Coldplay - Viva La Vida - Keep Talking.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coldplay Back In Studio?
By: Don Kaye

A post on Coldplay's Twitter page indicated that the band is back in the studio for "a couple of weeks" with producer Brian Eno, who worked with the British group on its latest album, Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends. There was no further information posted regarding what the band was working on. Coldplay followed up last June's release of Viva La Vida in November with an EP of new material called Prospekt's March, and singer Chris Martin has said in recent interviews that the band would like to release another full album of new songs by the end of 2009.

Viva La Vida was the best-selling rock album of 2008, moving more than two million copies in the U.S.

The album has racked up a total of seven Grammy nominations and four Brit Award nominations. The band is slated to perform at both events next month.

Might be old news here but first ive seen it :)

Coldplay Reveal North American Summer Tour | Pitchfork

oldplay dates:

02-11 Tokyo, Japan - Saitama Super Arena ^
02-12 Tokyo, Japan - Saitama Super Arena ^
02-14 Osaka, Japan - Kobe World Kinen Hall ^
02-15 Osaka, Japan - Kobe World Kinen Hall ^
02-18 London, England - Shepherds Bush Empire (War Child benefit) &
02-27 Perth, Australia - Burswood Dome
02-28 Perth, Australia - Burswood Dome
03-03 Melbourne, Australia - Rod Laver Arena
03-04 Melbourne, Australia - Rod Laver Arena
03-05 Melbourne, Australia - Rod Laver Arena
03-08 Brisbane, Australia - Entertainment Centre
03-09 Brisbane, Australia - Entertainment Centre
03-11 Sydney, Australia - Acer Arena
03-12 Sydney, Australia - Acer Arena
03-14 Sydney, Australia - Acer Arena
03-15 Sydney, Australia - Acer Arena
03-18 Auckland, New Zealand - Vector Arena
03-19 Auckland, New Zealand - Vector Arena
07-02 Arras, France - Main Square Festival
07-03 Werchter, Belgium - Rock Werchter
07-05 Roskilde, Denmark - Roskilde Festival
07-10 Portland, OR - The Amphitheater at Clark County !@
07-11 George, WA - The Gorge Amphitheatre !@
07-13 San Francisco, CA - Shoreline Amphitheatre !@
07-16 San Diego, CA - Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre !@
07-18 Carson, CA - Home Depot Center !@
07-21 Dallas, TX - Superpages.com Center !@
07-22 Houston, TX - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion !@
07-24 Maryland Heights, MO - Verizon Wireless Amphitheater !@
07-25 East Troy, WI - Alpine Valley Music Theatre !%
07-29 Toronto, Ontario - TBD !%
08-03 Mansfield, MA - Comcast Center !%
08-06 Raleigh, NC - Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion !%
08-07 Charlotte, NC - Charlotte Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre !%
08-09 Tampa, FL - Ford Amphitheatre !%
08-16 Herning, Denmark - MCH Arena
08-19 Bergen, Norway - Koengen
08-22 Stockholm, Sweden - Olympic Stadium
08-25 Hanover, Germany - Hanover Stadium
08-27 Düsseldorf, Germany - LTU Arena
08-29 Munich, Germany - Reitstadion Riem
08-31 Udine, Italy - Stadio Friuli
09-02 Bern, Switzerland - Stade de Suisse
09-04 Barcelona, Spain - Estadi Olimpic
09-07 Paris, France - Parc des Princes
09-09 Nijmegen, Holland - Goffertpark
09-10 Nijmegen, Netherlands - Goffertpark
09-12 Manchester, England - LCCC *
09-14 Dublin, Ireland - Phoenix Park
09-16 Glasgow, Scotland - Hampden Park *
09-18 London, England - Wembley Stadium #
09-19 London, England - Wembley Stadium *

^ with Santogold
& with the Killers
! with Kitty, Daisy & Lewis
@ with Amadou & Mariam
% with Elbow
* with Jay-Z
# with Girls Aloud

Nice to see they're not in arenas, but I'm still not going.

Coldplay Reveal North American Summer Tour | Pitchfork

Coldplay dates:

07-21 Dallas, TX - Superpages.com Center !@

^ with Santogold
& with the Killers
! with Kitty, Daisy & Lewis
@ with Amadou & Mariam
% with Elbow
* with Jay-Z
# with Girls Aloud

FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!!

WHOOO HOOOO!!!

:yippie:

I don't like the fact that it will be at the shitty outdoor venue.

:sigh:

Oh well. At least it's a lot cheaper.

Still does happy dance though! I can't wait! It's a second chance that I'd thought I would never get!

:dance:

Life In Technicolor, 42, Lovers In Japan, Chinese Sleep Chant were the songs I really liked, Chinese Sleep Chant being my favorite. Viva La Vida is a great song musically but sometimes the vocals keep me from enjoying it fully. The Escapist(snippet bit at beginning and end of the album) is pretty cool too, though it wasn't actually written by them aside from the vocal.

Not long to our gig now.

All I want is Strawberry Swing, Chinese Sleep Chant, the last half of Death and All His Friends, all of Parachutes and I'll be happy.

I think what bothers me the most about the hate - other than the fact that it's pretty irrational, is the complainging about him on stage. I mean, I realize they weren't nearly as overexposed in the media on the last couple of albums but he's been doing the same spaz-on stage act for years now...

I think what bothers me the most about the hate - other than the fact that it's pretty irrational, is the complainging about him on stage. I mean, I realize they weren't nearly as overexposed in the media on the last couple of albums but he's been doing the same spaz-on stage act for years now...

Viva La Vida is a nice album to listen to while sitting on the deck on a warm, breezy summer evening while drinking a nice wine. Other than that? Meh.

What a tremendously triumphant gig they played in Melbourne a few nights back. First time I'd ever seen them live and my mind was comprehensively blown. $140 very very well spent, I would've forked out another 140 had I managed to get a ticket for the following night.

Chris Martin (in the wake of the "wanker" issue, although the anti-Coldplay brigade will interpret this as more Martinesque arrogance), made a tongue in cheek comment about releasing Yellow live with the Melbourne crowd as a single and if it got to number one, they MIGHT finally be bigger than U2. Was a cool moment, and the crowd really got into it.

Dunno what the issue is with Martin's stange antics, they are hardly "over the top", suit the explosivity of the amazing tunes perfectly, In My Place, Lovers In Japan and Lost! especially. And it's hardly constant. So much energy throughout the entire gig. Life In Technicolour 2 is great live, as is Strawberry Swing, Cemetaries Of London not so much.

They had an acoustic set on a small platform in the seats up towards the back of the arena, very intimate and accessible, acoustic Speed Of Sound, Green Eyes and Death Will Never Conquer, all done brilliantly.

Nothing like U2, Martin is nothing like Bono, they are their own band with their own style and everyone left satisfied, a truly joyous night.

Sounds sweet, did they play any other tracks off of Prospekt other than LIT 2?

Glass Of Water, which was a bit of a surprise. The night before they played Chinese Sleep Chant instead, which I would have preferred.

Wish they played Rainy Day, Chris Martin mentioned how lucky we were to have rain, 'cause it was the first time we'd had any real rain all year yesterday, so there was opportunity to debut Rainy Day. Best song off Prospekt in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom