Brandenburg Gate setlist predictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So i just read this is part of the MTV Europe awards. Which is today. Does anyone know when this is going to be televised on MTV or MTV2 or something? I checked their schedule today and it doesn't list anything. LAME.

I think its airing tonight at 9pm on MTV here in the US. I just saw it aired online. I thought it was live but I see from this thread it wasnt since you all were listening 3 hours ago. lol

I think its airing tonight at 9pm on MTV here in the US. I just saw it aired online. I thought it was live but I see from this thread it wasnt since you all were listening 3 hours ago. lol

My Guide via DishNetwork says that MTV has "world's strictest parents" on at 9pm.

What you're seeing is live...just that U2's performance was pre-taped a couple of hours before. I've been watching the awards online too, surprised nobody posted that before... Also I checked my TV guide too online and no mention of the awards being broadcast here in the next week...

WOW if they did open up those barriers and I were u2 I would be totally pissed at the media because just about every media source on the net like yahoo, msn, usa today, etc etc etc etc are tainting their name saying they put up a 6 1/2 foot barrier so no one but people with tickets could see the concert.

I think its actually pretty disgraceful that a wall was erected on such a symbolic site to exclude people from a free concert. U2 should have withdrawn in protest.

I just came home from evening class and when I turned on the tv U2 was on stage receiving an MTV award for best live act :ohmy:

:yippie:

The gig ... hmm, disappointed they didn't play Stay, the only song that would really fit Berlin, but I'm sure people still had a great time, and I'm glad they opened up these silly barriers when the show started.

If you take some of the lyrics of One and then take the spirit of the city into account it fits perfectly, either. If not more. Would have to take a closer look at the Stay lyrics for that.

It was a very cool gig. Sound wasn't the best. Sounded cheap and strained with the guitar. They should've brought their own equipment. ;)

U2 fans are great, but when it comes to "meeting" the guys they are just the same assholes as anyone else. Totally egoistic, pushing you away etc. Wow, that is so much no fun! :(
The rest was very cool! :D

Setlist info, from U2gigs.com -

----
As it happened, the band played six songs - but not the exact six soundchecked. Not everything was different from the soundcheck; One and especially Magnificent were abbreviated versions, and Sunday Bloody Sunday featured a guest rap by Jay-Z. In a surprise, Beautiful Day was played with the extended "we love you" intro for the first time since 20 September 2009.

The full setlist was:

1. One
2. Magnificent
3. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Get Up Stand Up (snippet)
4. Beautiful Day / Blackbird (snippet)
5. Vertigo
6. Moment of Surrender

Bah... Shortened versions of the songs... Cheesy and poor choise of the songs, counting on the fact that they were in... Berlin and on that date!
Such a disappointment...

What else did you expect? Given the event we all knew BD and One, and I thought the fact that they did Mag and MOS were awesome, especially MOS...

You just like to bitch don't you?

I just can't wait to hear Jay-Z rapping on SBS... :drool:

I can, and will, for as long as I can avoid it.

Although, actually, as I think about it, my curiosity is piqued, so I might watch it. :wink:

Did you guys not see the youtube videos posted on the previous page?

BVS, even though I don't like bitching either, you kind of bitch as much as anyone -- just about the bitching.

Interference is bitch-heaven, bitch-nation, and bitch-city, and probably always will be. I know it can be annoying, but don't let it get to you so much; it's just not worth your time.

those visual effects they put up on the gate are pretty amazing.

Maybe I'm just drunk, but did they put up screens over the gate? Or does the stone work there just provide a naturally good screen?

The lack of Stay is pretty damn disappointing. But hey, at least there's no Stuck! Small favors...

It is a shame MTV/Viacom removed the best video of SBS from Youtube.

The non professional recordings, as appreciated as they always are, simply do not do it justice compared to the official. They are showing Larry almost the whole time, and the sound is much better. I really think from watching that video that this was instrumentally and vocally one of the best performances of this song since the full band versions on the JT tour! No joke, listen to Bono for the 1st "how long must we sing this song" and Larry is smashing the shit out of the drums the entire time, like a lot more than we are used to even on 360 versions.

Also, it sounded like it was played in a higher key with a rawer Edge guitar than any version since 1987. Anyone care to comment or correct me?

Back
Top Bottom