Cascade d'Arse, Pyrenees, France

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you view my edit about Mooroopna's tower :wink: That's actually just Telstra tower, I'm not sure it does much in the way of TV, cause our main TV transmitters are out in Jess' favourite town, Dookie.

Danny that made me :lmao:

Fuck April looks awesome now. Comedy Fest + Bonnie + Beers (and blunts?) + Outkast, in spite of whatever ax, char and danny think! :madspit:

I always mind Outkast.

Also, I wish Melbourne had a skyline as good as Mooroopna!

It may be 2012 everywhere else, but it's 2002 in Cobblerland.

(I can't talk.)

I still think I'm in the 90s judging by how large my collection is from that decade. Go me.

I was getting at them being "relevant", not release dates.

... shit, relevance? Who am I becoming, Bono?

The more Bono frets about releasing relevant music, the longer U2 take to record an album and the less relevant they become.

The Wiggles covered "Day-O (The Banana Boat Song)" and did it without an ounce of irony, no sly reference to Beetlejuice, or any fun at all really. Sam's too operatic and it had no soul. I mean, yeah it's The Banana Boat Song, but I don't know. Shouldn't calypso music make you want to dance, even a little? In fact, most of the newer material from them ever since Greg was forced into retirement has been stale and stiff. I daresay they've jumped the shark. Jacques Shark, to be specific.

Jacques Shark was a shark puppet from the 1998 Wiggles series where Henry the Octopus's underwater big band segments were done with puppets narrated and voiced by Greg (bar Henry himself, who was done by Jeff). Yes, I know how sad it is that I know that. I'm embarrassed, trust me.

/random Wiggles post

Danny that made me :lmao:

Fuck April looks awesome now. Comedy Fest + Bonnie + Beers (and blunts?) + Outkast, in spite of whatever ax, char and danny think! :madspit:

If you can supply weed, sure thing! I don't want to risk bringing it along. ;) Although my cousin once managed to get shrooms from the Netherlands to the UK somehow. Accidentally.

Anyway, this is going to be fucking rad. I'll try to post the exact dates tonight, all I know is that it's near the start of my holidays.

Mozgoyob - new favourite Russian word. Yes, Vlad, I know what it means. That's why it's my new favourite Russian word.

We've got to be out by the end of April. Ugghhh.

We were ready to fucking sign a new year-long lease in April and everything. We'd contemplated moving on sometime next year once we knew more about where our careers are likely to take us, whether we'll be staying in Melbourne, what suburb would be best, etc. This is just the most monumental inconvenience.

I haven't really caught on to what was going on here. How can they sell it?

Oh my god, six concerts in six nights, most of them heavy insanity. I'm so knocked out. And we've got Soundwave tomorrow.

I haven't really caught on to what was going on here. How can they sell it?

Because it's their property and we're just the rental tenants. Evidently they didn't want it any more ... we thought another investor would buy, but no luck. Surely it says something when the people who've rented the place for two years wouldn't even buy it!

Friggin' irrelevance.

If you're irrelevant, Peter Slipper will tell you off. :what'sthenameofthatfinger-waggingsmiley:

Because it's their property and we're just the rental tenants. Evidently they didn't want it any more ... we thought another investor would buy, but no luck. Surely it says something when the people who've rented the place for two years wouldn't even buy it!

Would you have bought it if you could?

Speaking of Soundwave, I had never heard (of) Steel Panther until a couple of days ago... I had clearly been sadly deprived until then! :lol:

Argh, fucking Skrillex on the radio! That's my cue to get up... If they played this every morning at 7:30 I'd never be late to work again. *L*

Well no, that's my point, I would simply not buy this place as a residence like these purchasers have. I'm happy to rent it, but it has too many minor faults and is too dark to actually buy as a residence. Great to rent but would you buy it to live in it long-term? Hell no. If I were in a position to buy it as an investment, though? Probably.

I'm just gonna crawl in a hole. Davy Jones dies, Jason Varitek retires, what's next? Tre's gonna bust his arm and never be able to drum again? :depressed:

Quick, in no particular order, someone name the best 12 songs from ATYCLB, HTDAAB and NLOTH.

Magnificent
Kite
City Of Blinding Lights
Moment Of Surrender
When I Look at the World
A Man and A Woman
Cedars of Lebanon
Fast Cars
Miracle Drug
Walk On
Fez, Being Born
Vertigo x 2

Bonnie, when I see "The Sad Punk" as the most recent poster on a thread, I get more excited than for any other poster on this forum. :up:

/unnecessarypostthatwillprobablymakeyourethinkyourtriptomelbourne

Bonnie, when I see "The Sad Punk" as the most recent poster on a thread, I get more excited than for any other poster on this forum. :up:

/unnecessarypostthatwillprobablymakeyourethinkyourtriptomelbourne

This makes me so damn happy like you wouldn't even believe. :)

Speaking of Melbourne, I was listening to Kaputt today and was thinking "fuck, this music makes me feel like I'm in Melbourne". Just has that feel. I know you'll savour those words.

Also, I still don't know exactly which days in April I'll be there, so I'm sorry about that, but it's happening! Promise to Betsy!

Yeah, it's a great record for commuting around these parts. I've listened to it god knows how many times, but whenever I hear the opening drum kicks and spanish guitar of Chinatown I'm transported to the time I took the train back to Werribee one night during a rainstorm. Whenever I hear "you terrify the land, you are pestle and mortar..." I'm transported to Inverleigh Football Club's home ground, because I listened to Kaputt a lot driving to/from that ground when I covered the GDFL during winter. Whenever I listen to the title track I'm reminded of driving home from uni at night on the Geelong Ring Road. Just a remarkable record that now probably sits in my top ten all time.

Can't wait :)

I have no idea what to do this weekend. The Wife has left to get her bother and sisters place up ready for sale (which is where I have spent the last two weekends, but now the roles are reversed) but was supposed to be back tomorrow, now she's not back till Tuesday, possibly Monday night....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom