Cannes V2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bgmckinney said:

Not really a Pleban, but I was scanning the thread... not sure why this is even an issue. They are live. There is a backing vocal track for vertigo, as there always is for vertigo. There are not two guitars audible.
You can even hear them warming up beforehand. Everyone is live and plugged in.

I'm not saying it's not live, I'm saying they're playing along with a backing track...
there ARE two guitars audible, go put this version over the album version, it's exactly the same minus Bono vocals... same with the japanese rooftop gig

Thank goodness one of the theaters is 10 minutes from my house, and two more within a half hour's drive.

If any Michigan PLEBANs want to meet up when the movie gets here, I'll organize.

86029382.jpg

Galeongirl said:
I'm sure this is NOT it..

mark my words, I'm going to bed now, adn after the screening theyre gonna play beautiful day, followed by One........... perhaps another vertigo after that

consider them marked. you were wrong.

MullenGirl said:
Please, someone post the pictures from THIS page.

I'm having trouble creating a free account and I can't see the pics bigger! :mad:

Won`t let me register either - maybe as I`m in UK. Keep getting black error screen :mad:

Looks like some good pix of georgeous Larry too :sad: :madspit:

TedUK said:
Yep, I'm in London but despite the nearness of Wembley Arena, I absolutely hate large venues, so I'm unlikely to ever see them live.

I have to say I'm lovin' PLEBA and all the eye candy :drool: I could quite happily live in here!

Teddy

There are just a few coincidences I can't overlook...is this GBS Teddy by any chance?

MullenGirl said:

Me wants! :sad: There were posted a few pics from that site here in PLEBA so someone has to have an account there... Right? :shifty:

I'm still waiting a good angel to give us this present :)

Pamelakellett said:

Won`t let me register either - maybe as I`m in UK. Keep getting black error screen :mad:

Looks like some good pix of georgeous Larry too :sad: :madspit:

Yeah, I would like mainly the picture of Larry at the drums and some of the group photos that weren't posted already here.
I hope someone can get the pics.

PopDaisy - yes, this is! I get around, and you can tell GBS aren't touring the UK enough to keep me happy! Who are you in GBS life? If you're not telling in here, presumably you know where the PR is!

Actually, if I'm honest, Adam has kind of tempted me away from Bob.....

Just to keep this sort of on topic, is anyone else having trouble getting the Youtube Cannes stuff to work? I keep getting a timed out server.

Teddy

Edge is wearing a sharks tooth necklace :cool: and I like his cool redone 70's shirt too.
I just got back today from spending the weekend at my mom's vacation house on the beach and we were talking about how we can never find any sharks teeth and then I come back today and see that I missed so much, so much to catch up on :drool: :drool: :drool: how I miss this place when I'm gone.

last unicorn said:

I will join you for that!
We only had an IMAX here in Vienna, but it was closed some years ago.
And Munich would definitly be the place to go for me to see this movie.

You are living closer to Munich than I am (by about 100km). :)
Would be a good reason to visit Munich.

We have an IMAX in Berlin, but it's not showing the concert as it's run by another company. Only hope is that one cinema gets a RealD projector in time.

i just caught up with this thread after being away for the weekend. thanks so much for the pics everyone! i haven't seen the vids yet, but the pics are wonderful! if anyone has the capability, could you possibly do closeups of the pins & patches on Bono's jacket? I'm definitely loving the rosy peace sign!

I was excited to see that the theater in the town i'm moving to is a RealD theater, so hopefully it will show this film!!

TedUK said:
PopDaisy - yes, this is! I get around, and you can tell GBS aren't touring the UK enough to keep me happy! Who are you in GBS life? If you're not telling in here, presumably you know where the PR is!

Actually, if I'm honest, Adam has kind of tempted me away from Bob.....

Just to keep this sort of on topic, is anyone else having trouble getting the Youtube Cannes stuff to work? I keep getting a timed out server.

Teddy

I had that problem early this a.m. but it cleared up a bit later.

P.S. GBS!!! :hyper:

Galeongirl said:

I'm not saying it's not live, I'm saying they're playing along with a backing track...
there ARE two guitars audible, go put this version over the album version, it's exactly the same minus Bono vocals... same with the japanese rooftop gig

I see your point. Listened to it again afterwards, noticed that it was the same arrangement as the studio. Still not sure, though. Interesting to watch Edge lift his pick, then stop and nod to Larry, and then hear the drums begin. Who knows. Why use a backing track?
Anyway, it sounded good. I'll shut up about it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom