Cape Catastrophe, South Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
South Island is gorgeous - did a whistle stop visit to all the obvious places before we moved back to oz and sadly the only things i remember about wellington are that big 'beehive' building and the bloody wind!

Taranaki really was gorgeous and the ridiculously picture postcard view from the place we were in was brilliant to wake up too - wouldn't mind having another look one day soon

Until I moved to Melbourne, Wellington was my favourite city. The Museum of New Zealand really is quite incredible, and on a nice day, nothing beats Wellington Harbour. But I'm enough of a Wellingtonian to define "a nice day" as winds below about 90km/h and only a faint drizzle. :wink:

I often think of moving back, but at this stage, it suits me far too much to be in Melbourne.

Speaking of reading. I bought a book the other day, thinking it was a novel. Turns out it's short stories, which are less fun. I'd have noticed if I'd read the subtitle on the cover :rolleyes:

:laugh: I managed only six hours of sleep myself. Not sure how I've stayed so conscious all through today. Hell, I've even churned out over 400 words of an essay thus far!

Hah, not even in my intense hatred of heat have I ever done anything like that. I just leave a fan on, aimed at my head. I'm usually comfortable enough to get to sleep with that.

It's amazing what your brain can do when it gets re-wired by lack of sleep! :up:

I don't like having a breeze on my face, it tends to keep me awake... but needs must as the devil drives, or some other incomprehensible Olde Englishe sayinge.

Except not U2 by U2. That thing is a bitch to read. :grumpy:

You need to read that thing at a fucking dining table!

Well, at least I've already read the important part when I had a dining table available (everything through to about 1984, and I think I had a peek at Lovetown). I can't say I have a burning desire to read Larry in his Infinite Ignorance slamming Passengers or Bono's revisionist history about Pop.

Until I moved to Melbourne, Wellington was my favourite city. The Museum of New Zealand really is quite incredible, and on a nice day, nothing beats Wellington Harbour. But I'm enough of a Wellingtonian to define "a nice day" as winds below about 90km/h and only a faint drizzle. :wink:

I often think of moving back, but at this stage, it suits me far too much to be in Melbourne.

Melbournes not too shabby my friend! :wink:

It's amazing what your brain can do when it gets re-wired by lack of sleep! :up:

I don't like having a breeze on my face, it tends to keep me awake... but needs must as the devil drives, or some other incomprehensible Olde Englishe sayinge.

Hopefully it's not all crap! Hopefully I'll also get another 400 words done before sleep tonight.

Ah, now I feel much less hot when I have a breeze on my face. If the fan is pointing at my body, I seem to not be as conscious of it doing anything and I feel hotter.

Speaking of reading. I bought a book the other day, thinking it was a novel. Turns out it's short stories, which are less fun. I'd have noticed if I'd read the subtitle on the cover :rolleyes:

Ack, hate it when that happens...
I don't mind short stories sometimes, but it's a bummer when you're expecting a proper novel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom