Chicago IV Friendly, Kind Setlist Watch and Thread Party, Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver, never mind, I got confused with With Or Without You.

And yes, "40" was definitely a snippet. The show closed with the final notes of Bad.

knox said:
Axver, never mind, I got confused with With Or Without You.

And yes, "40" was definitely a snippet. The show closed with the final notes of Bad.

Alright! And that's so cool about Bad.

And, hang on ... Sexual Healing was in both WOWY and Bad?

namkcuR said:
Great, great setlist. Just one gripe - only one - NYD was absent.

Upon hearing the rumour of UTEOTW and noting NYD's omission from its usual spot, I was fully expecting it to come after UTEOTW.

And thanks to both nurse chrissi and knox for set info! :up:

And it must've been amazing to be there, cheering for an encore, and suddenly hearing the wailing guitar of UTEOTW ... :drool:

I think I'm overusing the drooling smiley, but this show warrants it!

I like the fact that they mixed up the set list and added UTEOTW and WOWY and Gloria, songs they either haven't done or have done sporadically. I have to agree with some others that it is not the greatest set ever, but very entertaining considering the stagnant set list that the first three shows produced.

My feeling either way is that whether you know the exact order of songs in the set it doesn't matter a U2 show is special and unique every show. :yes:

I can live without New Year's Day, I had completely forgotten they hadn't played it!

I only have two gripes...one, The Ocean. They need to never play that song again. Try something good off of Boy, like Twilight. It was rescued tonight by a funny sequence where Bono tried to remember the name of the venue they played back during the Boy tour, but for a second straight night, could not. After consultation with fans in the front row, he decided it was called "the Park", and then was corrected by the same fans, before announcing it was "the Park West" (is, actually, it's still there at Armitage and Clark). Two, the Ellipse was not used nearly as much as it was for the past three days, but that was fine, because the show was so very much better.

Roland of Gilead said:
I like the idea of opening the encore with Until the End... . I bet that just ROCKED!:rockon:

I'm standing there, waiting for the two toned Zoo Station intro...but the band comes on stage, and still no intro, then they break into Until The End Of The World... :drool:

It looked like everybody in the arena was jumping in unison...

the entire arena lost it for Until the End of the World - we had seen that the guitar wasn't right for Zoo Station so we knew that something was up

also for what it's worth prior to the show the set list was ripped off Larry's Drum kit and replaced with a new one

Considering the reaction, maybe they'll consider keeping UTEOTW? I'd love Zoo Station, The Fly, UTEOTW --> NYD, with Mysterious Ways placed somewhere in the main set.

Best setlist so far...by far (IMO of course)--unfortunately I doubt this setlist will become a trend.

Must have been an unreal show. Can't wait to see the third leg. Bad as a closer is pretty cool (with 40 tacked on the end). Just a gut feeling, but I think anyone who has seen multiple shows that saw this one, would point to Chicago #4 as the best--makes you wonder how great the multiple MSg nights will be--might just have to make the trip.

Nope, Everyone was said as usual (except it started a bit later on out of Wake Up than it usually does) and the band came on stage without any opening music, so I'm sitting there thinking "what the hell?"...then BAM into Vertigo.

just came back from tonight's show...anybody need tickets for a philly show or a september chicago show? after this show, there's just no need to see them again on this tour! :wink:

those who missed this, missed out! :| pray for this setlist in your town!!!!

God was in the house, tonight - and He hooked everyone up with the best set of the tour so far!

The show setlist was amazing... I sat across the stage 3rd row from the floor (near the soundboard area) and the energy was EXTREMELY lacking. I think that area generally lacks energy because there's always some empty space between the GA'ers and the first rows of seats in the back. But, it ruined the whole vibe of the show for me unfortunately.

Regardless, the setlist was AWESOME as i gazed into the ellipse and yearned to leach onto the vibes you guys must've experienced!

My highights: Gloria, WOWY, Bad (esp. ending with it)

Last edited:
I was there tonight and loved it. First time in 13 years. But the sound on the third floor of the United Center sucks. How much for the Sept show??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom