Brest, Belarus Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cobbler, tell me you and your idiot friends are not going to run around playing Edward Forty Hands or being Beercules.

demotivational-posters-gangsta.jpg

I pronounce it "Vic-TOH-Ree-Ah" that's GOT to be how everyone says it, right? It's fucking phonetic.

In other news, getting that application in the mail tomorrow, couldn't get things to go right and missed mail pick up today :(. But I'm very excited about applying. Wish me well.

Phonetics doesn't have much to do with pronunciation in English... and less so in Australia, perhaps. *L* At least we pronounce the R when it's in the middle like that... not so much if it was just "Victor" (or "vick-ta" if you're an Aussie).

Best of luck with the job application! :up:

:love:

hi shitbiscuits :hug:

:love: We've missed you, you adorable fuzzy ball of butt-lint! :hug:

:doh: There really needs to be a sarcasm font...

I know you were kidding... was I too dead-pan? :wink:

Eddie Maguire is a douche bag, Eddie Mcguire is alright though :wink:

Oh yeah Rosie is cool. Kingsmill is okay but his voice gets a bit boring sometimes, sounds like what I would if I was on triple J. Otherwise, I can only stomach Tom & Alex in very small doses.

... Now I have Eddie confusion. Which is which, and is there another one?? :panic:

I would change the radio station on my clock radio, but all the options are pretty depressing. I tried Classic FM once, but I tended to just go back to sleep. And I refuse to wake up to BEEP BEEP BEEP. :crack:

The Sad Punk said:
Brett Whiteley was amazing, one of the best artists the country has ever produced. Saw you interviewed Dickins, that's pretty fucking awesome. :up:

Yeah talking to Dickins, Whiteley's story is fucking amazing. He was on smack for 20 years. Tracy Dods?

I'ma gonna pronounce Victoria Ashley's way from now on. It's so much better. In fact, the queen can have it too. Queen Victohreeah. Awesome.

Vlad, teach me something to say in Russian to the Angry Russian Guy who invariably calls in ten seconds before the end of my shift and makes me earn 30 minutes of overtime that will calm him down. It's happened 3 times this week.

Vlad, teach me something to say in Russian to the Angry Russian Guy who invariably calls in ten seconds before the end of my shift and makes me earn 30 minutes of overtime that will calm him down. It's happened 3 times this week.

What does he usually say? I need context.

Yo, Axxo, the new Steven Wilson record is out there. Let me know when you're up for a listening party.

Yo, Axxo, the new Steven Wilson record is out there. Let me know when you're up for a listening party.

Gave it a spin this morning. Can give it another listen tomorrow morning my time with you if you're keen for a listening party.

What does he usually say? I need context.

It's been three different Angry Russian Guys this week. They're mad that the pay-TV company I work for is as crappy as Foxtel/Telstra, and is trying to screw them over. Yes, we suck. Yes, every time it's Angry Russian Guy, Angry Russian Guy is right, but it takes 25 minutes of arguing, while I'm trying to reassure him that he is right and I'm going to fix it, he just needs to cool his jets for five minutes and I can do what he asks. Angry Russian Guy would rather argue and belabor the point that we've made a mistake and that he's not going to pay his bill until we correct it. I apologize, I fix the mistake, I go beyond what he's asking for to fix it. Is this a cultural thing that I don't get?

I don't know about cultural, but I guess he just wants to ensure that he gets a fair deal, I guess.

Aaahaha, yes.

Now where's LM and does he want a Grace For Drowning listening party?

Oh man, Travis just STOPPED in the middle of the aisle at the store and started laughing so hard. It really does look like it's got cornflakes going on over those honey puffs. Travis says we're cutting the turtle out when we've eaten the cereal and putting it on the wall.

He went out for a walk nearly two hours ago. He was supposed to be back by 7:30 and it's 8:40 now. I'm starting to get worried, but he does this a lot when he goes out for walks. He doesn't seem to realize that this angers me :grumpy:.

I'll point him this threads way when he gets back.

Haha, I'd have burst out laughing if I'd seen that too!

Damn him. I'm heading out in about ninety minutes now, so I don't think that's enough time to get through the album. Bloody SW's gone and released a bloated monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom