I can see there still seats. I'm using the mobile version though so maybe the desktop is different

LN have just added an interactive map & more seats are now on display yeah i know its £££££ seats but may help someone

The current staging set up is just a wee bit more complicated than Elevation or Unforgettable Fire... I'm fairly certain there wasn't a 90 ton moving screen hanging from the ceiling on those tours.

Not to mention that U2 were willing to do more rigorous tour schedules then than they are now.

Their standard now is two nights on, two nights off. When they have only one night on, they are occasionally willing to have just one night off before the next show (see: start of the forthcoming tour). But in general, work on the 2 on/2 off assumption.

U2 Elevation Tour 2001

I saw them the next day in Columbus Ohio on May 7, 2001 at the Nationwide Arena.

Check out this crazy scheduling from the Unforgettable Fire Tour, U2's first arena tour in the United States:

20 April 1985 Hartford Hartford Civic Center
22 April 1985 Philadelphia Spectrum
23 April 1985 Hartford Hartford Civic Center
24 April 1985 Philadelphia Spectrum

Yeah, especially the UF tour. I was at those 2 Hartford shows.
It was a basic stage, no screens of any kind, Larry's drum kit was the most complicated thing on that stage.

U2 Elevation Tour 2001

20 April 1985HartfordHartford Civic Center

22 April 1985PhiladelphiaSpectrum

23 April 1985HartfordHartford Civic Center

24 April 1985PhiladelphiaSpectrum

This may have come up before between us, but I was also at that Columbus show in 2001! My favorite U2 show to this day, I really wish they'd come back to my city again!

But anyway, I'm pretty sure I remember that they had 2 stages leapfrogging each other on Elevation, not sure about other tours. I do know that there were 3 claws on 360, though only 2 were taken to Australia and South America. Also, Popmart had 3 stages but I believe only 1 screen.

Another thing I remember is that in 2015, they had to reschedule one of the Stockholm shows, meaning there was only 1 day between Stockholm 4 and Berlin 1. Somehow they made that work, because I'm pretty sure IE only had 1 stage.

No luck with Manchester, sold out really quick, hoping for more dates now. Handful of expensive tickets left for the o2 aswell so will get more dates there

Spain & Holland have added extra date tixs on gen sale 2/2

Try MEN Arena direct & 02 main sites they got £111 & £100 tixs MEN & 02

Spain & Holland have added extra date tixs on gen sale 2/2

Try MEN Arena direct & 02 main sites they got £111 & £100 tixs MEN & 02

Just single tickets now according to eventim. Kept screaming at the computer "I'm not a robot " [emoji23][emoji23]

So...any additional dates wont go on sale today...so perhaps they can squeeze more cash out of their fanbase in the form of memberships to access presales....honestly, it stinks.

So...any additional dates wont go on sale today...so perhaps they can squeeze more cash out of their fanbase in the form of memberships to access presages....honestly, it stinks.

It's been like that for the past few tours

There has been too many pre sales which hasnt helped us im lucky too have 2 seated tixs in a decent place right in front of screen for MEN paid £111 each im so greatfull i have these now.

If Spain & Holland are showing the exrtra dates just bloody drop these extra UK dates

Paris just added a 3rd show..!!! Wed 12th such a cheap place too fly too CDG worth a visit if uve not been

Last edited:
As expected the europe leg is already pretty much sold out on the dates that went on sale today. :lol:

But the US dates seems to have loads of tickets left.

TM now have the map up for MEN its all seats but seats in few sections just looked

1057am

Just a handfull of the £207 tickets left isn't there, same on the axs map for the o2 aswell. Can't pull a pair up at any price. Definitely should get more dates.

I've got 2 for London ga so I'm just being greedy

Cologne, Berlin and Hamburg with extra dates now. Still no Manchester and London

Couldn't get any standing tickets for Manchester, they seemed to have gone buy 09:02:angry:
It breaks my heart to see those supposed legal ticket agencies selling them for ridiculous prices, I'm just hoping that they add an extra date although what chance will I have then?

As expected the europe leg is already pretty much sold out on the dates that went on sale today. :lol:

But the US dates seems to have loads of tickets left.

They have saturated the US ,whilst undertoured Europe.
There is more wealth in Europe now than in the US .
As I said weeks ago ,they made a stupid mistake playing the US before Europe on the 2018 tour .
They should have played Europe then gone to the US.

Had a quick look at the resale sites and the price of tickets for the European gigs is nuts ,very few tickets on there too.
Touts either couldnt get tickets or gave it a miss.

Last edited:
Berlin 1st Sep
Cologne 5th Sep
Paris 12th Sep
Lisbon 17th Sep
Madrid 21st Sep
Hamburg 4th Oct
Amsterdam 8th Oct

All gen sales start 2/2

Dont know what they was expecting too happen if they could sell out Stadiums on JT in EU then drop just a few 20,000 cap Arena shows TBH & just dropping 1 London show is a joke...!!!! Yeah i know its adding more but aint the point

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom