Cannes V2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DreamOutLoud13 said:
For those wondering about finding out where U23D will be shown, you can find a RealD theater near you here:

http://www.reald-corporate.com/cinema_theater.asp

It'll definitely be played in RealD theaters, as they've got it listed on their homepage. There's a chance IMAX might show it too, but thus far there's been no confirmation of that.

As for whether or not the RealD theater nearest you will actually show it, that's a gamble. I'd say keep an eye on the specific theater's website, for any announcement, or an appearance of it on their "coming soon" page if they have one. As the release date (sometime this fall) draws nearer, you can try calling the theater(s) for more info.

THANK YOU for that. :bow: Seems there are lots of theatres that can play this movie near me then :ohmy: But will they :hmm:

Nuala said:
I am not sure if this one has been up yet..

14045554Nuala135202007120412AM.jpg

:love:

Thanks for this beautiful pic, Nuala. :up:

U2 did their best yesterday with a sound system I thought was :down: .

Thanks for all the pics, the links and the suggestion that the silver fox should never dye his hair. :adam: :sexywink:

Leebonoman96 said:
You can always count on The Edge and Larry to look good. Bono is different. He is either the coolest rock god on the planet or sometimes very dorky. In fact the more I look at them the more I hate those glasses. Adam looks fine i'd just like him to dye his hair again.

Not dye his hair back to dark, but he can get a rinse that will make it look more silvery and less white. The BBC's blogger said the color made him look like he was eligible for a senior citizen movie ticket.

I'm still sighing over The Edge. Bono, not so much. Larry must have had the picture in the attic cleaned again, since it's a work of magic that he stays so hot.

U2girl said:
Also, Adam, two words: Dye. Hair. He always looked older than the others, and this doesn't help.

Adam's hair is BEAUTIFUL! Dying it would be a crime!

DreamOutLoud13 said:
For those wondering about finding out where U23D will be shown, you can find a RealD theater near you here:

http://www.reald-corporate.com/cinema_theater.asp

It'll definitely be played in RealD theaters, as they've got it listed on their homepage. There's a chance IMAX might show it too, but thus far there's been no confirmation of that.

As for whether or not the RealD theater nearest you will actually show it, that's a gamble. I'd say keep an eye on the specific theater's website, for any announcement, or an appearance of it on their "coming soon" page if they have one. As the release date (sometime this fall) draws nearer, you can try calling the theater(s) for more info.

:bow: Thank You!

There's two in Motréal...now let's hope they'll play it there :|

Well, Hamburg still is pretty far from the cinemas. They are located in Nuremberg and Munich which is in Bavaria.
But I'm planning on going to Nuremberg for it, or Munich. Maybe it's even cheaper to go to London by plane.
If we are lucky some cinema owner here in Berlin might get a projector in time. There are more 3D movies planned for 2008.

I had no idea it was on last night, only knew about it because my mum had seen it on the news. Thank God for Youtube! Very good performance (though Bono sounded a bit tired to me - but hey, much better than I could do at that time of night!). Yayness for the 'Ca Plane Pour Moi' snippet! :cute:

hcbiggs2002 said:

I don't know what you were listening to, but they most certainly played both songs live! :huh: U2 are simply that good a live band and if you've ever seen them live you'd know this!! And, no I don't think anyone else here has been 'wondering' about that fact!!! :tsk:

Vertigo was a backing track.... definately...
Listen to the backing vocals, and to the intro, the muted guitar part... Edge doesn't move a muscle!
also, you can hear two guitars at some moments... during the solo, the bridge...

hcbiggs2002 said:
Oh dear, the nearest RealD theatre is in Germany! :( Maybe it's high time I go visist my cousing in Hamburg this autumn!?! :hmm:

:crack: same for me... no reaLD in Holland... but we do have an IMAX :sad:

Vincent Vega said:
Well, Hamburg still is pretty far from the cinemas. They are located in Nuremberg and Munich which is in Bavaria.
But I'm planning on going to Nuremberg for it, or Munich. Maybe it's even cheaper to go to London by plane.
If we are lucky some cinema owner here in Berlin might get a projector in time. There are more 3D movies planned for 2008.
I will join you for that!
We only had an IMAX here in Vienna, but it was closed some years ago.
And Munich would definitly be the place to go for me to see this movie.

First post here from a newbie, and I hope it's useful! I'm still all hyped up from watching the Cannes broadcast last night. And sleepy - that was way past my bedtime!

Anyway, I think they were playing live, and there's a good chance that yer little man at the back near Larry was responsible for all the loops and background stuff that normally plays under their live instruments at a gig. If you watch the Vertigo DVD, no-one seems to be playing the guitar lick at the start of Mysterious Ways.

Apparently part of their live setup is a 'hutch' beside Edge where the man that controls all the loops and effects does his stuff (I think i got that from the Bill Flanagan book... but I've read so much about U2 I can't be totally sure of the source).

And on other lines - ADAM, DON'T DYE! I'm 41, and addicted to Belle Colour myself but I think he looks better au naturel! And yes, Edge too gets hotter as the years pass. Larry, on the other hand, just scares me.

Teddy, novice PLEBAN

Hey Teddy welcome to Pleba and interference! :wave: I too am still convinced that U2 played Vertigo and Streets live, like you said Teddy, the guy at the back at the controls was doing all the loops etc. ;)

So Teddy you from the UK? Ever seen U2 live? :wink:

:wave:

Hi Teddy. I wa working last night so only managed to catch up with everything when I got home this morning. Not been bed yet so starting to flag a bit now - guess will be an early night tonight.

Now why does the lovely Larry scare you?:combust:

Well, Larry is just too perfect, and I'm inclined to think that Bono's 'Dorien Grey' quip was more than just a giggle! No-one looks that much like an 18-year-old at his age, it's ..... well, I could get in trouble for using this word...... creepy! In an incredibly handsome way, of course. Don't hit me!

Yep, I'm in London but despite the nearness of Wembley Arena, I absolutely hate large venues, so I'm unlikely to ever see them live. I'm waiting anxiously for the Popmart DVD so I can complete my virtual gig collection. Then I just have to save up for a wall-size plasma TV! (though the community centre where I work has a projector and a cinema screen.... I may just creep back to work late one night when no-one's around!)

I have to say I'm lovin' PLEBA and all the eye candy :drool: I could quite happily live in here!

Teddy

MullenGirl said:

Me wants! :sad: There were posted a few pics from that site here in PLEBA so someone has to have an account there... Right? :shifty:

Yes me wants too, partic those shots of Larry with his shirt gaping!!!:drool:

The pics look like they`re on a boat - maybe thats how they got from Nice to Cannes? Looks like Larry & Edge are wearing the same clothes.

bonocomet said:
Seems there are lots of theatres that can play this movie near me then :ohmy: But will they :hmm:

I just keep harassing all the theaters that even *might* have the capacity to play this in their theater. Hoping they'll show it just to shut me the :censored: up!!!

I think I'm the only one in this stupid town who's a U2 fan. Lonely work, harassing theaters, but I will not be denied this movie! :wink:

Galeongirl said:

Vertigo was a backing track.... definately...
Listen to the backing vocals, and to the intro, the muted guitar part... Edge doesn't move a muscle!
also, you can hear two guitars at some moments... during the solo, the bridge...

Not really a Pleban, but I was scanning the thread... not sure why this is even an issue. They are live. There is a backing vocal track for vertigo, as there always is for vertigo. There are not two guitars audible.
You can even hear them warming up beforehand. Everyone is live and plugged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom