Changes to Moderation of FYM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car may have been the offending song. It's one of U2girl's favourites. Shit can get real.

I don't know what the answer is, I see benefits of the current system and the suggested alternatives.

I immediately recognized the new system as what Metafilter does, and they're a site known for interesting, productive, and often hilarious discussion. A great idea, but I have to agree with some of the other comments - that level of moderation probably isn't needed here.

The one thing I loved about FYM was when someone would post something that was offensive, a personal attack, as was described by Diemen, and the community would unite, left,,,,right.,,,,republicans,,,,,democrats supported each other about stupidity.....

Cats and Dogs living together... Anyway.... I am a libertarian, and I do not support censorship.:reject:

Old timer lol,, but here for the Cocktails!

I believe Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car may have been the offending song. It's one of U2girl's favourites. Shit can get real.

LUV Pop...Lemon, Staring at the Sun..do ii have this mixed up...and where is the DJ,,we ushered in Oakland CA and saw the grand "parade" twice...to many laughs and coke jokes...he he he

:wink:

:lol:
I guess my main problem with temporarily locking the thread is that it penalizes everyone who was participating, not just the people who were causing problems.

I'm okay with handing out time-outs to individual people, though.

In the past I have tried having one on one PMs to discuss problematic posts before taking action in the thread, or as an accompaniment to it, but to be honest it wasn't all that effective. :shrug:

right, like in Hockey // when you get put in ;the "time out" box..but what od I know buut Candian sports, ii mean really...:applaud:

Power Play..la la la on the radio now -- today' hits ::

California,,la la la ,ii not kidding :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom