Beaver Liquors - 110 E Beaver Creek Blvd Avon, CO Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, see I used Kim & Jessie because I still really like it. But overall, that album has declined massively for me. Really Kim & Jessie and the song phanan used last DI are the only two I listen to anymore on that album.... Also it fits in really well with the electronic/shoegaze section imo.

I'll be honest... I don't really care too much for a giant amount of instrumental. I'm probably one of those pop kiddies you're talking about. :reject:

I haven't listened to much of Saturdays=Youth in a while ... Kim & Jessie and Couleurs are the only songs that have stuck with me, and I don't feel drawn back to them as much as I did when they were new and fresh to me.

I'm interested to see what you make of it. I wouldn't say you fall into the stereotype I'm thinking of.

I haven't listened to much of Saturdays=Youth in a while ... Kim & Jessie and Couleurs are the only songs that have stuck with me, and I don't feel drawn back to them as much as I did when they were new and fresh to me.

I'm interested to see what you make of it. I wouldn't say you fall into the stereotype I'm thinking of.

I never cared for Couleurs. I think my favourite song overall by them is Farewell - Goodnight. That song will never get old to me. I'll most likely use it on a future DI.

You never know. I just think I might be tired of instrumentals after the first hour. :lol:

I never cared for Couleurs. I think my favourite song overall by them is Farewell - Goodnight. That song will never get old to me. I'll most likely use it on a future DI.

You never know. I just think I might be tired of instrumentals after the first hour. :lol:

Actually, maybe I should see if Couleurs fits in my instrumental list! :lol: I hadn't tried any M83, and there is one point where I'm having trouble with a segue. Couleurs or one of their other instrumentals may serve me well. Though it'd mean cutting something, as I have less than 3 minutes of space left.

I'm hoping there's enough diversity to keep people interested, though I'm taking a bit of a risk as my second track is the 13 minute long Gospel According To The IEM.

My first guitar was an acoustic. Had it for three years and always wanted an electric. Once I got the electric, I never looked back.

Actually, maybe I should see if Couleurs fits in my instrumental list! :lol: I hadn't tried any M83, and there is one point where I'm having trouble with a segue. Couleurs or one of their other instrumentals may serve me well. Though it'd mean cutting something, as I have less than 3 minutes of space left.

I'm hoping there's enough diversity to keep people interested, though I'm taking a bit of a risk as my second track is the 13 minute long Gospel According To The IEM.

Well there'd be a good song for me to not remember. :lol: Adding Couleurs probably won't help your case... from my standpoint at least. Then again, neither is my adding of motown to my list from your standpoint! :tongue:

Wow. And did you know all I've heard from IEM is from DI?

My first guitar was an acoustic. Had it for three years and always wanted an electric. Once I got the electric, I never looked back.

Same as me, only I never owned an acoustic. My brother had that. I jumped directly to electric. And owned a gem that I got rid of because it wasn't "brand name." It could have been fucking amazing if I'd put $300-$400 into it. :sad:

Well there'd be a good song for me to not remember. :lol: Adding Couleurs probably won't help your case... from my standpoint at least. Then again, neither is my adding of motown to my list from your standpoint! :tongue:

Wow. And did you know all I've heard from IEM is from DI?

My only problem is I have a hard time remembering which M83 songs are instrumental and which have some vocals creeping in ... I'm going to do a bit of listening now to see if anything stands out as appropriate for my list. I definitely need to alter a couple of things before I enter it.

I'm sure that's true for almost anyone. Headphone Dust isn't entirely the most representative song either. Gospel According To The IEM is my favourite of theirs.

My only problem is I have a hard time remembering which M83 songs are instrumental and which have some vocals creeping in ... I'm going to do a bit of listening now to see if anything stands out as appropriate for my list. I definitely need to alter a couple of things before I enter it.

I'm sure that's true for almost anyone. Headphone Dust isn't entirely the most representative song either. Gospel According To The IEM is my favourite of theirs.

Yeah, I've been altering mine for 5 months. :lol: I think my personal main concern this time is with all of the segues being very good, showcasing many genres, and not winding up in the bottom five of a majority of the competitors opinions. :sigh:

They're pretty much Steven Wilson, right?

Yeah, I've been altering mine for 5 months. :lol: I think my personal main concern this time is with all of the segues being very good, showcasing many genres, and not winding up in the bottom five of a majority of the competitors opinions. :sigh:

They're pretty much Steven Wilson, right?

I think mine is mostly done, like I have some segments I have no desire to change and they cover most of the list. It's just a couple of transitions giving me trouble.

IEM is really just SW's outlet for experimental stuff, yeah. Occasionally other collaborators come in, though the credits will be mysterious things like "today we leave for the mountains".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom