Setlist Berlin 31st of August 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BANZAI

War Child
Here's my guess...

Love Is All We Have Left
The Blackout
Lights Of Home
I Will Follow
Gloria / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet)
Beautiful Day
The Ocean
Iris (Hold Me Close)
Cedarwood Road
Sunday Bloody Sunday / Johnny Was (snippet)
Until the End of the World

(Intermission - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me)

Elevation
Vertigo / It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) (snippet)
Desire Hollywood Mix
Sympathy For The Devil (snippet) / Acrobat
You're The Best Thing About Me Full band acoustic
Staring at the Sun Bono and Edge acoustic
Pride (In the Name of Love)
Get Out Of Your Own Way
American Soul
City of Blinding Lights

encore(s):
Women of the World (snippet) / One / Invisible (snippet)
Love Is Bigger Than Anything in Its Way
13 (There Is A Light)

One change: Gloria will be dropped for American Soul x2.

Apparently somebody heard NYD being sound checked. No doubt for the friends across the border in Poland. Because apparently U2 can’t actually play in Poland anymore.

I'm under no illusion that this will happen, but I'd love to see Zoo Station open with this screen. I know they're still obsessed with getting rid of any perceptions of nostalgia that JT 30 created, but it would be great nonetheless.

Something like this:

Effects and voices updated to fit modern day European politics......

Zoo Station-Blackout-Best Thing-I Will Follow-Beautiful Day-The Ocean-Iris........

More realistic of course would be bringing back Zooropa (in some form or another) and Stay- preferably full band.

I'd like to see a number of changes- and though I don't think a complete structural overhaul is realistic, I'd like to see them tweak it a little bit. Cut back on the inferior versions of 2015 staples and throw some more SOE songs and hits in.

Everyone take your cell phones and light up the the skies. Like a Window in the skies. Make it look like a constellation of stars. Like love shining like a burning star, falling from the sky, tonight. Remind us of the songs we wrote right here in Berlin.

This is Ordinary Love

I'm under no illusion that this will happen, but I'd love to see Zoo Station open with this screen. I know they're still obsessed with getting rid of any perceptions of nostalgia that JT 30 created, but it would be great nonetheless.

Something like this:

Effects and voices updated to fit modern day European politics......

Zoo Station-Blackout-Best Thing-I Will Follow-Beautiful Day-The Ocean-Iris........

More realistic of course would be bringing back Zooropa (in some form or another) and Stay- preferably full band.

Those MRI scans and sounds would go perfectly into the opening sounds of Zoo Station. I’m on board. But is Larry??

I’m a fan of moving Best Thing up earlier into the set, full band. I just don’t like the stripped down version. If anything go the opposite direction and go club dance discotheque the way they did for Crazy Tonight on 360. That’s really the only way I like Crazy anymore, live 360 remix

Discotheque needs to be in place of EBTTRT/Desire.

I like Achtung Baby, but it’s become a bit of a crutch for them. There are other upbeat songs in the catalog!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom