Brown Willy, Cornwall Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's always fun. Any big spats or was it pleasant this time around? I remember you saying your niece can be a terror at those sort of things.
We were at a restaurant, and she was very loud. We kept having to tell her every five seconds to be quiet/use her 'indoor voice'. She really is an attention whore though. She kept singing Christmas carols loudly and yelling "MERRY CHRISTMAS!" at every waitress and customer. Then she got to running around and giggling and acting wild. At one point she almost threw a fit because she lost her straw and when my sister Tammy (who is in from out of town, and my niece barely knows) told her to calm down, she started in on her "I WANNA GO HOME. RIGHT NOW." routine, but she got over it really fast this time.

I truly can't imagine anybody doing that. I think you've nothing to worry about.

And see I know that's true, yet I feel insanely guilty like I should call them and be like, "hey, careful, someone I met on a pane might stalk you"

We were at a restaurant, and she was very loud. We kept having to tell her every five seconds to be quiet/use her 'indoor voice'. She really is an attention whore though. She kept singing Christmas carols loudly and yelling "MERRY CHRISTMAS!" at every waitress and customer. Then she got to running around and giggling and acting wild. At one point she almost threw a fit because she lost her straw and when my sister Tammy (who is in from out of town, and my niece barely knows) told her to calm down, she started in on her "I WANNA GO HOME. RIGHT NOW." routine, but she got over it really fast this time.

This little brat is how old? She definitely needs an attitude adjustment.

This little brat is how old? She definitely needs an attitude adjustment.
She'll be 9 in March. My sister doesn't have custody, and apparently her dad/paternal grandmother let her do whatever she wants... so when my sister has her, she shows out, then throws a fit when she doesn't get her way, and then says she wants to go back home (to her dad). My sister is actually afraid to not indulge her/talk to her dad about it, because first, my niece has been known to lie about being mistreated by her mother (just because she didn't get her way), and her dad believed her, and my sister is afraid she could lose visitations if they decide she's not doing a good enough job controlling her.

See, that's the problem. My sister doesn't have custody and could lose visitation over the smallest thing.

I assume a loss of visitation could only occur through the courts, right? Well, if she's got a load of witnesses (i.e. you guys) about this child's horrendous behaviour, she shouldn't have anything to worry about if they testify in her favour.

She'll be 9 in March. My sister doesn't have custody, and apparently her dad/paternal grandmother let her do whatever she wants... so when my sister has her, she shows out, then throws a fit when she doesn't get her way, and then says she wants to go back home (to her dad). My sister is actually afraid to not indulge her/talk to her dad about it, because first, my niece has been known to lie about being mistreated by her mother (just because she didn't get her way), and her dad believed her, and my sister is afraid she could lose visitations if they decide she's not doing a good enough job controlling her.

Yikes. I'm sorry. Talk about being between a rock and a hard place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom