Chicago, Boston, East Rutherford, Toronto Pre-Sale Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's what I was afraid of with outdoor stadium shows; anything other than lower bowl and field, and you're screwed.

These are front rows, though, you could maybe hang a large sign/banner over the railing.
I have the same dilemma with the Phoenix show. Would I get tickets if they were in the upper deck?

The problem with Gillette, as I've mentioned before, is that there is the equivalent of a three-story building between the mezzanine/club level seating and the upper deck.

Gillette_Stadium.jpg

Gillette is one of the worst of the new generation of football stadiums (one more reason to dislike Robert Kraft).

I got a different message. I got something like "The tickets should be available for printing within 24 hours."

I was able to print the Boston tickets immediately. However, I received the above message for the Chicago tickets. Now, 48 hours later, I still cannot print. Granted, the show is almost 6 months away, so I'm not worried, but why say 24 hours if clearly that's not the case?

I was able to print the Boston tickets immediately. However, I received the above message for the Chicago tickets. Now, 48 hours later, I still cannot print. Granted, the show is almost 6 months away, so I'm not worried, but why say 24 hours if clearly that's not the case?

Are they GA or seats, because apparently there is no Ticketfast for GA, hard tickets only.

You didn't buy them, did you? The upper deck at Gillette BLOWS.

Yes I did. It was either those or behind the stage or on the other end of the end zone. Maybe if these tickets were $50 I would understand but $100?

I keep getting closer sections but higher rows so when the first row came I jumped on it. Nothing was available in the 100s during the boots sale yesterday.

Oh well. I can try to re-sell them if better seat are available on Boston 2 or just deal with it. Is it that bad? I googled for pics of Gillete, and also the pic above seems that it is very high.

ok a bit OT here, i was just telling a friend about Toronto, and how I got my tickets. She couldn't understand why I would pay to stand in line for several hours and then proceed to stand in a field.

She tells me she would rather pay $250 dollars for a seat so she can sit down for the show. :shocked:

I know not everyone needs GA. But to sit through a concert???? :coocoo::no:

In Elevation and Vertigo tours I stayed away from GA (didn't know it wasn't going to be as bad as I thought it would be). I got seats because I'm a shorty (5'2'') and didn't have the courage to stand in the GA line by myself (because no other friend of mine are big enough U2 fans to be willing to stand in line for hours) to guarantee a spot against the railing.

At my first show I realized I paid the extra $ for the convenience of having a seat from the moment the arena was open until the band came on stage. And I could get hot dogs and drinks anytime I wanted before the show :D As soon as they played the intro song (I think it was Help during Elevation, and Wake Up during Vertigo), I was on my feet. And I certainly did not sit through the songs! Okay, sometimes I sat down in between songs when the band took a breather, or when Bono and Edge performed the acoustic songs. At $120/seat as the closest seat during the arena tours, that convenience was well worth it.

However, this tour is a bit ridiculous that they charge $250 for the top seat! It's not like you're closer to the band. You're actually farther away! So this tour I only got one seat, in NY. And I will have to buy GA for the other shows, because I'm broke... :huh:

In NJ? You probably want to get there the night before if being in the first row is imperative for you. Otherwise, I think you'll get in no problemo by getting there 6 AM.

Saw Mark's comment re: Miami Elevation - he's right, we did sleep under the stars but that was in Miami on a clear night and I think we did it on purpose as we knew a hotel that night would be useless. Well that was my thought anyways lol. And it was the final Elevation show, so we were hardly alone, I think we were 53-55 or so at like 10 PM the night before the show. :reject:

Toronto in September is nice. I still go camping up north that time also so sleeping out or with some temp shelter is doable. Layers are your friend as it will get really warm the next day and you'll want to peel some of for sure ;)

They will be scanning tickets like on Vertigo to determine who gets inside the "heart" area right near the band. Its totaly random, and getting there early won't improve your chances. The last time lining up impacted your chances of getting in there was on the Elevation tour.

They will be scanning tickets like on Vertigo to determine who gets inside the "heart" area right near the band. Its totaly random, and getting there early won't improve your chances. The last time lining up impacted your chances of getting in there was on the Elevation tour.

Link to confirmation on scan process? Haven't seen anything reliable yet.

Link to confirmation on scan process? Haven't seen anything reliable yet.

It was in the Billboard article from a while back. Arthur Fogul stated that they needed to continue with the scanning process, to prevent what happened on Elevation. He also said they would not sell tickets specifically for that part of the GA area, because the scalping in the resell market would be in the thousands of dollars.

I think a more interesting question is what is the size of the enclosed area? On Elevation and Vertigo, the enclosed area had roughly 300 people. Total GA tickets sold per arena averaged out to about 2,000 per show, so about 15% of the GA ticket holders got into the enclosed area.

Normally, stadium shows have roughly 15,000 people on the field for seated or GA, because the capacity is usually determined by the fire codes. The question is, will 15% of the GA ticket holders get inside the enclosed area this time? That would be a little over 2,000 people in the enclosed area, which seems unlikely. It will probably be much more difficult to get inside the enclosed area on this tour. I'm thinking probably no more than 1,000 people, making it twice as difficult to get inside as it was on Vertigo.

Also, if by chance Europe does not do scanning for the GA area, that will not necessarily be the case for North America.

"U2 tix on sale Monday

Not sure if this has been posted from Tuesday's Boston Globe:

In Elevation and Vertigo tours I stayed away from GA (didn't know it wasn't going to be as bad as I thought it would be). I got seats because I'm a shorty (5'2'') and didn't have the courage to stand in the GA line by myself (because no other friend of mine are big enough U2 fans to be willing to stand in line for hours) to guarantee a spot against the railing.

At my first show I realized I paid the extra $ for the convenience of having a seat from the moment the arena was open until the band came on stage. And I could get hot dogs and drinks anytime I wanted before the show :D As soon as they played the intro song (I think it was Help during Elevation, and Wake Up during Vertigo), I was on my feet. And I certainly did not sit through the songs! Okay, sometimes I sat down in between songs when the band took a breather, or when Bono and Edge performed the acoustic songs. At $120/seat as the closest seat during the arena tours, that convenience was well worth it.

However, this tour is a bit ridiculous that they charge $250 for the top seat! It's not like you're closer to the band. You're actually farther away! So this tour I only got one seat, in NY. And I will have to buy GA for the other shows, because I'm broke... :huh:

I'm in the same boat because I'm also short, and getting GA tickets has always been problematic.

Perhaps for that reason, I'm more focused on choosing the right venue. I try to pick venues where I know that even the cheapest seats are still relatively good. For instance, I got $45 tickets to the MGM Vertigo show because I knew that even the worst seat in the house would be a pretty good seat for the price.

If I decide to get tickets to this tour, I'm looking at Sam Boyd, Giants Stadium, and maybe even the Rose Bowl because the $30 or $55 seats could potentially be pretty good for the money spent.

I also purchased seats on Tuesday for the Chicago show and selected ticketfast as the method of delivery. As of today I still can't print my tickets. I was beginning to think I was the only one having this issue and was starting to panic but it looks like this is the case for most of the tickets for the Chicago show.

Normally, stadium shows have roughly 15,000 people on the field for seated or GA, because the capacity is usually determined by the fire codes. The question is, will 15% of the GA ticket holders get inside the enclosed area this time? That would be a little over 2,000 people in the enclosed area, which seems unlikely.

I think fewer than 15,000 people will be on the field - the stage is large and sticks out and the ellipse and red zones take up a decent chunk of the field (including buffer zones).

I have the same dilemma with the Phoenix show. Would I get tickets if they were in the upper deck?
Gillette is one of the worst of the new generation of football stadiums (one more reason to dislike Robert Kraft).

My uncle has season tickets in row 1 of the club section at the 50 yard line. We sat there once for a Pats game and I remember thinking how tiny Tom Brady looked...and then I thought "if U2 play here, I need to be low, very very low". And that wasn't even upper deck, that was CLUB.

I think fewer than 15,000 people will be on the field - the stage is large and sticks out and the ellipse and red zones take up a decent chunk of the field (including buffer zones).

Me too. Maybe 10,000 or less. We won't really know until the Barcelona show to see what the stage looks like on the field

Hi

I received my tickets this morning. I was shocked. I had no idea it would be this fast but I'm just too ecstatic. :love:

Me too. Maybe 10,000 or less. We won't really know until the Barcelona show to see what the stage looks like on the field

Yeah- on some of the TM graphics, it looks like the outer tip of the ellipse is roughly at the 50 yard line. So that's only about half a football field for the non-lottery GA.

Back
Top Bottom