Coldplay - Viva La Vida - Keep Talking.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, yeah, the melody of that Satriani guitar line is very similar to the vocal melody of VLV but I doubt it was a conscious theft. And didn't some small-time indie band claim that Coldplay stole Viva La Vida from them earlier this year? I think people are just jealous of Chrissy's earnestness.

Failure to remember "Low" is your greatest regret.

I still contend they could have dodged a lot of shit with that as the first single and a revised tracklist.

We disagree on "Low," my friend. It's not terrible, but doesn't stand out for me.

If "World Turned Upside Down," "How You See the World," "Pour Me," and "Things I Don't Understand" made the album over the steaming piles of crap that did, it would certainly be a listenable album.

there was another dude in WHAM?

andrewridgley.jpg

That dude is gayer than the volleyball scene in Top Gun.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I know who Joe Satriani is and I some know songs... but this shows you who's bigger

Guitarist accuses Coldplay of plagiarism - Yahoo! News

if you can't even be name named, you're not doing it too good

I'd honestly be happy for petrol and other things to rise to ensure the dollar rises to ensure U2 tours again. Or however the darn'd economy works.

I finally got around to listening to Prospekt's March...

Great

Rainy Day

Pretty good

Glass Of Water
Prospekt's March/Poppyfields
Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground

Inessential
Life In Technicolor II
Postcards From Far Away
Lost+ (feat. 5 seconds of Jay-Z)
Lovers In Japan (Osaka Sun Mix)

Overall, there was nothing I really disliked, and nothing I would really place on the album proper, excepting perhaps Rainy Day, which is fantastic. LIT2 is utterly pointless, and CMart's vocals are awful, while Postcards From Far Away could make for a nice intro. The remixes are remixes, eh. Prospekt's March/Poppyfields is cliche, mid-range Coldplay that sounds nice enough, Glass Of Water is pleasant, but not exactly album-worthy, and the same could be said of Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground, which never really builds to anything.

If Viva La Vida is a B+, the EP gets a B-. This era of Coldplay is miles ahead of 2005-2007, and the EP caps it off nicely. But this isn't anything I would recommend to newcomers.

I just received notice that tickets are available for three open air concerts in Germany in summer 2009. I had no idea that Coldplay would return next year. :ohmy:

Headache, you are the first person I have encountered who likes Lost+...

You're like some sort of mythical creature like a Unicorn or an Eskimo :wink:

Negative! I happen to like it too, although I was a bit disappointed. I wanted to hear him for more than 30 seconds. :wink:

So I guess there are two unicorns in this vast land of regular old Pintos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom