eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I guess this counts as confirmation:

"Kendrick Lamar, Sam Smith and U2 will perform at the 60th Annual Grammy Awards at New York’s Madison Square Garden on Jan. 28, Billboard has learned."

Then this confirms Kendrick will perform with U2. Either GOOYOW, AS, or both!

Did anyone get their presale code for eu gigs?
I'm in the innocent group (although I am a member for three years straight), and still don't have my presale code

Did anyone get their presale code for eu gigs?
I'm in the innocent group (although I am a member for three years straight), and still don't have my presale code

U2 EXPERIENCE + INNOCENCE TOUR
‘U2 coming through… U2 coming through…’ eXPERIENCE & iNNOCENCE Tour heading to Europe in August, September & October. #U2eiTour #U2SongsofExperience

Timing:
Thursday, 18 Jan. (10am) – eXPERIENCE Group presale start
Friday, 19 Jan. (10am) – iNNOCENCE Group presale start
Saturday, 20 Jan. (5pm) – U2.com Subscriber presale ends
Public on sale: Friday, 26 Jan. (Copenhagen on sale is: Monday, 29 Jan.)
All times are local venue time.
Note - presale codes to be posted on this page by Wednesday night. Stand by.

Check out the updated FAQs.

Be on the tour section or account info section according to this on u2.com

Any news on whether the album codes can be held over like you can with your subscriber code for when extra dates are released ?. Have seen it mentioned they can only be used on this first set of dates ?.

No "360" in Copenhagen at the very least.

TKKu33I.png

is the eXPERIENCE and innocence tour stage going to be blue like in the logo?

Last edited:
The portuguese promotor (Ritmos & Blues) said to a portuguese magazine that around 60% of tickets will go to the u2.com presale, with "another large batch" of tickets available for the retailer presale.
There's also a rumour that only 3.000 tickets will be available for general sale on the 26th and it's likely after reading this interview.
They are expecting tickets to sold out in the first 15 minutes of general sale.

GA for Royal Arena bought just now with zero hassle. This is why i get presale.

I am a tool and got a collectors ticket :D

Last edited:
60% for fan club sounds way way too high

Ticketmaster's normal fan club allowance is between 8 and 10%

Some venues ,inc the German ones allow you to see the seat map and most of the venue is on sale in the Innocence presale.

I suspect U2 will try to sell the whole building in the presales bar a few thousand seats.
Then when General sale sells out in minutes on Friday ,people will rush to buy tickets for the second dates the week after.
Its all about building hype to pardon the pun.

Some venues ,inc the German ones allow you to see the seat map and most of the venue is on sale in the Innocence presale.

I suspect U2 will try to sell the whole building in the presales bar a few thousand seats.
Then when General sale sells out in minutes on Friday ,people will rush to buy tickets for the second dates the week after.
Its all about building hype to pardon the pun.
Well... You can buy any ticket in the house you want in the presale in the US as well, but once it hits a certain number it shuts off.

yesterday I saw the seat maps for Portugal and there were about 50% free. Today there are no more available seats. From what we're seeing here the 60% share for u2.com seems realistic, it's simply demand that is far too high for just one show...

yesterday I saw the seat maps for Portugal and there were about 50% free. Today there are no more available seats. From what we're seeing here the 60% share for u2.com seems realistic, it's simply demand that is far too high for just one show...

And yet, Portugal will only get 2 shows, their first since 2010. Meanwhile, the same US cities get piles of shows year after year, and drag their way to a sellout. Not sure why U2 underplay Europe so much. They could spend an entire year in Europe filling arenas and probably do over 100 shows.

I mean... I don't deny that Europe can sell like hotcakes.

But presales sell out here as well. That doesn't men anything in regards to the general sale, it just means that all of the tickets available for the presale are gone.

They are selling most of the venues in the presales ,you can see whats available at the moment for example in Cologne here .
If you add the album presale allocation to this there will be hardly anything left for general sale.

capture_20180119_224014.jpg]

Last edited:
They are selling most of the venues in the presales ,you can see whats available at the moment for example in Cologne here .
If you add the album presale allocation to this there will be hardly anything left for general sale.

capture_20180119_224014.jpg]
Are you 100% sure there aren't blocks that were never put on sale?

I'm not trying to say you're wrong, it's just so different from how things are done here that I'm intrigued.

I'm pretty sure they keep tickets back. I know with the London ones in the past the maps would exactly the same but come general sale time the map would fill back up.

I'd be very surprised if they were selling all the tickets to u2.com members.

Are you 100% sure there aren't blocks that were never put on sale?

I'm not trying to say you're wrong, it's just so different from how things are done here that I'm intrigued.

Yes ,they didn't put all tickets in every block on sale ,but most of them were available ,I'd say 90% of the venue when I checked yesterday motrning.
It depends on the venue ,different venues allocate different amounts to the presales.
I find Eventim good in that they let you see whats available and they allocate a large percentage .

I'm pretty sure they keep tickets back. I know with the London ones in the past the maps would exactly the same but come general sale time the map would fill back up.
The O2 are notorious for this ,they always hold back tickets and release them a few weeks ahead of the event.
Thats why there are so many speculative ticket listings for that venue on resale sites ,the touts know they will pick them up closer to the event.
You will almost always pick up tickets for a gig there the week of the gig on Axs .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom